[MOD]NOOBS Flash the Eng 85 H-Boot and CWM 5 the easy way!!!S-OFF ONLY(UPDATED 2/04)

Search This thread

dispozable

Feb 15, 2011
wont read pd15img

im starting to think im going crazy here but im sure im missing something. i renamed to PD15IMG.zip (absolutely sure, checked spelling and transferred a few times) and put on the root of my memory card and when i boot into hboot, it does nothing. no checking for file or anything. i have s-off and the 86 bootloader

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
im starting to think im going crazy here but im sure im missing something. i renamed to PD15IMG.zip (absolutely sure, checked spelling and transferred a few times) and put on the root of my memory card and when i boot into hboot, it does nothing. no checking for file or anything. i have s-off and the 86 bootloader

Sounds to me like your booting into fastboot rather than the bootloader. Next time either select the bootloader and press the power button. Or boot into it by holding the down the volume key and powering on while the phone is off.

Sent from my Google Nexus 12! yup I'm from the future

AlanB412

Jul 22, 2011
Bronx, NY
Just to clarify, the second download comes with the official(final) gingerbread OTA from Tmobile?

If that's the case then I feel like some logical workaround can be made with it that could let 2.3.4 users get rooted somehow.

Crazy but my root stayed after flashing new radio am u jus lucky or somethin

mjeezy made it sound as though he did this and managed to keep his root, then again, I'm not exactly sure if that's what he meant in that post.

Dfanzz

Sep 6, 2009
San Juan
Did i brick my phone? Sure looks like it!

This is what I currently have:
Glacier PVT Ship S-OFF
HBOOT - 0.86.000
MICROP-0429
RADIO-26.03.02.26_M
eMMC-boot

When I try to install this i get this:
Partition update fail!
Update fail!
Press (POWER) to reboot
----------------------------------------------

When I try to reboot into recovery, this is what I get:
E: Cant mount /cache/recovery/command
E: Cant mount /cache/recovery/log
E: Cant open /cache/recovery/log
E: Cant mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Cant open /cache/recovery/last_log

Everything was fine until I got a boot loop from a newly installed ROM... I pulled out the battery and thats when all hell broke loose.

From what Ive read... Looks like i bricked it. Any and all help is greatly appreciated....

Thanks!

tonyio

Dec 17, 2007
Tampa, FL
i did everything and i have now s-off and correct bootloader, but if i go to CWM and choose install from zip it stucks on hat picture, anything to do wit that?? my bad....power is not ENTER on CWM

Last edited:

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
This is what I currently have:
Glacier PVT Ship S-OFF
HBOOT - 0.86.000
MICROP-0429
RADIO-26.03.02.26_M
eMMC-boot

When I try to install this i get this:
Partition update fail!
Update fail!
Press (POWER) to reboot
----------------------------------------------

When I try to reboot into recovery, this is what I get:
E: Cant mount /cache/recovery/command
E: Cant mount /cache/recovery/log
E: Cant open /cache/recovery/log
E: Cant mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Cant open /cache/recovery/last_log

Everything was fine until I got a boot loop from a newly installed ROM... I pulled out the battery and thats when all hell broke loose.

From what Ive read... Looks like i bricked it. Any and all help is greatly appreciated....

Thanks!

Yup sounds like your eMMc chip failed. Sorry to hear that bud

Last edited:

dbm0361

Apr 26, 2008
s off

So I was rooted s off and all I got the official. Update and s-off still there if I flash top one will I have root again

DaytonaDU

Nov 10, 2010
to clarify, my phone is s-off and rooted. This will un-root the phone? Flashing a custom ROM that is already rooted will restore root in this case?

antivirus1

Oct 16, 2006
I need big help.. mines come on and it stay on the boot screen with hboot and fast boot highlighted... thats it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey All,

Here are some PD15IMG varients. This is great for noobs who are unsure about flashing the engineering boatlader wich is highly RECOMMENDED as well as a custom recovery. Once you have achieved s-off use this file to continue your rooting process. Again this only works for those of you that currently have S-OFF!!!!

You may ask why do I need an engineering bootloader the answer is you technically don't. However, it can be your last line of defense against a soft brick and is strongly suggested by any experienced modder!!!

I have included 3 separate downloads. The first file contains ClockworkMod and the engineering bootloader. I did not offer a separate file containing just CWM 5 or just the bootloader due to a few reasons. One being I believe everybody should have the Eng. bootloader and second being this offers a true flash of a custom recovery where Rom Manager does not. If you would like just one or the other open up the zip file and delete the desired file. The second file is the most recent update offered from T-Mobile. That file will give you the update unrooted and as it is intended from T-Mobile. However, it will give you an eng bootloader with CWM 5 instead of the locked bootloader and stock recovery. Allowing you to return to another rom or previous nandroid backup. The third file is for if you ever want to go back to a stock splash image or yours begins to fail. Finally, I also added thee new ClockworkMod touch recovery with the eng bootloader for the last file.

I am not responsible for anything that may happen to your device please proceed at your own risk. I have tested this myself and it works just fine. However, if something were to happen to your device don't blame me :D

1.Download which file you want

2. Rename it to PD15IMG and place on the root of your SD card

3. If using the second file make a nandroid backup first.

4. Boot into H-boot and apply the update (by holding volume down and powering on the phone)

5. Once the update has finished either re-rename the file to something different or delete it from the sd card otherwise you will keep installing the update
    AGAIN THIS IS FOR S-OFF ONLY

BLINGO BLAMO You now can either flash your favorite rom or restore a previous nandroid backup:eek::cool:

The downloads

This file contains the new ClockworkMod 5.0.2.0 and the Eng H-Boot 85.2007

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/69550670/PD15IMG_eng_hboot_.zip

This file contains the Mysense update, Eng H-boot 85.2007 and ClockworkMod 5.8.1.0

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/69550670/PD15IMG_eng_hboot_touch_Recent_update.zip

THIS 2nd FILE WILL ERASE ALL FILES AND DATA ON YOUR PHONE

This File contains the original T-Mobile splash image (teejay this is for you lol)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/69550670/PD15IMG_Splash_.zip

This file contains the ClockworkMod 5.8.1.0 TOUCH recovery along withe the Eng H-boot 85.2007

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/69550670/PD15IMG_eng_hboot_touch.zip

I hope this helps some of you out and relieves those headaches you had!!!!
    So this flashes the engineering bootloader, the latest ClockworkMod recovery, and the OTA Gingerbread ROM all in one shot? I've never heard of such a package, pretty cool! :thumbs up:

EDIT: I read it again, and apparently it's just the bootloader and recovery. Still pretty cool!
    PD15IMG for CWM only.zip - rename to PD15IMG.zip and flash from bootloader to install custom recovery on an S-OFF Glacier
    http://depositfiles.com/files/d8q6f1kbg

PD15IMG for reroot.zip - same as above but also contains ENG HBOOT
    http://depositfiles.com/files/41ji3y5yk
    So this flashes the engineering bootloader, the latest ClockworkMod recovery, and the OTA Gingerbread ROM all in one shot? I've never heard of such a package, pretty cool! :thumbs up:

EDIT: I read it again, and apparently it's just the bootloader and recovery. Still pretty cool!

It flashes the ota too, no root tho

Gonna add adb shell root to it tomorrow too

oki please send me those two files please, mr newbieornah
    Cwm touch recovery
    https://nofile.io/f/OEGn6Go3Ze2/cwm+touch+5.8.1.0.img
    Md5: 687998d5093878147256c10ae9e98e5a

Cm7.1 rom
    https://nofile.io/f/khgJAPajONu/update-cm-7.1.0-glacier-signed.zip
    Md5: cf6ca49b98fc6883bc6bf6a04caf7f53

Make sure to verify the md5's