Replacement Charger

Search This thread

gorillaz1

Nov 28, 2011
Middletown, DE
Hello,

My LG G2 charging cable seems to not be working anymore.

I also have a bunch of random chargers/cords (some in better repair than others). Does anyone know a relatively cheap plug/cable to buy?

I'd like to just buy 5 or 6 of them to have and just have a standard one in the house, since I have 3 Nexus 7 tablets, 3 phones and various other things that charge with Micro USB.

Thanks!

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Hello,

My LG G2 charging cable seems to not be working anymore.

I also have a bunch of random chargers/cords (some in better repair than others). Does anyone know a relatively cheap plug/cable to buy?

I'd like to just buy 5 or 6 of them to have and just have a standard one in the house, since I have 3 Nexus 7 tablets, 3 phones and various other things that charge with Micro USB.

Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charger-Samsung-Android-Devices/dp/B00DVH62J2

It'll charge two devices at about 1.6A or so, one at around 1A, the rest around 800mA, not sure about total real-world current if you're charging a bunch of devices at once.

But for me, it's perfect. I'm usually just topping off my G2 and Nexus 7 as I go to bed, and have other cords dangling out for my kids Nook Color, wifes Nook Touch, etc etc.

gorillaz1

Nov 28, 2011
Middletown, DE
http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charger-Samsung-Android-Devices/dp/B00DVH62J2

It'll charge two devices at about 1.6A or so, one at around 1A, the rest around 800mA, not sure about total real-world current if you're charging a bunch of devices at once.

But for me, it's perfect. I'm usually just topping off my G2 and Nexus 7 as I go to bed, and have other cords dangling out for my kids Nook Color, wifes Nook Touch, etc etc.

That's not bad, I wish it was just all Android, instead of apple and android.

Is there a particular cable that works best for charging?

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
That's not bad, I wish it was just all Android, instead of apple and android.

Is there a particular cable that works best for charging?

Nah don't worry about the crapple part of it, every port on it will charge at the "rated" speed with a normal USB cable on an Android device. In reality, it's about 80% rated from what I've seen, so like the 2.1 I've seen 1.7 out of, but that's not bad. I've charged my OG Note, LG G2, Nexus 7 2012 etc, all charge fine. Not as fast as their stock chargers, but the G2 charges at 1.5-1.7A so it's more than fast enough.

No special cable needed, you don't need a "charging" cable for sure. But there's a whole thread about the best cables to use for the G2. It's very picky about voltage sag, and cheap or very long cables it will drop down to a slower charge regardless of how much power the charger can provide. You might look at that thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2460881) if you're having specific issues or want to pick up a specific cable.

I haven't had any cable problems myself, except for connectors being too loose or too tight (G2 connector is weird).

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
BTW, I've been watching the last few days, and this charger does output higher output, it's just the G2 is kind of weird.. It'll ramp up and down what current it'd drawing, or something.. Like 1800 one second, then 1000, then 1200, then 1600, etc.. I realize that the reading has whatever the device is using removed from it (2000 in, 200 used = 1800 reading) but the G2 uses like 20mA idle, so..

Anyway.. I've seen as high as 1960mA according to Android Tuner.