700 posts
Thanks Meter: 71

By SH4YD33, Senior Member on 8th June 2011, 09:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th June 2011, 10:02 PM |#31  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 620

More
I'm actually more amazed people still haven't defected to Android, i used to think WINMO was the business until i defected to Android and ill never look back.

11th June 2011, 03:33 AM |#32  
Mmm... desiccant
Thanks Meter: 88

More
As for My Phone, I guess some program that can auto-upload a PimBackup file on a schedule would be good enough for me. Does such a thing exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody1926

I wonder what happens to the Locate My Phone feature? I have the free service.

RemoteTracker can do the same & more. However, it's not bug free & you DO NOT want to start fiddling with options without reading up on them first (as in the "lock" command).
11th June 2011, 06:55 PM |#33  
Flag Penang
Thanks Meter: 18

More
So does the new ver of Sense..
11th June 2011, 07:07 PM |#34  
Flag Pembroke Pines, FL
Thanks Meter: 131

More
I always though WM was the best and then I started using Android never look back
12th June 2011, 03:42 AM |#35  
Mmm... desiccant
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb789

As for My Phone, I guess some program that can auto-upload a PimBackup file on a schedule would be good enough for me. Does such a thing exist?...

Looks like Funambol should work for me, although I may just sync to my PC & then backup to Spideroak or something similar like Dropbox.

There's also Google Sync, which I think is basically an Exchange server. I don't think it does anything with SMS, not sure if it can sync My Documents (containing a PimBackup file). And then there's the issue of turning your entire life over to Google, which I'm not really comfortable with.
21st June 2011, 03:43 AM |#36  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 162

Donate to Me
More
As markthomson1404 said in other thread... The m:IQ Service seems to be good with Sync for Windows Mobile & Android devices for Contacts, Text Messages (SMS), Calender, Calls, Photos & Video and Bookmarks.

So over all seems to be promising (no mobile tracking though) all good so far. Also we can use MyPhone to get all my stuffs from MS and Sync back to m:IQ. We need to see how the sync is working for all supported components like 2 way sync for all components...

Cheers!!!

EDIT:
m:IQ Contacts Sync is not working... and I have informed to Dev team of the products hope they will work on that...
The Following User Says Thank You to prabhat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift prabhat Ad-Free
21st June 2011, 11:36 PM |#37  
Flag Medway
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Are they also closing the service to people running the windows 7 phones that have it installed or are they safe until a new version is released????
24th June 2011, 11:25 PM |#38  
Flag Manhattan
Thanks Meter: 21

More
android was frankly always the best XD

beats iPhone because of visual appeal and no darn itunes as well ^_^

i got windows mobile because 2 years ago my phones camera was the best one >XC

- > month later other phone's catch up with it and i gasp < -
6th August 2011, 05:43 PM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
today is the day. myphone will not synch anymore. 3 days ago I bought a cheap Android phone (Samsumg Galaxy 5) to try to make Citrix Applications work on it.

I will NEVER buy a W7 phone, not even the ones from Nokia (the phone manufacturer that I like the most - I had Nokia phones for over 10 years and my main phone is still a tiny nokia2630)
12th August 2011, 12:35 AM |#40  
Flag Dabas, Hungary
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Well I didn't like their decission, but it doesn't matter now. I had and I will have Android for sure but now I am testing WP7 on my HD2.
So I backd up everything on Google
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)