[Mod] Increase Max Brightness

Search This thread

rlee008

Jul 7, 2009
Miami, FL
hey hatcyl, thanks for the bright mod.... any way to make the screen dimmer for late night viewing? sometimes ill lay in bed and could use a mod to dim the screen even more than stock.

thanks!

Sher The Love

Sep 13, 2011
California

drgkt

Apr 5, 2008
Changed autobrightness to 1, left unaffected actualbrightness (230) and maxbrightness (255).
It did not work!
Gt n7100 on android 4.1.2 stock, rooted.

Help please

crsklr

Dec 27, 2012
The command worked great. Executed it in terminal emulator (running 'su' for root, which is required to modify system files) and it immediately brightened. Really gives that extra brightness needed in daylight.

On 4.3, jedi master x rom.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING:
    Using this mod may decrease battery life, decrease screen life and/or quality, cause overheating, cause your phone to blow up or cause other damage to your phone. Use at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage this mod causes to your phone.

This Mod will increase the max brightness of your phone by about 10%.

Note:
    Auto Brightness must be turned off for this to work.
    Root is required for this Mod.

Instructions:
    Download and run app attached to this post.

Or. ..

echo 1 > /sys/class/backlight/panel/auto_brightness

If you reboot or enable auto brightness you have to run it again.

The best way to tell if it worked would be to run it when your screen is already at full brightness. You'll see it go a bit brighter.

Tested on T-Mobile Note II, but this may work in many Samsung Galaxy phones.
    hey hatcyl, thanks for the bright mod.... any way to make the screen dimmer for late night viewing? sometimes ill lay in bed and could use a mod to dim the screen even more than stock.

thanks!

This is what I use. Hope this helps.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.haxor

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
    Can this be uninstalled at any time?

Yes you can un install at any time. But after a reboot or enabling auto brightness you will lose the increased brightness.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium HD app
    Great, Thank you!
    AWESOME, hope we can find a way to make it even brighter!