[Q] Google play services have stopped

Search This thread

no_username_available

May 14, 2013
Toronto
hi all, last night i upgraded from cm 10.2 to cm 11 trough the updater and now i get a warning popup every 5-10 minutes saying that so and so app have stopped working, mainly google play services, should i re-flash gaps? thanks in advance

Kriptik210

May 21, 2013
Crystal River
Try uninstalling the Google play services update and then update. I had the same issue on another ROM and it worked for me

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
You probably have to flash kk gapps.. Uninstall anything gapps related and flash kk gapps

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
thanks, so what exactly are the gapps is it just like gmail, youtube, google play and such? will flashing kk apps just replace them?

No it's not those.. It consists of Google back up, sync, play store, and other things, but I think it'll be better to just wipe the system, reflash ROM, and then flash kk gapps.. You should be up and running by then

Reactions: Skipjacks

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
No it's not those.. It consists of Google back up, sync, play store, and other things, but I think it'll be better to just wipe the system, reflash ROM, and then flash kk gapps.. You should be up and running by then

This. Anytime you are moving to a new base (in this case Android 4.3 to Android 4.4) your best option is to do a full wipe and fresh install. You can backup and restore your app data to the new version, just not your system settings.

The CM installer tried to outsmart this but if it doesn't work perfectly, just do a full wipe and fresh flash.

However, if you want to try flashing a KK Gapps package, I'm sure it won't brick your phone. So it's worth a shot to see if that fixes it. It will only waste 30 seconds of your time if it doesn't.

no_username_available

May 14, 2013
Toronto
This. Anytime you are moving to a new base (in this case Android 4.3 to Android 4.4) your best option is to do a full wipe and fresh install. You can backup and restore your app data to the new version, just not your system settings.

The CM installer tried to outsmart this but if it doesn't work perfectly, just do a full wipe and fresh flash.

However, if you want to try flashing a KK Gapps package, I'm sure it won't brick your phone. So it's worth a shot to see if that fixes it. It will only waste 30 seconds of your time if it doesn't.

so just flashing kk apps might brick it?

no_username_available

May 14, 2013
Toronto
No. I said that WON'T brick it. That's why it's worth a shot.

No risk. High potential reward.

You might also try using Titanium to manually uninstall all google apps and services before flashing the KitKat Gapps package.

thanks man, i screamed YOLO and just flashed it, time to see if it'll work lol

EDIT: thanks a ton bro i flashed kk apps and its all fine and dandy working perfect

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thanks, so what exactly are the gapps is it just like gmail, youtube, google play and such? will flashing kk apps just replace them?

so just flashing kk apps might brick it?

No. I said that WON'T brick it. That's why it's worth a shot.

No risk. High potential reward.

You might also try using Titanium to manually uninstall all google apps and services before flashing the KitKat Gapps package.