FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[App] OpenMobileMaps v1.6 !!! 2013/11/01 NEW RELEASE !!!

281 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By Cipher, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th December 2009, 09:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd September 2011, 02:36 PM |#511  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmartischmi

Thanks for the great program!
Is it possible to use Lat/Long coordinates while searching?
Could possibly work online and offline for the saved maps...

Thanks in advance,
Marti

Right now, it is not possible to enter coordinates. But, I could easily implement it for the next release. Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jonny-

Hey Cipher, I'm wondering how this is going - it's still my favourite mapping program. However I have problems searching - e.g, 'Guildford' is located in a completely different location to where it is. Any advances?

I can't really help on that, because this is what the webservice responds to the app. Maybe, I'll find the time to look for another webservice...

29th September 2011, 03:24 PM |#512  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Trackaufzeichnung
Hallo!
Ich bin auf der Suche nach einem "Schweizer Taschenmesser" für OSM auf dein Programm aufmerksam geworden und von Diesem recht angetan.
Tolle aufgeräumte Oberfläche und sehr schnell.Ich nutze den HTC HD2.
Was ich mir wünschen würde wäre eine Funktion zum Speichern von gelaufenen Tracks und Wegpunkten, um sie später in OSM einpflegen zu können.
Wäre so etwas möglich, oder kennst du ein Programm mit dem ich Beides, sprich OSM-Karte als "moving-map" nutzen und gleichzeitig neue Infos speichern, kann?
Ciao baeckus
P.S.Dann würde ich was spenden - falls das auch ohne Paypal möglich ist.....
19th July 2012, 03:49 PM |#513  
Flag Crawley (Gatwick, London)
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Blocked!
This app has been blocked by OpenStreetMap
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Blocked

Is there anyway to use other servers or get it working again? This is a real shame
19th July 2012, 04:08 PM |#514  
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jonny-

This app has been blocked by OpenStreetMap
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Blocked

Is there anyway to use other servers or get it working again? This is a real shame

You could try to edit the maps server url to one that is not blocking OMM. Or even try to edit the maps.xml...
25th July 2012, 09:49 PM |#515  
Flag Crawley (Gatwick, London)
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Thanks Cipher, I don't know another OSM server url - do you? I've tried the alternate {abc} one's. I know there's similar ones built on OSM - such as Cycle Maps and others, but I really like the detail in OSM. How does OSM know the program to block it - can this be changed? I usually edit the maps.xml, rather than setting from the program - is there something I can add/change there?
22nd September 2013, 03:15 PM |#516  
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Long time no see.

DynDNS is shutting down free domain services and omm.mine.nu got a victim of it. This is why I had to release a hotfix version of OpenMobileMaps with a new webservice URL.

I also included the extended maps.xml in this version. But it will be only generated on a fresh install (if no maps.xml exists).

Have fun and thank you for all this support over the last years! This is a great community!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cipher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cipher Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
osm

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)