[Resolved] WKtask on WM6.5: Start menu close issue

Search This thread

twolf

Mar 5, 2006
LX
twolf.sytes.net
Did anyone found a fix or work-around to the closing of the wm6.5 start menu with wktask?

I'm using the TODAY shortcut myself, because if we close it on wktask... it remains closed until a reset is done.

I want to add it to the exception list, buts is not a EXE file.
Thanks.

----EDIT----

Solution by kane159 on post #21:
wktask_screen.png

just add this EXE to the exclusion list:
\windows\shell32.exe

Last edited:

sergitec

Dec 9, 2006
S.M.Feira
Did anyone found a fix or work-around to the closing of the wm6.5 start menu with wktask?

I'm using the TODAY shortcut myself, because if we close it on wktask... it remains closed until a reset is done.

Thanks.

I have this problem to with wktask or other programs to close a program!
But using Quick Menu to close the programs work´s fine and dont mess whith the start menu!

joel2009

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 9, 2007
Oklahoma

Thanks.
i dont think i can help to much... but if its not an exe do you know what it is? i dont think it is built into task bar...... i think i read somewhere someone said it WAS an exe..... could be mistaken though

incubus26jc

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2009
Illinois
a workaround

if you set the ok/x button to minimize when tapping in the wktask options and use htc task manager in the options to close with x button when tapping, it will work like you want it to.

twolf

Mar 5, 2006
LX
twolf.sytes.net
Nop, doesnt work... Works fine on close, but on "OK" (like in the settings) it minimizes and never accepts the new changes.

I can still add a new action on WKTask to close on drag (and so accept the OK button), but thats even harder to use than the simple press on today to close the start menu. :/

sergitec

Dec 9, 2006
S.M.Feira
In my case I use the Quick Menu to close the programs, such as Task Manager, but when you click on the Quick Menu screen appears but the set up to load the key on the phone and open the Start Menu of Windows!
I use a P3600 (trinity)
Translated by Google!

Como és português:
No meu caso eu estou a usar o Quick Menu para fechar os programas, como Task Manager, e sim quando se carrega no ecrã aparece o Quick Menu mas da para configurar para carregar na tecla do telefone e abrir o Start Menu do Windows!
O meu pda é um P3600 (trinity)

twolf

Mar 5, 2006
LX
twolf.sytes.net
Thanks, but I got confused on both languages, lol...

So, if I understood correcly, you use the default start menu on simple press, but you press and hold so that quickmenu appears to close the open applications in its task manager option?

twolf

Mar 5, 2006
LX
twolf.sytes.net
After some coffe I finally understood...lol.
You use quickmenu and have a hardware button to open the default start menu. :)

I still find my work-around easier, would prefer a real fix, of course. :/

Last edited:

savior02

Apr 9, 2007
im having trouble making the taskbar transparent, for when u use a picture photo as wallpaper 6.5 makes the taskbar transparent.tried all the custom colors but didnt work..any ideas?

twolf

Mar 5, 2006
LX
twolf.sytes.net
As far as I know the program has no way of doing that, remenber that it was made long before WM6.5... :(
Maybe they will add that option on a future version.

The best I got was choosing the colors as close as possible to the theme's colors.

corepda

Aug 4, 2007
California
with wktask getting problem with the new graphics of WM 6.5, I am force to leave it for HTC task manager. Anyone faced problem with tab not getting similar backgrounds & thus giving ugly looks. Would appreciate if someone comes out his or her experience.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just add exclusion list
    \windows\shell32.exe
    it will be grate........