[Guide]For people with white screen

Search This thread
G

GuestK00319

If your xperia play (Doesn't matter which model, it affects all plays) is getting this white screen here:
54110421807489829424010.jpg

The problem that you are facing is a busted flex cable. I'm posting this thread because I have seen in the past week at least 5 people ask what the white screen is, and how to fix it. Here is a video on how to take apart your play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3n5ZfkqhzE and here is a link to where you can buy a new flex cable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flex-Cable-Ribbon-Connector-for-SONY-ERICSSON-XPERIA-PLAY-Z1-Z1i-R800-/180869752159?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1cad655f#ht_1547wt_1185

The only way you can avoid the flex cable damage is to keep from sliding your gamepad in and out all the time. So basically, just try to do it if you are actually going to be playing a game, not just something you do because you are bored.

I hope this helps anyone with that problem!

Last edited:

crispyduckling

Nov 8, 2010
nether whitacre
i have a different problem
first my screen would come on but the phone was on and working etc
but the screen stayed black
if i kept pressing power on button or the hardware keys it would come back on sometimes
or if i restarted the phone
but now the screen wont come on at all, i power the fone on and it vibrates
and then it vibrates again and power buttons goes blue for a short time i think to signal that doom kernel has loaded and that u can go to recovery
but that it.
phone is dead

G

GuestK00319

I don't know what your problem is...It might be your LCD

KeiranFTW

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
Ah, I have this, but its only partially down the left side of the screen, about 20px

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk 2

EP35DS4

Feb 12, 2012
Sony repaired my flex cable for free, although i unlocked my bootloader with a key from their website. So if you still have warranty on your device you don't have to fix it your self and lose your warranty completely.