Unlimited Hotspot Just Stopped working

Search This thread

Nikknak

May 12, 2014
I was using an international ROM, over 100gb of data used on my 3gb hotspot, but then suddenly today I got a message pop up on my phone that I have used all 3gb of hotspot data, and I must upgrade to continue using hotspot.

I switched roms out to the infinity rom from this tmobile forums, can't even connect now.

Very frustrating right now as I am on vacation and need my hotspot to work.

Any ideas? I went through the steps to manually configure my system apks to stop tethering provision checks but the infinity rom already has those provisions enabled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any other tmobile users experience this? About to flash back to an international rom and see if anything is fixed. Paying for hotspot data seems absurd when I already pay for unlimited data.

Purest

Oct 17, 2011
I was using an international ROM, over 100gb of data used on my 3gb hotspot, but then suddenly today I got a message pop up on my phone that I have used all 3gb of hotspot data, and I must upgrade to continue using hotspot.

I switched roms out to the infinity rom from this tmobile forums, can't even connect now.

Very frustrating right now as I am on vacation and need my hotspot to work.

Any ideas? I went through the steps to manually configure my system apks to stop tethering provision checks but the infinity rom already has those provisions enabled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any other tmobile users experience this? About to flash back to an international rom and see if anything is fixed. Paying for hotspot data seems absurd when I already pay for unlimited data.

For web browsing try changing your user agent, I copied the user agent that mobile browser uses for desktop view.

Nikknak

May 12, 2014
For web browsing try changing your user agent, I copied the user agent that mobile browser uses for desktop view.

Ok, I think i figured out how to do that. I will post if I keep having issues. Thanks for the tip.

I also found out that I am able to browse any https website, but any http website seems to trigger the buy more hotspot data splashpage. Odd