FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][MOD]OGYouTube v3.5 Downloader, Popup/Background/ScreenOff Playback [STOPPED]

354 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,290

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from OsamaGhareeb: YouTube (Downloader, Popup, Background & ScreenOff playback)
10th September 2015, 07:05 AM |#3171  
Flag Denver, CO
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Well, I've tried everything. This app will not installed on stock firmware (4.4.4) for the Droid Maxx/Ultra. Worked on a custom lollipop rom, but not stock rooted kit kat. Any help would be appreciated...but I'm not sure if it works on this stock rom.

Sent from my Droid Maxx
10th September 2015, 07:38 AM |#3172  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMy2ndGP

I give up. I install the two files for the "Xposed User" and can never sign in. I then delete everything related to this mod, reboot, then install the four files for the "Root/Non Root User" and can't comment on videos.

WTF

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Did you delete the original YouTube before trying this?
10th September 2015, 01:27 PM |#3173  
Flag las vegas
Thanks Meter: 614

More
It works on my sons crappy zte z667t (4.4.2) $10 phone. Disabled YouTube, works... No root

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app
10th September 2015, 04:25 PM |#3174  
Flag Denver, CO

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robot_head

It works on my sons crappy zte z667t (4.4.2) $10 phone. Disabled YouTube, works... No root

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

It's why I am so stumped. I'm rooted, unlocked bootloader, totally nuked away the old youtube, but this app fails to install no matter which method I use. If I manually install as a system app and set permissions, it crashes instantly upon opening. I really don't get it.

Sent from my Droid Maxx
10th September 2015, 05:45 PM |#3175  
Thanks Meter: 252

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kude87

It's why I am so stumped. I'm rooted, unlocked bootloader, totally nuked away the old youtube, but this app fails to install no matter which method I use. If I manually install as a system app and set permissions, it crashes instantly upon opening. I really don't get it.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Are you trying to move OG YouTube to /system/app or the modified YouTube? If its OG YouTube then it goes in /data/app. If you are trying to move the modified YouTube to /system/app then I am not sure what is wrong.
10th September 2015, 05:53 PM |#3176  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Did you try clearing youtube app data and reinstall it? Or you can disable signature verify and downgrade app with xinstall module? Install ogyoutube xposed version above office youtube app may solove your problem.
10th September 2015, 06:37 PM |#3177  
Flag Denver, CO

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw996

Are you trying to move OG YouTube to /system/app or the modified YouTube? If its OG YouTube then it goes in /data/app. If you are trying to move the modified YouTube to /system/app then I am not sure what is wrong.

Ok, there's a difference between ogyoutube and the modified youtube app? I thought ogyoutube WAS the name of the modified youtube app? When it worked on my custom rom, when I installed, it gave me icons for both ogyoutube and og Downloader so I assumed the install provided both. I downloaded from the same link on my custom rom as on stock, and it's only one apk, though. And for where I manually installed, I tried both places and both failed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Boy

Did you try clearing youtube app data and reinstall it? Or you can disable signature verify and downgrade app with xinstall module? Install ogyoutube xposed version above office youtube app may solove your problem.

I'm on 4.4.4 using ART, so xposed isn't an option unfortunately.

Sent from my Droid Maxx
10th September 2015, 10:36 PM |#3178  
Thanks Meter: 964

Donate to Me
More
When I use background play, the video stops sometimes to buffer (and never contunues), this however never happens with popup or in app. The same is when you come back from background play, it starts an endless buffering. It is not my internet, 40mbits download is enough to even play 4k without buffering.
10th September 2015, 10:41 PM |#3179  
Thanks Meter: 3,870

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSUsername

When I use background play, the video stops sometimes to buffer (and never contunues), this however never happens with popup or in app. The same is when you come back from background play, it starts an endless buffering. It is not my internet, 40mbits download is enough to even play 4k without buffering.

Known bug. I keep OG in the foreground when I turn off the screen which keeps the audio playing without stopping. Otherwise, background play normally stops at about the 20 min. mark approximately.
11th September 2015, 03:41 AM |#3180  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:

Ok, there's a difference between ogyoutube and the modified youtube app? I thought ogyoutube WAS the name of the modified youtube app? When it worked on my custom rom, when I installed, it gave me icons for both ogyoutube and og Downloader so I assumed the install provided both. I downloaded from the same link on my custom rom as on stock, and it's only one apk, though. And for where I manually installed, I tried both places and both failed.

I'm on 4.4.4 using ART, so xposed isn't an option unfortunately.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

So it may be about ART? Anyone try ogyoutube on ART?
11th September 2015, 03:48 AM |#3181  
Flag Denver, CO

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Boy

So it may be about ART? Anyone try ogyoutube on ART?

Lollipop is ART by default, so I'm not sure it's that. I'm going to try to install via adb in a bit and see if that works. If not I'm truly stumped.

Edit: install via adb also fails. I give up.

Sent from my Droid Maxx
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)