[APP] Animating Flip Clock Widget beta

Search This thread

Mylenthes

Aug 6, 2010
How the hell did he do it? I thought animated Widgets with aosp wasn't possible. Really nice job, wish it had changeable font though to match my theme. Combine this with mnml text to get weather info and its awesome.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Thnikk

Nov 15, 2010
How the hell did he do it? I thought animated Widgets with aosp wasn't possible. Really nice job, wish it had changeable font though to match my theme. Combine this with mnml text to get weather info and its awesome.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

You could just get your font of choice, rename it to Storopia.ttf, put it in the assets/font folder in the app, and put the app in system/app :p

bra1nDeaD

Mar 29, 2010
You could just get your font of choice, rename it to Storopia.ttf, put it in the assets/font folder in the app, and put the app in system/app :p

Yes, that's possible. But I am not sure if the size will be exactly right as the clock is currently tweaked to display right with Storopia.

But I think it would be a nice option to enable some advanced options where you can change font and some other tweaks on how the clock renders. Though is won't be on top of my priority list.

ooie

Dec 12, 2010
I think it looks awesome. I'd be using it if it would allow me to choose what it does when I press the widget, such as opening calendar.

bra1nDeaD

Mar 29, 2010
I think it looks awesome. I'd be using it if it would allow me to choose what it does when I press the widget, such as opening calendar.

Well, you are in luck. I already have this change ready and will send out an update very soon (as soon as I get that one nasty bug squatted).

Reactions: ooie

ooie

Dec 12, 2010
Well, I'll be looking forward to it! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Vogie

Aug 25, 2010
ohhh no, I want to try this widget :(
I can't access google-market

Please send me a download link :'(

jjcas15

Jan 25, 2011
Bay Area
I will take this into account. I think I will implement both, but as a different size widget. The idea I have is to have a 4x1 and a 4x2 widget, both where the date is optional. On the 4x1 it will sit on the side and on the 4x2 it will sit beneath.
The 4x1 widget with the calendar next to the the flip clock sounds sweet!!

Vogie

Aug 25, 2010
Feedback,
I'm on MIUI MCG7.7 (1.6.17)
MIUI default launcher

I can't remove widget from Desktop. when i long-press on widget noting do! i think to remove i have to uninstall it but i like it ;-) and did't remove it.\

Flip Clock:
Version 0.1.4 Tue 14 June 2011

bra1nDeaD

Mar 29, 2010
Feedback,
I'm on MIUI MCG7.7 (1.6.17)
MIUI default launcher

I can't remove widget from Desktop. when i long-press on widget noting do! i think to remove i have to uninstall it but i like it ;-) and did't remove it.\

Flip Clock:
Version 0.1.4 Tue 14 June 2011

Could it be that you have your home-screen locked?

Jens Christensen

Feb 7, 2011
Thanks, very nice widget :)

2 things:
- Is it not clickable? I'd like for it to bring me a news/weather app or whatever
- It looks very small on my Optimus One. Is this deliberate?

screenshot_1.png

flixos

Oct 28, 2010
It works nicely on my Nexus One GRJ22 (stock). As all the guys said before me, it would be great to have the choice of having the date added to it, and the option to go to the alarm when you touch it. So keep on it, good job ;).

PS: when i put the widget away from my homescreen, it still remained on the background as a working process. I hope this will be useful for you ;)

bra1nDeaD

Mar 29, 2010
installed this on miui, cant move the widget once placed and cant get rid of it! nice otherwise though.

There are other people out there with the same problem. They all seem to have MIUI rom. Not sure why as I don't have MIUI.

Is there anyone here that has heard of this before? Google won't give me the answer :(

MarcusBremen

Aug 6, 2010
change the font to helvetica, looks like my system font, now everything is the same...

no errors from removing from homescreens, running redux 2.3.3

Attachments

• screenshot_3.jpg
    screenshot_3.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 271

EmDzei

Dec 12, 2009
F1nland
Installed and works on Samsung Galaxy S

Hardware: Samsung Galaxy S
Launcher: Launcher Pro

Thank you developer about this nice animated clock!

I agree that wish pressing hour open calendar and minute a clock or this are setable values on settings. Pressing this widget on your desktop can be done there from application menu to see version or other greetings.

Adding month name or days is not my favorite number one if they are in English format like June (current month) and days use 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, AM/PM etc. format. Very welcome if they are coming directly from your phone language and regional settings. Then my thumbs are up.

Talks "cannot see this app on Android Market" could be that current user is using leaked or custom ROM and it is not registered to Googles server, yet/ never will be. You need either Market Enabler or hack to your settings (just one simple ASCII file) or just clean your Market cache.

Here are some my screencaptures (potrait and landscape) from my Samsung Galaxy S with Laucher Pro interface, Widgetsoid, Beatiful Widgets and Scrollable News widgets. Launcher Pro give me a feature that I can resize my widgets size and my current number of colums is five (default is 4). Enjoy.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

icon.png

See the minutes flip by in a smooth animation, right on your home screen.

A retro style flip clock with smooth animation for on your home screen. The only widget with smooth animation that works in every launcher or lock-screen.

!! Beta Version !! Bugs can happen.

Features:
    • A smooth animated (real) flip.
    • AM/PM and 24-hour modes.
    • Select an app to launch on touch.
    • More to come.

Known Issues:
    • Widget can't be removed on MIUI roms
    • The widget gets clipped in landscape
    • SBP Shell 3D has issues with widgets

Check it out on the Android market.
    chart

Change log:

Version 0.4.9 - Tue 5 July 2011
    • Now you can configure existing widgets.

Version 0.3.8 - Wed 29 June 2011
    • Added crash reporting functionality

Version 0.3.7 - Thu 23 June 2011
    • Fixed a lot of little bugs
    • Fixed bugs for Android 1.5
    • Added customisation screen when adding widget, customisation after widget is already created will come soon
    • Select an App to launch when clicking the hour/minutes
    • Fixed usage of 24 hour format setting
    • Tweaked layout on information screen

Version 0.1.4 - Tue 14 June 2011
    • Clock now updates when time or time zone changes.

Version 0.1.3 - Sat 11 June 2011
    • Initial version

ss-0-0-128b92ed6f17c114c656c945e9318b6bb932e5ac

ss-1-0-2bcf1b5509c93e05c1d6d150e0d5e22581e56c4a
    Animating Flip Clock Widget

An update to Animating Flip Clock Widget is imminent :D
    Can we get jelly bean support please?

JB support is coming. I've got a fix in place but still need to do a lot of testing (darn fragmentation).
    Animating Flip Clock With HTC One clock Font

Download here http://www.mediafire.com/?m0crc7o91cm76pw

Well, you are in luck. I already have this change ready and will send out an update very soon (as soon as I get that one nasty bug squatted).