ICS-Hercules-UCLD2 Q&A Thread

Search This thread

RikkKeith

Oct 10, 2011
Utah
Someone requested some screen shots of this port over on the DEV section. I tried to accomodate and failed :eek: So I'll try again, but with just one shot until I know its successful. I'll try a different way too. It can't be that hard...come on!
2012-04-20%2009.22.28.png

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

That worked...here's a couple more screen shots.
2012-04-20%2009.23.19.png

2012-04-20%2009.25.15.png

2012-04-20%2009.22.49.png

2012-04-20%2009.25.46.png

Reactions: glensta

glensta

Jul 1, 2010
Over here
Someone requested some screen shots of this port over on the DEV section. I tried to accomodate and failed :eek: So I'll try again, but with just one shot until I know its successful. I'll try a different way too. It can't be that hard...come on!

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Wow - lookin' good there RikkKeith - I like your set up, might have to copy that.

marcgo

Feb 4, 2010
Can someone point me to the dark wood background that is used in Racing's ROM? I chose another one for the lockscreen, and now I can't get back to the default.

Great ROM, btw. I'll post a more detailed review after my battery charges from a full depletion and recharge.
Thanks

glensta

Jul 1, 2010
Over here
SD Card Fix

Man, this is frustrating. I can't get the SD card fix to work. I'm on the touch reovery, I've wiped cache, dalvik cache, fixed permissions, still no go.

Ideas?

RikkKeith

Oct 10, 2011
Utah
Man, this is frustrating. I can't get the SD card fix to work. I'm on the touch reovery, I've wiped cache, dalvik cache, fixed permissions, still no go.

Ideas?

He has the fix posted in both threads. I had an issue with one of the zip files (the file sizes weren't matching up) so tried the other one and that worked for me. That might be fixed now though? I don't use touch recovery.

In one of the other threads I was reading, they're saying to use touch when flashing ICS. I haven't had any issues using standard recovery, so I would really like to understand why, what makes it different in flashing ICS. Can that make a difference in the stability of the port? Or in your case, flashing the fix?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Reactions: glensta

Darmokk

Jun 13, 2011
DFW, TX

Ideas?

Same here, SD card fix is a no go for me as well, I tried all the same things but I'm not on touch recovery just normal CWM

the sd card fix doesn't remove the toggles for me either, there are still 15 of them :( And after flashing the SD card fix the rom in general feels more unstable (Boot animation becomes choppy, hangs for a lot longer at the Galaxy S bootscreen, etc).

Last edited:

RikkKeith

Oct 10, 2011
Utah
After I flashed the SD card fix, I lost the 14 toggles, and my SD card works. Sounds like a bad download if your not losing the toggles? Have you tried the other zip file in the other post for the fix to see if that helps?

I haven't had any major issues with this fix, but I do think I prefer the Kernel without the vibration fix, does feel a little smoother. Racer said when he had time he post the other kernel. And since I'm not having any issues, it's not worth it to me to flash the port again just to use the other Kernel. Maybe he'll post it soon.

stangparts

Feb 10, 2012
I read through most of the posts from the link you provided above. So it sounds like a hardware fix vs a software fix. That totally sucks if true. So you did the hardware fix with a piece of card board or something similar?

Correct.... Not sure why ICS is amplifying this issue but I used a piece of card stock I had for my printer and the echo was not noticiable without the case and hardly noticed with the case.

Battery life seems better on the first kernel so far. To fix the shutdown issue after flashing the second kernel I did a nandroid and restored WITHOUT wiping anything. The shutdown freezes for a moment but then works fine.

So far I am enjoying this release with little problem as a DD.

TheAntagonist

Sep 19, 2011
Lawrenceville, GA
Is there a known issue with the GPS not being able to locate where you are? My navi won't work and I use it a lot. I love this rom besides that there, just need my navi.

Darmokk

Jun 13, 2011
DFW, TX
i have never found the GPS to be especially accurate (or quick) on the T989, regardless if I was on stock GB or an ICS port. That being said, it still functions the same for me on this Rom without being better or worse

RikkKeith

Oct 10, 2011
Utah
Is there a known issue with the GPS not being able to locate where you are? My navi won't work and I use it a lot. I love this rom besides that there, just need my navi.

My GPS locks on real fast. There is a GPS fix that many use with success. Search the threads here on XDA and you'll find it. I'm on my phone right now so can't search the threads to find the link. I use GPS Test from the Market, but not sure if that really helps or not?

One thing maybe related, at least in regards to the sensors; I couldn't get Sky Maps to work last night for anything. It locked on to my location immediately, but the orientation would never change. If I moved from the west to East, it stayed on west; if I moved to the north, it would stay west. I never had that problem before on any GB ROM. My screen orientation works fine since the fix. It's got to be related to some of the other sensors? Anybody else try Sky Maps and have that issue? That's the first app I've used since ICS that hasn't worked for me.

Let us know if you find that fix and it works for you.

***EDIT*** I've been able to get a GPS lock instantly, and it's been accurate but I haven't used GPS for navigation or anything. I decided to put it to the test this afternoon to run a couple errands. Test failed...It locked on pulling out of the driveway, had me make the first turn correctly; then I noticed the little blue circle around my location starting to get bigger and bigger the further I drove. Then it lost its fix completely...damn it! At my first stop I reset everything, got another lock, but as soon as I start to drive...it can't keep up. It kept losing its lock and when it did give me directions, it was 3 blocks to late. It seems getting a fast lock being stationary isn't the issue. Its when I start moving the bottom falls out. I noticed the same issue with Sky Maps last night. It would lock on, but if I moved or changed directions...it didn't respond to the orientation change. Other sensors in play here? I downloaded the AGPS patch and I'm going to try that to see if it helps at all. But it's not the lock on I'm having issues with...it's the movement. I'll try and see. Anybody else able to use navigation with this port?

Last edited:

RikkKeith

Oct 10, 2011
Utah
In doing a little more digging in trying to find out why I can get a GPS lock but can't use navigation, or Sky Maps. I read that others were having issues with their compasses. So I pulled up the compass and sure enough, North is reversed and when I would change directions, it didn't know what to do. Makes since now that navigation would be off and Sky Maps wouldn't work. Something maybe with the Magnetic field sensors or other sensors I'm sure that come into play when using navigation and other apps. Have you guys checked your compass, is it off too? Man...the T989 really needs its own leak to get some of these issues worked out.

Reactions: xsteven77x

Darmokk

Jun 13, 2011
DFW, TX
I'm having issues with my widgets not updating and freezing up after a while. For example my clock widget works fine for awhile but eventually (after several hours) it will freeze up and no longer update. The only way to get it to work is to reboot.

Will running the ICS fix permissions stuff solve this issue?

RikkKeith

Oct 10, 2011
Utah
I'm having issues with my widgets not updating and freezing up after a while. For example my clock widget works fine for awhile but eventually (after several hours) it will freeze up and no longer update. The only way to get it to work is to reboot.

Will running the ICS fix permissions stuff solve this issue?

I did flash the 'fix permission' fix in CWR the night before, but I wasn't having any issues with the widgets. I am using the clock/weather widget from Beautiful Widgets and everything seems to be running fine. Since flashing the fix everything is running very smoothly, so I would say do it and see if it helps.

Until there is a 'real fix' for fixing permisions in CWR for ICS, I'm going to flash this fix after installing anything via CWR.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here you can ask all the questions regarding this rom. Please use the Development thread for development related chat, THANKS

VIBRATION FIX: Reboot into recovery, Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache, Then Flash the attached ZIP in recovery

Flash attached sdcardfix.zip to fix the sdcard issue. This will remove th 14 toggles for now. That is what's causing the issue.. Once I figure out what I messed up on the toggles I will post an update
    I will try to post a link with both kernels later on when I get a chance...
    I will have to check it out.. Will update tomorrow on what I find
    Does wifi calling work?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Sadly no....Wifi calling doesn't work on any of the ICS ports because they're being ported from an AT&T version.