Search This thread

sythe179

Nov 20, 2011
Bump on progress.
Probably gave up..

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TheZigZagWanderer

Feb 21, 2014
Succesfuly rooted, thanks for the hard work!

Hi guys

Just succesfully rooted the damned thing (sorry, I'm still getting used to not having an A-list phone, this thing is too slow for my taste), so thanks for the effort, I'll be checking back for S-OFF later, no rush, and if there's anything a non-dev like me can do to help, just let me know.

Just a quick note: I noticed someone mentioning CWM is offset on his or her device, just wanted to say: so is mine, so if you need any data for that, feel free to contact me :)

As always, a pleasure riding the XDA train!

Kind regards

Bart

Wastl_5

Feb 5, 2014
hey guys,

this damn s-offin' is a hard **** to do. i've build a gold card but the device won't eat it and gaves an error :/

i guess we need some htc worker to get any infos, without there is no way for doing it !

anyone with good news out there, please give a sign...

LukeHorizon

Aug 5, 2013
Lemgo
Revone & Firewater S-OFF failed

so i got me that desire 300 recently... BL Unlock was easy, root a little tricky, but CWM's superuser is working fine for me

regarding S-OFF: i tried both firewater & revone, but no success
revone does not s-off the device and firewater doesn't even start the exploit

Anyone found something working?

ffroms

Mar 8, 2009
Zadar
Please don't give up. I didn't see anyone else is trying to s-off for this model. You our only hope!

LukeHorizon

Aug 5, 2013
Lemgo
Please don't give up. I didn't see anyone else is trying to s-off for this model. You our only hope!

the problem is that i don't really know how else i could try s-offing this damn thing, i tried revone & firewater method, but they're not working ... Revolutionary is not supported either, so i didn't even try

we need our own category on XDA's so people notice about it

OP; maybe post what you got s far?

Last edited:

Wastl_5

Feb 5, 2014
Hey g3u members,

i just want to say that my device is working fine for me...

Bootloader : unlocked
Recovery: cwm
SU : is still running
Launcher: Apex ( :/ blinkfeed isn't working)

So i can customize launcher, apply root accesses, flash any zip file and delete bloatware.
It would be easier with s-off and don't want yours to give up for this but the most of my favorit functions are running.

If you hate this whole s-off-progress-wait-time, try to get the htc one s... best device ever :good:
Won't be here if i don't got lost mine...

Have a nice try ;) bye

LukeHorizon

Aug 5, 2013
Lemgo
anyone having the stock recovery.img? i wanna reflash it bc i got my glass broken and i'm goint to send it in tommorow ... or does a repairpeep even look after the bootloader when fixing glass? anyway i'd like to the stock on, just for security

Wastl_5

Feb 5, 2014
hi luke,

i got the stock recovery.img from an update but upload on xda isn't working for me...

Last edited:

LukeHorizon

Aug 5, 2013
Lemgo
Has anybody tried this?:confused:

Upgrade/Update HTC Desire 300 to 4.4 KitKat.

I wasn't able to find this ROM on XDA!
I have the feeling there is something wrong with this, i mean, 128mb for a ROM? cm11 had 250mb on huawei y300, and i guess it's not going to be smaller than 200mb ... maybe emulate it on a pc? i'll download it and look through it, but i cant and i would not flash it

thanks insurance, told them my phone was broken yesterday, and had an exchange mobile in post today *yay* so no cwm atm so i cant flash anything

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3893564.png
    Installing Clockworkmod Recovery - for HTC Desire 300/Zara Mini

Requirements:

Instructions: How to install recovery on HTC Desire 300
    Step 1: First download the required files as mentioned in the requirements section.
    Step 2: Extract the ADB drivers folder on your desktop.
    Step 3: Copy the cwm recovery image file to the adb folder.
    Step 4: Open the adb folder, Hold the Shift key and Right Click in the folder and select the option, Open command window here.
    Step 5: Type the following command to flash cwm recovery:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    Step 6: ClockworkMod Recovery has been successfully flushed.

Now follow the further instructions to Flash SuperSU zip package, which will grant root access on your phone.
    Step 7: Copy the SuperSU zip package to your phone.
    Step 8: Turn Off your phone and reboot it into recovery mode, hold down the Volume Down+Power buttons simultaneously and from the menu, select the recovery option.
    You’ll be using the Volume Up/Down keys to navigate between different options and Power button to select the desire option.
    Step 9: Select the “Install zip from SD card >> Choose zip from card” and browse the directory where you’ve placed SuperSU.zip package. Confirm to Flash it.
    Step 10: Once the SuperSU is flashed successfully, head back to main menu and select the option, “Reboot system now”.
    That’s it folks, Your HTC Desire 300 has successfully been rooted. To further verify and clarify, Open the Google Play Store app and install ‘Root Checker’. Once installed, Run it to verify root access. Enjoy!! What Next? Well you’ve access to install apps which requires root access like Titanium Backup, as well as you can also flash Custom ROM to further customize your phone.

Thanks to @topuchi13 for helping me and @SPSPaWn for porting CWM to Desire 300 :)
    yes, my friend and me ;)
    I will add S-off tut later

Sent from my SM-T210 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Hiya , im new to this rooting but i really want to upgrade my HTC desire 300 to android 4.4 , but is it possible to root with the sense 5 and , um ... Will something happen to my device if i root it the way u have posted ? The details of my phone are as follows :
    Kernel version : 3.4.0-gf2c010
    root@abm016#1
    SMP PREEMPT
    Baseband version : 14.11.36Q4.21_14.31a.36.1LU
    Build number : 1.10.401.4 CL272032 release-keys
    HTC SDK API level : 5.26
    Software number : 1.10.401.4
    Android version : 4.1.2
    Model number : HTC Desire 300

Can u please help me and send an email : aravindmenon47@gmail.com , please , about the details on how to root it , i tried installing Clockwork mod through ROM manager suggested by other members in XDA (other members said clockwork mod can be installed using ROM manager). Im not able to install that too , please help me .. and , i cant find any "D:/android" folder in my laptop...
    Thank you

you must create android folder yourself in you D: local drive... follow my instructions carefully... download all attached files and you will root your desire 300... it is not possible yet to upgrade, but soon most of the HTC devices will get android 4.4 kitkat upgrade... you must wait
    he isn't my brother... hes's just my friend ;) he's already working on s-off but still bumping in the progress