FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] How Can I flash an Official European Rom on my Desire S???

482 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By Dodolom, Senior Member on 29th April 2011, 08:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd May 2011, 12:31 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandCookie

If the folders empty it means youve closed the installer!
Dont close the installer or it will delete all installation files included the rom.
Besides theres no guarantee that this will work tho?
Try empting your temp folder.

Ok, I just started running the ruu.exe and it did create the rom.zip. I haven't ran the ruu.exe completely yet, you will see where I am at from the image below. So, should i get the rom.zip and rename it at this stage?

3rd May 2011, 12:38 AM |#22  
Flag Birmingham, UK
Thanks Meter: 350

Donate to Me
More
Yes. Thats what i have been saying lol...
3rd May 2011, 12:46 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandCookie

Yes. Thats what i have been saying lol...

There must have been a misunderstanding because I was under the impression that the goldcard process was going to create this rom.zip file.

Anyways, I copied the rom.zip into the SDcard and re-named it. Booted into hboot. During the Checking SDcard part, it did recognize the renamed .zip file, it said loading and then did some other stuff. Then I re-booted but everything is the same.

Did I do anything wrong or it just didn't work?
3rd May 2011, 12:50 AM |#24  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 11

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodolom

There must have been a misunderstanding because I was under the impression that the goldcard process was going to create this rom.zip file.

Anyways, I copied the rom.zip into the SDcard and re-named it. Booted into hboot. During the Checking SDcard part, it did recognize the renamed .zip file, it said loading and then did some other stuff. Then I re-booted but everything is the same.

Did I do anything wrong or it just didn't work?

+1 i have this problem... Bad gold card?

LOG:
1) SD Checking.... Loading... [PG88DIAG.zip]

2) Checking... [PG88DIAG.zip]

3) SD Checking...
Loading...[PG88DIAG.zip]
No image or wrong image!
3rd May 2011, 01:13 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTKDev

+1 i have this problem... Bad gold card?

LOG:
1) SD Checking.... Loading... [PG88DIAG.zip]

2) Checking... [PG88DIAG.zip]

3) SD Checking...
Loading...[PG88DIAG.zip]
No image or wrong image!

This is the exact error

3rd May 2011, 09:22 AM |#26  
Flag Rome

Donate to Me
More
Ehy friend!
I call to HTC SUPPORT for change language and this is response
«Download from android market "MORE LOCALE2" for change phone language to WWE language»

WORK!!!
4th May 2011, 07:48 AM |#27  
Flag Gloucester

More
What I did is called the file PG88.zip and just booted to hboot. It goes through the initial check and then asked if I wanted to update. I had to do it twice cos it updated the radio first, then just seemed to stop. Next time round it skips the radio, all the other updates complete, it'll ask to reboot, will take about 5 mins to work it out and you'll be at the setup screen. Any probs pm me and I'll try and help.

Sent from my HTC Desire S (S-ON) using XDA App
4th May 2011, 04:51 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
i renamed the rom.zip to PG88IMG.zip. Put it on root of the SD Card and started the phone in to bootloader.
The bootloader loads the file and stop the setup after a while with the message that the rom is older then the one that is allredy installed.

i have a O2 branded ROM with the Version of RUU_Saga_O2_UK_1.31.206.1_Radio_20.28b.30.0805U_38 .03.02.14_M_release.
And the unbranded HTC Version is older RUU_Saga_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.1_Radio_20.28b.30.080 5U_38.03.02.11_M_release.

This means for me that a debranding with a GOLDCard is not possible due to the reason of the old release from HTC.

Does anyone know if there is a newer version of the HTC Rom?
4th May 2011, 05:33 PM |#29  
Flag St Mabyn
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Just tried with the Orange UK rom on my unbranded (I would like the UMA app working)

Renamed to PG88IMG.zip, found the image and then loaded and checked, got CID error, same as when running RUU.

Used the Goldcard creation from the modaco thread. Going to need to find a way of S-OFF, in Cornwall anyone??
4th May 2011, 07:52 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland

More
Yep, I just tried the unbranded european rom on my unbranded Indian version Desire S ,with renaming the rom.zip into PG88IMG.zip and got the CID error as well. This is not working obviously.
5th May 2011, 08:13 AM |#31  
Flag Gloucester

More
I would suggest that it is an issue with your goldcard.... use the memory card that came with the phone. Install Goldcard helper from market, use the CID for MMC2 as Android SDK never reports the right one for me. This number has already been reversed, so create the goldcard img on http://psas.revskills.de/?q=goldcard then using Gold Card Tool flash your img file to your phones SD card via the phones USB cable.... should be job done. While the cable is connected copy the PG88img.zip to the root directory of the SD card. Turn off fast boot, power off, power on with Vol Down and wait for progress.
The Following User Says Thank You to sonikz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sonikz Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)