Apps keep closing unexpectedly, not force closing.

Search This thread

jbrowning37

Jul 28, 2010
Android 2.2(leaked version)
Kernel 2.6.32 hydra ocov ov v10
Build 3.17.605.0 cl220374

With that said, when I'm using an app after a period of time, the app will close and I am brought back to the home screen. Its not a force close, it simply just goes to home screen. When I open the app back up, its as if I was never there. No data is saved at all. It seems to happen more with the browser than anything. Any ideas of Whats going on? Its very frustrating when I'm surfing the web and the browser keeps closing.
Sent from my incredible using XDA App

ihtfp69

Feb 22, 2009
It's a known issue with overclocking too high. Knock it down some and your browser will stop closing.

arkjoseph

Oct 11, 2010
I recently have had this issue. I tried rebooting the phone but it doesnt solve it. Mine actually goes to the home screen after a couple seconds when im in the people app.
verry annoying.
I recently had it rooted by a friend. Not sure of the specifics but I did a search and i cant seem to find anything on this unexpected default to the home screen except for this thread.

-Droid Incredible
-kernal 2.6.32.15-gb7b01d1
-build 3.21.605.1

anyone?

blakeem

Jul 10, 2010
Changing the VM heap size to 32m was the only thing that stopped the browser closing for me. It closed even when I first got the phone with unmodified sense 2.1 and 2.2. If you still have the issue at stock clock speed this worked for me.

AnasR.

Jul 22, 2016
Haven't understood a thing... I have this problem with my browser and musixmatch app... How can I fix it? I have lollipop custom rom installed :/