Sunscape

Search This thread
S

SevenRains

Ok, installed fine and i got three shortcuts in start menu, sunscape, sunscape lock an sunscape unlock. When I click on sunscape, the screen goes to the lock screen, but I couldn't figure out how to "unlock". I have right soft key mapped to end apps, so I used it to close sunscape. So I guess thats another problem I have, keys are still active when lock screen is up. I know this is for ppc, and I'm assuming you know the blackjack is a smartphone with non-touch screen. On s2u2, the d-pad will unlock the screen, but all other keys are disabled. I wasn't sure what the lock and unlock shortcuts did exactly, when I clicked those, I got the wait cursor, for a few seconds and that was it. I had a few minor display problems since my device is landscape oriented instead of portrait, like the clock and date overlapping.

Any ideas? Or am i s.o.l. since I don't have a touch screen?:confused:

Nope, nope. Everything is correct:

1.) Indeed, since there is no touchscreen there's no way of unlocking it => I'll implement DPAD to turn off the screen (today).

2.) Lock is for locking the screen. It's a program that stays resident like iLock from S2U2 and locks the screen after a specified time (Sunscape.xml). Unlock is for disabling that resident program (README).

3.) Overlapping may be normal (per default) since the default theme is designed for 480x640 resolution. I believe that the default placements are ok in Sunscape.xml, you'd only have to reduce the font size in Sunscape.xml. Of course, you can tailor it to your needs by editing Sunscape.xml (I tried to include as much documentation as possible in there).

That's it. :) I'll enable DPAD unlock in the release I'm working on today. Thank you for testing!

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
Nope, nope. Everything is correct:

1.) Indeed, since there is no touchscreen there's no way of unlocking it => I'll implement DPAD to turn off the screen (today).

2.) Lock is for locking the screen. It's a program that stays resident like iLock from S2U2 and locks the screen after a specified time (Sunscape.xml). Unlock is for disabling that resident program (README).

3.) Overlapping may be normal (per default) since the default theme is designed for 480x640 resolution. I believe that the default placements are ok in Sunscape.xml, you'd only have to reduce the font size in Sunscape.xml. Of course, you can tailor it to your needs by editing Sunscape.xml (I tried to include as much documentation as possible in there).

That's it. :) I'll enable DPAD unlock in the release I'm working on today. Thank you for testing!
Cool , I'm going to do some xml editing then while I wait on dpad release. I didn't get a readme file, except in the weather icons folder, but the xml documentation is easy to understand. Also, when you enable dpad support, will you also disable the other keys?

S

SevenRains

Cool , I'm going to do some xml editing then while I wait on dpad release. I didn't get a readme file, except in the weather icons folder, but the xml documentation is easy to understand. Also, when you enable dpad support, will you also disable the other keys?

I'll disable the other keys too. It will be a testing release since I've implemented full screen caller ID today and I'm still testing them both.

S

SevenRains

Any chance I could look at your implementation of Caller ID (the code)? I've tried doing it before, but the WM window always pops up!

Indeed, the damn Phone - Incoming window will always pop-up unless you intercept and delete the notification messages from the notification queue. It pops up on S2U2 too for a little while.

However, I went around it using FindWindow and hiding it when it pops up. I'll see how the new additions work out with everybody and then I'll release the sourcecode for 0.3. Look for FindWindow / ShowWindow p/invoke functions. They're both in coredll.dll. Then you just need to idle around (i used a blocking thread) till it shows up, then hide it using ShowWindow(handle, 0).

Last edited:

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
Indeed, the damn Phone - Incoming window will always pop-up unless you intercept and delete the notification messages from the notification queue. It pops up on S2U2 too for a little while.

However, I went around it using FindWindow and hiding it when it pops up. I'll see how the new additions work out with everybody and then I'll release the sourcecode for 0.3. Look for FindWindow / ShowWindow p/invoke functions. They're both in coredll.dll. Then you just need to idle around (i used a blocking thread) till it shows up, then hide it using ShowWindow(handle, 0).
0.3 is working well for me! :)

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it!

S

SevenRains

New version available. This one supports callerID due to the demand. Sunscape will use the photo associated with the contact or an unknown-default picture in case the contact doesn't have a picture. Text formatting is also available: you can set what Sunscape will show in case of an incoming call (first name, last name, number etc...). Please refer to Sunscape.xml for the changes. Also DPAD-Right unlocking is added too. Initial post updated!

P.S. Sorry showaco, I'll add blocking of other keys tomorrow or so... It's damn late here! :p

l3v5y

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 13, 2007
Bristol
New version available. This one supports callerID due to the demand. Sunscape will use the photo associated with the contact or an unknown-default picture in case the contact doesn't have a picture. Text formatting is also available: you can set what Sunscape will show in case of an incoming call (first name, last name, number etc...). Please refer to Sunscape.xml for the changes. Initial post updated!
A victory for peer pressure!

Thanks! I shall try it out now! :)

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
Thanks for getting that out quick. I just installed the latest, but the dpad still doesn't work for me, is it possible smartphone and ppc dpads are different? Anyway, get you some sleep and hopefully you will be able to add the support for smartphones, if not, its still a great app you have.:D

S

SevenRains

Thanks for getting that out quick. I just installed the latest, but the dpad still doesn't work for me, is it possible smartphone and ppc dpads are different? Anyway, get you some sleep and hopefully you will be able to add the support for smartphones, if not, its still a great app you have.:D

Hmm. Not really. They're mapped to Windows.Forms.Right... Maybe keep the right key pressed a little bit longer? It takes a little while... I'll speed it up a bit.

S

SevenRains

Moon eclipse outside, right about NOW! :p Let your ppc's be and go take a look! :D In case you're in Europe or the likes...

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
Hmm. Not really. They're mapped to Windows.Forms.Right... Maybe keep the right key pressed a little bit longer? It takes a little while... I'll speed it up a bit.

Haha, you're correct :D, I was expecting the status bar to appear quicker, my bad. Works good now, unlocked perfect. But I agree with speeding it up, it took me around 10 seconds to unlock, I would think about 3 might be better. I'm loving this though. Where you at bro? I don't think I have a lunar eclipse going on here right now (waco, texas, usa). lol Have a good one and thanks for your work on this.

S

SevenRains

New release to fix the nightly bugs (callerID not showing, only picture), increased unlock speed with DPAD per request, removed some useless code. Initial post updated!

S

SevenRains

Haha, you're correct :D, I was expecting the status bar to appear quicker, my bad. Works good now, unlocked perfect. But I agree with speeding it up, it took me around 10 seconds to unlock, I would think about 3 might be better. I'm loving this though. Where you at bro? I don't think I have a lunar eclipse going on here right now (waco, texas, usa). lol Have a good one and thanks for your work on this.

There you go :D Speed increased. Romania here, Europe... The other end of the world. lol Anyways cheers! Glad you like it... Next thing to do is lock all keys. Humm... This is going to be nasty...

S

SevenRains

whats up guys? i've update my theme to work with v0.3, you can get it here

P.S. how do you disable the caller id function?

Heya master athlon! Nice to have you back... Once I release 0.3 on sourceforge I'll add it along with it.

To disable callerID set in Sunscape.xml phone/enabled to false.

Working on Sunscape a little, preparing it for lock on wake-up but with a little twist of my own... ;)

Edit: Sheesh! That theme looks both cool and evil! lol

Last edited:

master athlon

Dec 24, 2007
haha, glad you like the theme!

Sunscape's coming along very nicely Seven, keep at it :) looking forward to what you have planned in your next release

btw, the reason i wanted to disable caller id is b/c everytime i get a call i have to press the answer key twice and the windows caller id still pops up right before Suncape. but it is a very nice feature to have.

bluejay

Jun 8, 2006
Vienna
solution found

Unfortunately yes, it seems you've done everything correct: install to main memory and .net at least 2.0. I've compiled a debug version available here. Could you please tell me what the error is?

Things to check: Did Sunscape get installed in Program Files\Sunscape? You should have Sunscape.xml, Sunscape Lock.exe, Sunscape Unlock.exe and Sunscape.exe in that folder besides the image files in img

Problem was the installation path. On german systems the app is installed into programme/sunscape
I moved the sunscape folder to a new folder called program files and the app works. Of course i had to correct all the -lnk files too.