[Q] message says"Droid Dream has stopped working"

Search This thread

OldTacoman

Nov 27, 2012
Hi

I have a 1 month old Droid Maxx and lately I have been getting the message "Unfortunately, Droid Dream has stopped working" when my phone wake from sleep. There was a malware called Droid Dream (maybe Droid Dreams) a couple of years ago. Is this the same issue? I have run Bit Defender, Verizon Support and Protection, Lookout, and Droid Dream cleaner. None of those show any problem. Do I have a problem?

John

Last edited:

OldTacoman

Nov 27, 2012
Figured it out

Hi

I have a 1 month old Droid Maxx and lately I have been getting the message "Unfortunately, Droid Dream has stopped working" when my phone wake from sleep. There was a malware called Droid Dream (maybe Droid Dreams) a couple of years ago. Is this the same issue? I have run Bit Defender, Verizon Support and Protection, Lookout, and Droid Dream cleaner. None of those show any problem. Do I have a problem?

John

I found out the Motorola has a software item called Dream which is used on a few phones, Droid Maxx being one. Its like a screen saver when your phone in sleep more. Its kind of stupid to name a legit software item after bad malware. Awful naming choice. Kind of like naming your first son Adolf.

Reactions: iamchocho

iamchocho

Jan 24, 2011
Big Lake MN
I found out the Motorola has a software item called Dream which is used on a few phones, Droid Maxx being one. Its like a screen saver when your phone in sleep more. Its kind of stupid to name a legit software item after bad malware. Awful naming choice. Kind of like naming your first son Adolf.

Thanks for updating, A co worker came and asked me about this very same issue in somewhat of a panic. I was in disbelief that he had somehow managed to get some android 2.2 malware onto his Droid Maxx. Looks like its a Motorola custom daydream screensaver/app so if you go in under Settings > display > daydream, you can change to another one, or turn off daydream all together. I ended up having him go into settings > apps > all > DROID Dream and force close, then clear data and we will see if that helps any. He said it started crashing after the last update.

Great work Motorola, you should install a few more Adolf applications :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Figured it out

Hi

John