Problems i9195 with CM11 & f4ktion

Search This thread

erika nasarre

May 10, 2014
Hello.

I have a Samsung S4 mini i9195 with CM11 nightly ROM. Unfortunately this rom does not have OTG and BLN support , which I think are some very interesting options.

I have installed the version 1.4.0 Kernel f4ktion that has these functions . Now I can connect a keyboard and a mouse and through "screen mirroring" I can see it on the TV, all perfect except 2 issues .

I use a powered USB hub, but the storage units are recognized but not mounted. I installed several apps and finally I read through the "USB OTG Helper " application , although it is not mounted as an external USB drive , but as a folder in /storage/UsbOtgDrives/drive_1.

Is it normal to have to use an external application and the mount as folder? I've seen other smartphones that automatically detected and mounted without applications as USB external drive.

The second problem is more important to me and I decided not to use the kernel f4ktion for this reason.

I use an application called " DroidWall " to control Internet access to each application. This allows me to control which applications can access internet via wifi but not on 3G. Something very useful for those who have limited data on 3G.

The problem is that when I install this kernel , DroidWall exits with failure. Does anyone know why this happens or if there is an application like DroidWall work well with kernel f4ktion ?

Thanks an Regards