[Q] Problems rooting ICS

Search This thread

elfrisi

Apr 26, 2012
Guaynabo
www.artbycgi.com
Well, two days ago I decided to put ICS on my Amaze. Previous to ICS I was Rooted with S-ON, and Unlocked.

I followed the instructions on the Development section to install ICS on my unlocked, S-ON Amaze. However after I installed CWM, and flashed Superuser, Titanium Backup, or any other root app says I don't have root privileges.

From what I understood, once SU was flashed, the device would be rooted.

I used the All In One Kit to put the CWM Recovery, and flash the SU. I did HTC Steps to unlock the phone (which the AIO Kit helped also)

I tried looking for a solution or something before posting, but I couldn't find one in the 80+ pages of the ICS thread in the Development section.

Thanks in advance!

PeartFan40

Jun 15, 2007
South Hadley, Ma. USA
Please keep all question based threads in the Q&A section. :)

Thread Moved.

Sent from my Galaxy Note i717, using XDA Premium.

You don't have to be a farmer to know what sh*t smells like.

jcparks

Mar 7, 2011
Bremerton
is there anyway to root your phone with ics on it ? my phone was unrooted b4 i put ics on it.

You sure can. Detailed instructions posted in development section. Basically you need to unlock bootloader through HTC, flash a custom recovery, load up the superuser zip, then flash it in your custom recovery. More details are given in other posts already.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

kered424

Jan 14, 2012
Just going to throw this out there. I flashed superuser after installing ICS to get root. It works for most applications, but one app that it doesn't work with is LuckyPatcher (to get rid of those stupid ads in my other apps). For LuckyPatcher to work, I had to install superSU (can be found from the play store). It seems to be my default root app now.

G

glacierguy

Just going to throw this out there. I flashed superuser after installing ICS to get root. It works for most applications, but one app that it doesn't work with is LuckyPatcher (to get rid of those stupid ads in my other apps). For LuckyPatcher to work, I had to install superSU (can be found from the play store). It seems to be my default root app now.

Did u install busybox after flashing su by chainz?

Sent from my iced out HTC Ruby

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I realized that my tool didn't set the SU permissions. I have to fix that. Just flash the SU zip file and it'll be fine.