FORUMS

Giving away my Qtek9090

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By moehaha, Junior Member on 28th February 2009, 11:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi there,

I wanted to upgrade my Qtek 9090. But i dropped it on the floor and now the screen turned white, but it still reacts on touch it. I dont know what is wrong with it, and i dont want to open is. Thus i want to make somebody very happy with it.

There is only a catch. I live in the Netherlands and i don't want to invest in sending the thing off to somewhere in the world unless somebody will send me something in return.

So my question is who want to invest in sending something back for this phone? And will have the honor to do so?

The phone will come with the usb-cradle, adapter and the phone of course.

So let's see what you guys will send me in return. Most original reply wins!
28th February 2009, 04:44 PM |#2  
XDA Portal Team / Retired Senior Moderator
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,256

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moehaha

Hi there,

I wanted to upgrade my Qtek 9090. But i dropped it on the floor and now the screen turned white, but it still reacts on touch it. I dont know what is wrong with it, and i dont want to open is. Thus i want to make somebody very happy with it.

There is only a catch. I live in the Netherlands and i don't want to invest in sending the thing off to somewhere in the world unless somebody will send me something in return.

So my question is who want to invest in sending something back for this phone? And will have the honor to do so?

The phone will come with the usb-cradle, adapter and the phone of course.

So let's see what you guys will send me in return. Most original reply wins!

Hi
I´m really interested as I can re start working again with that wonderfull device
Hope you can consider me

Thanks!
28th February 2009, 08:34 PM |#3  

More
Sell it on eBay, I'm sure someone will buy it.
1st March 2009, 05:03 AM |#4  
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 47

More
if its available
If you have paypal I'd be more than willing to send the money to ship it. Would use it to help development and porting for other devices. If someone has a need to use it as an actual phone that would obviously take precedence. If you happen to choose to send it my way just PM me and I'm sure to check it throughout the day.
Generous gesture to whoever you choose to send the device to! Great community we have here!
1st March 2009, 01:45 PM |#5  
Flag Nesebar
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
i may be interested in it too, second phone will speed up my development process
1st March 2009, 11:15 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeneRoX

Sell it on eBay, I'm sure someone will buy it.

XeneRoX it's not my idea to get money for this phone. It served me perfectly and i've got enough HTC phones to keep me busy.

As I said in my first post: I want to make somebody happy with it, but if i invest my time and money in sending the device i want something in return. Dont think in big expansive stuff but original or something different.

To give u an idea what i mean with original. My girlfriend came up with the idea that who ever receives my qtek will send me a photo of him and the family he settled with. Please note this is my first ever HTC device and is my "little" baby.

So please spark up those creativity thoughts and let me know what you came up with.

Oh almost forgot i wil post a picture of the phone tomorrow.
1st March 2009, 11:54 PM |#7  

More
as much as i like your contest and i like that its another give away contest on the forum <something that i havent seen to any other forums so far?,i dont find a very good idea for people to send private infos to total strangers.on the internet
i dont want to imply anything bad and i think its nice that you dont wish to make any profit of it by selling it on ebay BUT when you said in the end of your post for whoever wins the phone to send you a photo of him once he receives the phone,that i thought it was too bit risky.
you see the thing with the internet is that anything can happen becouse you dont know who is who and you only see a chat name and thats all.so unless it has to do with online stores like ebay for eg i wouldnt recommend to people to send those kind of private infos to strangers like a photo of themshelfs for eg.
and then again sorry i did not try to insault you.its just the way i see it.
2nd March 2009, 10:48 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
hello,
I'm Mihai from Romania, I'm having my master degree at the Economics University and I think it is a great phone, (you know like the german cars,it will last you forever).
In exchange for the phone I can give you a representation in wood of Count Dracula (from Bram Stoker novel Dracula) or if you like art I can make a photo album with my city Oradea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oradea) all pictures made by me.I hope that you will be interested in the exchange.
Thanks,Mihai
3rd March 2009, 05:14 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moehaha

XeneRoX it's not my idea to get money for this phone. It served me perfectly and i've got enough HTC phones to keep me busy.

As I said in my first post: I want to make somebody happy with it, but if i invest my time and money in sending the device i want something in return. Dont think in big expansive stuff but original or something different.

To give u an idea what i mean with original. My girlfriend came up with the idea that who ever receives my qtek will send me a photo of him and the family he settled with. Please note this is my first ever HTC device and is my "little" baby.

So please spark up those creativity thoughts and let me know what you came up with.

Oh almost forgot i wil post a picture of the phone tomorrow.

In that case, here's my gift...

I'll take the phone around with me as I travel to different places and e-mail you pictures of the phone in different areas. (e.g, If I go to a lake I'll take a picture of it by the lake, if I go to vacation somewhere...)

I could even make a website with archives of everywhere the phone has visited.
3rd March 2009, 02:12 PM |#10  
XDA Portal Team / Retired Senior Moderator
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,256

More
Hi

When will be the final results on who is the winner of your generous gift?
Thanks,
4th March 2009, 08:22 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Exclamation Announce date winner
Quote:
Originally Posted by orb3000

Hi

When will be the final results on who is the winner of your generous gift?
Thanks,

That's a good question. I am real busy with planning and executing music events and festivals this month. So I wil announce the winner the last day of this month.

So the 31st of march the winner will be revealed. Than everybody can give his input and i will have the time to send the device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)