FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[App] OpenMobileMaps v1.6 !!! 2013/11/01 NEW RELEASE !!!

281 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By Cipher, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th December 2009, 09:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th December 2009, 09:58 AM |#101  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguana775

yea, I finally figured it out.

too bad you couldnt just select a state or a city.

btw, how can I put the speed in MPH and not KPH?

MPH is not implemented yet. will be in next release.

21st December 2009, 04:58 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
and WVGA res is possible ? for my HD2 =)
22nd December 2009, 02:01 AM |#103  
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorigny

and WVGA res is possible ? for my HD2 =)

download, install and find out by yourself.
22nd December 2009, 02:55 AM |#104  
Flag Bordeaux
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hello,

Very Good software, simple and smart. Congratulations.

I installed it on my HTC HD. It works fine, except that when I try to download the tiles in advance (by exploring, with the finger, the area I want to download), the software often ends prematuraly without any message.

Have you planned a tool to pre-download a complete area ? The exploring method takes time, especially if I want to download several resolutions, and is not very reliable so far.

Thanks
22nd December 2009, 10:25 AM |#105  
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbaou

Hello,

Very Good software, simple and smart. Congratulations.

I installed it on my HTC HD. It works fine, except that when I try to download the tiles in advance (by exploring, with the finger, the area I want to download), the software often ends prematuraly without any message.

Have you planned a tool to pre-download a complete area ? The exploring method takes time, especially if I want to download several resolutions, and is not very reliable so far.

Thanks

Hi, thanks for the feedback. could you please install the debug version (posted one page earlier) and explore the map with it until the program crashes? after that just post the \ommdebug.csv file...

i am going to write a tool to pre-download the tiles...
22nd December 2009, 11:51 AM |#106  
Flag Bordeaux

More
I tried the debug version and it did not crash.

I'll try the basic version again.
22nd December 2009, 12:13 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 125

More
I am making the same experience:

Debug version is not crashing

Even the latest non-debug version is terminating wothout any notice - smae as before on my HD2

dingolino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher

Hi, thanks for the feedback. could you please install the debug version (posted one page earlier) and explore the map with it until the program crashes? after that just post the \ommdebug.csv file...

i am going to write a tool to pre-download the tiles...

22nd December 2009, 12:30 PM |#108  
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingolino

I am making the same experience:

Debug version is not crashing

Even the latest non-debug version is terminating wothout any notice - smae as before on my HD2

dingolino

wow, this is really strange because there is nothing changed in the non-debug version except for the debug-logging.
I'll look over the code again, maybe I overlooked something.

EDIT: could you please upload the ommdebug.csv after heavy testing anyway? because it's possible that an exception was caught in the debug version, therefore it didn't make the program to stop. but it should be logged.
23rd December 2009, 08:36 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 125

More
I will retest.

With the debug version I was "going east" from Europe to China and had no problems (zoomed in and out a little bit). But from previous runs I had allready a number or "tiles" in the cache.

Than after installing the last non debug version I was "going west" from Europe over the Atlantik to US. But the problem was I never "arrived" to the US somewhere over the Atlantik the program was closing without any notice.
This was the 1st time that I was going west and had therefore nearly none tiles in the cache.

The HD2 was connected to my laptop and the laptop had the internet connection.

With this version the HD was using the internet via the laptop I have not seen that the HD was establishing a seperate 3G or 2G connection

Hope that this more detailed description could help

Could it be a timing problem that the program tried to access tiles which are not totaly downloaded yet into the cache?

Best regards,

dingolino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher

wow, this is really strange because there is nothing changed in the non-debug version except for the debug-logging.
I'll look over the code again, maybe I overlooked something.

EDIT: could you please upload the ommdebug.csv after heavy testing anyway? because it's possible that an exception was caught in the debug version, therefore it didn't make the program to stop. but it should be logged.

23rd December 2009, 09:35 AM |#110  

More
could you make this support openpistemap.org aswell and maybe opencyclemap aswell then this would be great
23rd December 2009, 10:04 PM |#111  
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingolino

Could it be a timing problem that the program tried to access tiles which are not totaly downloaded yet into the cache?

yes, this is actually what I suspect, too. i hope i find some time on christmas to fix this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maff90

could you make this support openpistemap.org aswell and maybe opencyclemap aswell then this would be great

thanks for the hint. i will consider that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
osm

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)