FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,561 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,271

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st December 2016, 01:33 PM |#10011  
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbaata

This thread will be very useful. As we will come to know more about different devices and also will help the people who need guidance about new devices

Yet, there are many posts that go unaddressed.

1st December 2016, 02:42 PM |#10012  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Need help choosing phone
afternoon everyone, i'm on the hunt for a new phone, ive never bought or used a chinese model, always had sony/sony ericssons.

the main thing i'm looking for is a, 21mp camera, cpu of 1.8 or higher and 3+gb ram.

I liked the look of the elephone vowney lite, bought it from elephone's website but 5 days later i received a refund because the phone is no longer in production.

I liked the look of the HOMTOM ht10 but read bad reivews on here, http://forum.xda-developers.com/gene...t3399770/page2

the LeTV LeEco Le 2 interested me but lack of headphone jack and i didn't really like the 2 colour it comes in

my price range max is 220euro as I could be hit with import duties if the phone is sent from outside the EU.

What phone would you guys recommend?

the main thing i'm looking for is,

21mp camera, cpu of 1.8 or higher and 3+gb ram.
5.5 inch
EU warehouse would be a plus
price 220euro ex. shipping max if outside EU, 250euro if in EU with free postage
1st December 2016, 07:53 PM |#10013  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Hello, I am looking for a phone that have these features:

- BIG and good screen (5.5 or more)
- Good LTE support frequency (all Australian and Italian ones)
- Possibly but not necessarily dual sim
- Good camera
- Very good moddability and support
- Fair price

I had seen the OnePlus 3 but after the story of the 3T I have changed my mind... Any suggestion? Thank you in advance

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 Pro Special Edition "kate"
1st December 2016, 09:04 PM |#10014  
Flag Brunsvik
Thanks Meter: 4

More
What is the story of the oneplus 3t about? Ich did not hear it?

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
1st December 2016, 10:14 PM |#10015  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi guys. I just changed from iOS to Android, after research I chose Xiaomi mi5, but I had a lot of problems with it, so I decided to sell (very weak GPS, weak wifi, very weak Bluetooth). Now I'm wondering what to buy. I read that OnePlus 3 is good, but also has issues like latency. Then there is honor 8. To tell the truth, I was trying moto g4 plus, and found it quite smooth and nice too, most importantly stable. Which one would you suggest for me, is there any other possibility bellow 400usd? Was I just unlucky with mi5? the most important is stability.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
1st December 2016, 10:15 PM |#10016  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi all,
I've been looking for a Xiaomi Mi5 and I can't understand why the black colour is more expensive lol.. annoying as I want that colour!
Also most of the sellers on AliExpress seem to want sell you a warranty without any choice.
Obviously you want the safety but does it not come as standard from Xiaomi?
1st December 2016, 10:29 PM |#10017  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superspletti

What is the story of the oneplus 3t about? Ich did not hear it?

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

They had released the op3t shortly after the op3 and a lot of customers and most importantly developers are angry for that. I think that there is an article about this story on the main site of xda too

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 Pro Special Edition "kate"
4th December 2016, 09:51 PM |#10018  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Smartphone with good camera from 2013/14
I'm looking for a used smartphone around 80 to 100 Euros, with approx. 5 inch display and a good camera.

I think a model from 2013 or 2014 should be fine. I looked at phones like Galaxy S5 or LG G3, but due to their big popularity they have a bad value for money (like used Thinkpads). So some less known model would be perfect.
5th December 2016, 02:32 AM |#10019  

More
Hello all, I am a current owner of a failing LG G2. I will be buying a unlocked phone and have narrowed it down to the Nexus 5X or the LG G5. I know spec wise the LG G5 seems superior but is it $100 more better? I do like the idea of the Nexus being pure android no bloat. As you can see having the LG G2 I dont upgrade often, usually when my phone fails. This will be on the Tmobile network, the LG G5 is a international phone I think its fine though.

Thanks for any input.
8th December 2016, 01:15 AM |#10020  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
samsung galaxy note 4 or lg nexus 5x ?
9th December 2016, 05:18 AM |#10021  
Flag Kolkata

More
Question smartphone with possible long-term official support , budget upto $230
Hi,
I don't have a job right now and don't know when gonna get.
So, I'm under-budget right now, have around $230 in pocket right now. I've done watching many reviews and comparison.

So far I've considered four phones as per my requirement. LeEco Le 2 , Moto G4 plus, Redmi Note 3 and Mi Max.
As much I concerned about the camera+performance, concerned about Branding too!
my last smart device was Galaxy Y duos three years. Since then, I was sick about the smartphone(as they evolve so fast, forgetting the past ones). Thus I'm noob about the daily performance experience on this new gen phones.
I need to choose a good phone with day to day performance with long-term support form the company (as most of them stop getting updates after a year or so)
I don't want sit around with same UI/ Android version while others enjoying new versions. I felt that after a year of buying Galaxy Y. It felt so irritating that I hated that phone so much.
Company support important to me because I'm not rich fella and can't afford new phone before 3-4 years, so I've to live with that.

As per the reviews/current updates,
  • Le 2 currently on EUI 5.8 and even users don't know if next update gonna release or not ( keeping myself far as possible, but design and performance pulling me in)
  • G4 plus currently on Android M and officials not declaring any notice on next N update (truly impressed by the camera+mediocre performance , but almost at end of life)
  • RN3=True performance, but RN4 already on the way. Can it(RN3) still keep up with next-gen?
  • Mi Max also on miUI 8, but too much big as primary device. Also everything same as RN3 except the display size. I should keep it out list.
There's few other devices which compete with these, but I didn't consider them because of some noticeable cons. So that's all from me.

Please help me choose between these devices.
Also, If anyone has any suggestion or review on another device (upto $230) please give a response. Future support really matters to me so keep that in mind.

Thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)