Gameboid : How to import save files ?

Search This thread

Danmalone72

Jun 1, 2009
How is it done? I want to play my pokemon save but the saves for gameboid are .ss1/ss2 ?
How do we convert ?

mrfrenchfry

Jan 2, 2009
No need to convert. Assuming that your save files are .sav, then you can just put it in the same directory as your rom, load up pokemon and hit continue game.

Danmalone72

Jun 1, 2009
Yeah i just found out how to do it. I was trying to use a gamesharked save.
To use a gamesharked save you need ..
To download/install visualboyadvance
Put your rom and save in the folder with it
run the rom and click import gameshark image or something similar(this will reset the rom)
Then save.
Two saves will be created you only need the .sav

INSM Sin

Aug 23, 2010
St. Louis
help

ive been playing FF on my nook with gameboid. i want to convert the saves over to my phone now and continue to play FF with gameboid. i put the same .zip file (the game) that was on the nook onto my phone, and copied it into a folder along with the .sav from the nook. how do i load the .sav? :( help would be GREATLY appreciated. . . thanks in advance.

m_hedroom

Dec 19, 2010
I accomplished this exact thing recently using dropbox to keep my save file up to date on my Nook and my Evo, so effectively I am playing the same game when I remember to save and upload my file that is.

First locate your .sav file. In my case, I have everything: gameboid.zip, gba.bios and all of my .sav files saved in the same folder in my dropbox to make it easier for myself. Make sure you delete any previous .sav files, because gameboid will default to them.

ive been playing FF on my nook with gameboid. i want to convert the saves over to my phone now and continue to play FF with gameboid. i put the same .zip file (the game) that was on the nook onto my phone, and copied it into a folder along with the .sav from the nook. how do i load the .sav? :( help would be GREATLY appreciated. . . thanks in advance.

jokerinthepack

May 18, 2012
I was just wondering if anyone knows if its possible to do the opposite? To take a saved game from the android and play in on the pc. the emulator i have on the android is mojo gba emulator since i cant seem to find gameboid. on that topic, is gameboid discontinued?

Anyways, i have my .sav file in the same folder as my rom on my sd card, when i try to load it in visual boy advance i get an uncompatible file type. i cant save the game on the android so im just saving with snapshots.

it probably isint possible...but i thought i would check. anyone? Thanks in advance.

Anant Goel

Jul 21, 2012
I kept the sav file and rom in the same folder but gameboid doesn't detect the .sav file. What to do?

znakus

Feb 8, 2011
Чтобы новый *.sav открылся в gameboid, нужно записать свежий rom.
Тоесть качаете занаво игру и кладете рядом ваш *.sav.
Дело все в том, что эмулятор патчит игру, прописывая сохранение в ее саму и на внешний файл уже не обращает внимания.
Пробуйте. У меня работает)

Обязательно должны совпадать названия игры и sav файла.

Last edited:

KingMe818

Mar 25, 2015
Hi i am using a samsung sgh-i747 4.4.2 kitkat rooted
Question 1: Whats the latest i rom i can update to and how can i do it?

Question 2: I have gameboid and gba.emu on my phone however i am running visualboyadvance 1.8.0 beta3 on my pc windows 7 home premium 64bit along with ciros pokemon maker. How can I load the save file from the pc to my phone?
Let me know if there is any other combinations of programs or a solution.
I want to be able to create pokemon on my pc and then load the save file to play my phone.
(I used to have a pokemon editor along time ago that would let you load the save file and edit it called pokedit or something like that but i cant find it.)
I would like to play pokemon emerald,firered,blue and the newer versions with cheats.
Thanks in advance for your help and patients.

splash9191

Nov 9, 2017
if you want a sav file from android to pc just go to visualboy go file. import and battery file.
if you want to save a file from pc to android go to visualboy file. export and battery file

Last edited: