[ROM] ICELite BETA2 | AOSP 4.0.3 | FAST & CLEAN | 23/04/2012

Search This thread

vitaminme

Apr 26, 2011
mumbai
cant wait to try. but my linux keeps saying waiting for device.
trying to install sdk and fast boot from the scratch. lets see

basketballman

Nov 5, 2011
is there a way to fix wifi
wifi is kind of buggy
when i connect to the wifi in my house
several minutes later
wifi signal disappeared and it cant be search again
the solution is to press "scan" many times so that it can be discovered again

calage1234

Mar 28, 2011
Brasília
Hey @zdzihu, this rom is awesome, but you can fix the problem with the language Portuguese Brazil, because i'm getting FC with system interface when using PT language.

Thanks.

Petter88

Nov 20, 2009
Love the rom, the only problem I have had so far is that I can't add facebook account for sync, it is an option in the add account list but does not open a log in screen, just returns to account list. Neither is the option for syncing avaliable in the facebook apps settings

Not a biggie but thought I'd report :) thank you for a great opportunity to try as vanilla ics as possible

Sent from my LT15i using XDA App

hellocng

Apr 14, 2011
Vancouver
www.hellocng.com
how can i change the hardware accel to 0.5 like you recommend in the thread??

In settings, go to developer options.

I find for UI there is negligible difference turning on force GPU rendering and I have to figure out the impact on battery life. Having animation scale at 0.5 just means lowering the quality. Higher scale will mean more frames to complete the animation. For smoother animation, I use 2x. It may appear slower but thats also because its displaying more frames. It looks better. The lower scale may seem quicker but I find the perception of lag is in the responsiveness of the device itself. The animation at any scale is smooth but it has a lag after input. This is most apparent with the Cosmo Flow live wallpaper from Xperia S.

Thank you so much Zdzihu! This is exactly what I was hoping for. This solve all the problems I had with the alpha (random reboot, old lockscreen, incomplete tron UI, and sms notifications not always working).

Im still trying to get used to AOSP apps as I was accustomed to SEMC ones. I dont know if I prefer the darker UI of SE apps more. SE apps do have some advantages in certain areas such as messaging app shows that my sms has been sent/received. I also prefer the music app and camera app from SE too but the camera app doesnt work.

There was no live wall paper picker in this build but it was easy to find and install.

Im using an LT15a on 850 with baseband 56 and the reception and battery life has been awesome so I dont want to risk changing to 64. I think people should evaluate their device performance first before trying different basebands.

After a few more days of tweaking and personalizing, Ill report back if I find any bugs but so far its perfect!

heihei_ivan

May 19, 2011
Hong Kong
Love the rom, the only problem I have had so far is that I can't add facebook account for sync, it is an option in the add account list but does not open a log in screen, just returns to account list. Neither is the option for syncing avaliable in the facebook apps settings

Not a biggie but thought I'd report :) thank you for a great opportunity to try as vanilla ics as possible

I was searching google about that and found out that it may be due to ICS (i don't know if it is) and i tried to use 3rd party apps to sync facebook contacts like this one: https://market.android.com/details?id=org.watto.program.android.sync.facebook

wallimo

Dec 17, 2010
Wuhan
I am also having trouble adding my face book account, and I noticed if I did something like turn on wireless tethering it will work for the first time but after, disconnecting I'm unable to start wireless tethering or connect to my vpn etc until after I restart the phone.otherwise very good, don't think this has been mentioned yet.

PAVNEET101

Feb 22, 2008
San Antonio

jtc42

Jan 2, 2007
Bath
Facebook syncing is an ICS issue (or rather a Facebook issue with ICS). It's the same on my ICS tablet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Here's the first release of the ROM I've been working on for some time now. This ROM is based on SEMC framework for compatibility (data connection etc), but introduces fully debranded system. ICELite is designed to be fast, lightweight and stable ROM ready for everyday's use. As usual, this is a BETA release, and I'm not responsible for any herp in case of derp or durr.

ICELite beta2

scaled.php

Summary:
    This ROM is a pure AOSP experience without any bloatware. If you need Timescape/Whateverscape, please use the SEMC ICS beta ROM. I am not taking any feature requests - this is going to be barebone Android 4.0.3 without any addons. If you need battery mod/wallpaper/xyz support - please click here

Features:
    - Wifi Direct app
    - latest Trebuchet launcher
    - 0%-battery friendly
    - HDMI + FM Radio
    - gapps base included (you may download all neccessary Google App from the market)

Bugs/Issues:
    - I haven't had enough time to port AOSP incall screen, so I included my custom one (thanks SEMC)

Tips:
    - setting animation scale to 0.5x (or even disable if you don't need eyecandy) improves overall speed/smoothness a lot

Howto:
    - download
    - unpack
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img
    - flash update.zip via recovery

This ROM is tested (and works fine) with ICS BASEBAND (70+). You may experience various problems using different baseband!

Changelog:
    - beta2: ported beta1 changes to the official ICS release, latest stock kernel with 0% workaround.
    - hotfix2a: minor fix for GPS force close
    - hotfix2: restored Live Wallpaper Picker, restored statusbar clock color, fixed lags when entering settings, hopefully fixed incall button issues
    - hotfix1: fixed FM Radio FC, fixed pt_BR language, included new Wifi modules

Doomlord :D, FXP(J), Bin4ry, all Xperia developers

Kernel: boot-ICELite-beta2.img

ROM: ICELite_zdzihu_beta2.zip

Cheers,
    z
    Hi guys,

Sorry there's been no updates since hotfix2, but my Arc is suffering from hardware fault. The "back" button seems to be always-pressed, which renders phone very hard to use (it automatically closes most of the apps I start, disconnects my calls after a second etc).

I'll try to disassemble it and hopefully fix the issue when I have some spare time. The development is NOT ceased.

Cheers,
    z
    ICELite beta2

Hi guys,

I haven't fixed my back button issue yet, but found a nice software workaround that makes phone more-or-less usable.

Here's work-in-progress build of ICELite, based on official ICS release. Since it's not tested much and barely optimized, I still consider it beta release.

I've been short on time lately, so I mostly ported beta1 changes to official ICS, added 0% workaround to stock kernel (and some minor stuff). Hopefully I'll get some more spare time to optimize the rom / cut off more bloatware soon. So far, tested for 24h without any random reboots.

For better experience, set your animation scale to 0.5x/0.5x in dev settings!

kernel: boot-ICELite-beta2.img

ROM: ICELite_zdzihu_beta2.zip

Cheers,
    z
    Facebook sync / accound add is a generic ICS issue - you need to google for available workarounds.

Also, here's the hotfix1:

- fixed FM Radio force close
    - fixed pt_BR language causing constant force closes
    - included new Wifi modules which may (or may not) fix some wifi related problems

Download: ICELite_beta1_hotfix1.zip

Cheers,
    z
    Hi,

Thanks for the feedback :) I am trying to investigate the issues mentioned in thread.

- problems with Setup Wizard (changing language = FC etc): just go throught it ASAP and you will be fine. I'll try to replace it wil less problematic version.

- Wifi problems - to be honest I don't have any, but I'll try to use different modules and check link quality and such

- touch-to-focus misaligned - I am working on it, seems to be just an app issue.

P.S.: I hope it has the "U MAD?" bootlogo/bootanimation
    Certainly :D

Cheers,
    z