[Q] long press, scrolling, tremors, accessibility?

Search This thread

Claghorn

Oct 16, 2012
home.comcast.net
If my finger is not absolutely rock steady, when I long press an item in a scrolled list, my Nexus 7 is infinitely more likely to decide I want to scroll the list than it is to decide I am long pressing the item to select it. Is there any way to force android to require a greater amount of movement from my finger before it decides I'm scrolling rather than long pressing? (Better yet, is there any way to convince developers to put check boxes on things to select them rather than making me $#@! long press? :).

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
If my finger is not absolutely rock steady, when I long press an item in a scrolled list, my Nexus 7 is infinitely more likely to decide I want to scroll the list than it is to decide I am long pressing the item to select it. Is there any way to force android to require a greater amount of movement from my finger before it decides I'm scrolling rather than long pressing? (Better yet, is there any way to convince developers to put check boxes on things to select them rather than making me $#@! long press? :).

Are you using a screen protector? If not, get one. The different texture will be better at "grabbing" your finger. I don't have a protector on mine, and that drives me crazy. My hands are pretty steady and it happens to me all the time. I could buy a protector... not sure why I don't.