Google play movie freeze

Search This thread

prc292

May 3, 2012
I've tried a bunch of different touch wiz roms all rooted both odexed and deodexed But Im Stuck With This 9 Sec bug. Tried temp unrooting with supersu in settings (disable root and reboot) still 9 sec and freeze. Need a solution. Tried different kernels, that didn't work. Anyone figure this out?

prc292

May 3, 2012
I flashed stock firmware without wiping data. Kept my apps but root was removed and stock recovery installed now. Google play movies working again. Gonna re root and see if that kills it again.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Re rooted and play movies work fine! This is all on mk2 by the way. Now for custom recovery. See if that kills it.

Last edited:

prc292

May 3, 2012
Flashed latest twrp and movies still work fine. Soo...the answer is....I have no idea. But it works!

prc292

May 3, 2012
I flashed another custom rom and play movies quit working again. Flashed back to stock with Odin re rooted and custom recovery.. play movies work fine..not sure why.

darkdragone

Aug 7, 2010
I'm having this problem as well on my GS3 I'm running likewise 4.2 with ktoonz kernel. It seem if I stream or download the video the problem is the same, it stops at 9 seconds. I decided to see if this problem was localized only to the google play movies app so what I did was find out where the movies were stored and opened one with a different player. In this case I used MX player, however it did the same thing. The same thing happened when i moved the file to my pc and tried it with vlc. This leads me to believe that the downloading/streaming process is somehow being affected. That being the case I tested my tablet which is an acer iconia a500 running tegraowners omni rom and their kernel. Streaming works, so what im going to do is download a movie and then move it over to my phone and see if it will play then.

edit: Ok nope neither the pc nor my phone will play the movie file from my tablet, however the tablet plays it just fine. drm crap i guess...

Last edited:

borrell

Apr 20, 2009
Couple years later and the bug is still alive and well. On Samsung Galaxy S7. Google Play Movies stops after 9 seconds and displays 'There was an error. If the problem persists, try restarting your device.' Of course, restarting the device does nothing, and the problem persists regardless if the movie is streaming or downloaded. The only way I can get it to work is to cast the movie to Chromecast, which technically is not making it working since it's not playing on my phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171015-084937.png
    Screenshot_20171015-084937.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 13