[.netCF 3.5] Sense Interface SDK v1.50 (03.19.2011) [HTC's Sense UI Look 'n Feel]

Search This thread

matiq

Oct 14, 2009
Presov
Hi guys,
I am very frustrated with unspecified error - COMException...

Code:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException was unhandled
  Message="Unspecified error "
  ErrorCode=-2147467259
  StackTrace:
       at StedySoft.SenseSDK.SensePanelItem._getImageSize()
       at StedySoft.SenseSDK.SensePanelItem.OnRender(Graphics g)
       at StedySoft.SenseSDK.SenseListControl._renderGraphics()
       at StedySoft.SenseSDK.SenseListControl.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
       at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPtr hwnMain)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm)
       at Restaurant.Program.Main()

Can somebody tell me where is the problem? Or any ideas how to fix it....

Thanks!

Maverik82

Aug 17, 2009
how can set backcolor dark same sense to header and list control

i can try in load and paint event form

sense.BackColor = Color.Red;
but not work

why?

BigMani

Oct 14, 2009
www.seelisoft.net
hi all

first, I want to thank eboelzner for this really great SDK! thanks very much for your effort.

I have a little issue with the SenseTextboxControl control.
I own an Samsung Omnia II. this device has per default a dark windows theme: the background system color is black and the font system color is white.

this has now the result, that the text in the SenseTextboxControl is not readable as it is white text on white background. when I mark the word, I'm able to read it.

I tried to change the BackColor and ForeColor properties on the control, but it has no effect.

would it be possible to have this fixed in the next version (either take color of ForeColor or use hartcoded black instead of system forecolor)?
thanks!

BigMani

Oct 14, 2009
www.seelisoft.net
feature request: it would be nice to have buttons with variable height and with icons.

I understand when you, eboelzner, have no time/motivation to improve it as windows mobile 6.5 has no future.
So it would be very nice when you publish the source code that other may improve it (maybe unter a specific license to avoid comercial using).

Nixeus

Sep 14, 2007
Hello and thanks a lot for this new release :)

I would lilke to know what i don't see my contrôls properly on the form conceptor ?

I only see the contour of the control.

Any idea please ?

Thanks a lot :)

regards,

Nixeus

Nixeus

Sep 14, 2007
Hello my friend,

I have a second problem.

I have created a form with two SenseSDKButtons.
When i click on the first button, i load a second form, when my second form appear i can see a part of the first form's button.

I have try with "this.refresh()" in order to refresh my form -> Same problem.
I have try with "this.hide()" ( for the First form, before loading the Second Form) -> Same problem.

I don't understand why.

How can i solve this problem please ?

Thanks a lot for your helps,

Regards,

Nixeus

Last edited:

dhruwal

Jul 3, 2010
My best guess is possibly the first form is not getting unload properly and leaving its controls still on focused.
make sure you unload the form and if the button was created by code, then you need to destroy its object as well before loading a new form.

Nixeus

Sep 14, 2007
Thanks for your answer !
I have solved the problem with an other solution : Using standard Label controle instaed of the SenseLabel ! No problem with this ! Hope wi will having news from a new version of this fabulous SDK ! :)

Skrobel

Jan 14, 2010
Piaseczno
Guys I want to ask for your help.

I'm trying to switch my SettingsExporter from standard NetCF controls to Sense SDK's ones. The application UI is very easy. Main form of the program (with 2 buttons and 3 checkboxes) and 2 other forms, even simplier.

I thought I just add identical controls to the forms and copy the code into the controls' handlers. It took me a while before I learned how to add controls to the form, but I finally got it.

Now I have a problem that some functions triggered by the Sense controls throw some exceptions. Example:

In the main form I have a following code to show an "About window":

Code:
        private void menuAbout_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            using (frmAbout fa = new frmAbout())
            {
                fa.ShowDialog();
            }
        }

Then in the frmAbout I have only one label, one locked text box and one button "OK". In this button I have only:

Code:
        private void ButtonSense1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            this.Close();
        }

When I put the code in the normal NetCF button the form closes, and the parent form appears. But when I put the same code into ButtonSense1 it gives me ObjectDisposedException in a place where I call the fa.ShowDialog(); - this looks like the frmMain would be disposed, but I don't see how it could happen. And why it works fine when I use normal button control?

Here's the error's stack trace:
w Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr(PAL_ERROR ar)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.get__ClientSize()
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_ClientSize()
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_ClientRectangle()
w StedySoft.SenseSDK.SenseButtonControl.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
w Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterModalDialog(IntPtr hwnModal)
w System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog()
w SettingsExporter.frmMain.menuAbout_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
w System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
w System.Windows.Forms.Menu.ProcessMnuProc(Control ctlThis, WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
w System.Windows.Forms.Form.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
w Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPtr hwnMain)
w System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm)
w SettingsExporter.Program.Main()

Do I need to do anything special to use the SenseSDK (besides of making references to the SenseSDK libraries OFC)?

Skrobel

Jan 14, 2010
Piaseczno
I see that most of the Windows Mobile developers have moved somewhere else, but I wan't to try my luck and as further questions.

After experiencing problems mentioned in previous post I decided to rewrite my app from scratch starting with the Sense GUI. And at last I understood how to add and work with the single controls on the form. Now my first question comes to mind:

- Is there any other way to make the form scrollable kinetically not by scroll bars than to add controlls to the Sense list control?

Second question is about the controls themselves. Is there any more convinient way to show the SaveFile and LoadFile dialog? I've found post from rublopez but the controls are not very convinient for users. First of all they demand to accept the choice bu pressing standard Windows OK button in the right top corner (assuming that I use WM6.5, not 6.5.x) and secondly I can't force the code to make it possible to open the FileDialogs in other folders than root folder. I've found the variable which stays behind it but my changes do not work.
On the other hand I've seen that other developers use another solutions (for instance serfer222 in his UC_NET ChooseFolder dialog where each folder looks like panel item with subitems. And johncmolyneux in his CHT Editor used yet another looking file "explorer". Are all these custom file dialogs made by that developers or they're available somewhere around here?

I would like to be able to open the SaveFile dialog in a desired folder, not to force the user to browse to that folder every time...

smile_nik

Feb 3, 2006
Feature request

great work eboelzner - the controls look very good
i have few feature suggestions that will help me and other developers
- add UP/DOWN and THUMB buttons to the List control
or just make the scroll position indicator with the adjustable size and make him behave as a thumb control in a normal list

and something else i believe ill be appreciated from all developers here - a function/features list with 5-10 words description.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry for the delay getting this update to you guys... have been VERY busy, but here ya go... Version 1.5!!!

Lot's of bug fixes, and some new features too!!

In the ROM that I cook for the Imagio, I have replaced this version for RSS Tab, Facebook Tab, and Cookie Home Tab Editor... with no issues, actually fixes a bug in CHTEditor 2.0!!!!!

Take care... Ed
    i'm still having issue with my toolbox doesn't show up the controls when creating .net 3.5 project. how to solve this?

The toolbox does not work with this SDK, it is a known problem. Once you've got through a few examples the toolbox isn't quite as important.
    COM Exception

Hey there eboelzner!

First of all, congratulations for this SDK, it's quite cool.
    Thank you for contributing this.

I'm in the creation of my first app with it, but encountered a problem,
    perhaps with the thumbnails. If I add thumbnails to the items, I got an

Unhandled COM exception

Code:
       at StedySoft.SenseSDK.SensePanelItem._getImageSize()
       at StedySoft.SenseSDK.SensePanelItem.OnRender(Graphics g)
       at StedySoft.SenseSDK.SenseListControl._renderGraphics()
       at StedySoft.SenseSDK.SenseListControl.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
       at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPtr hwnMain)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm)
       at NewsPaperReporter.Program.Main()

Any ideas? If I remove the thumbnails, the problem is gone, but I want to use the thumbnails because it's much more impressive with them :)

I'm using the 1.39 version.

Another question. How can I apply the theme you posted?

Thanks in advance, regards,

Rico from Hungary.
    I fill a Panel with filenames and by clicking on a panel item I want to open the file, the problem is that I can't send any variables to the EventHandler function.

Code:
    for (int i = 1; i <= 7; i++)
    {
                    MyPanelItem1 itm = new MyPanelItem1();

// base properties
                    itm.ButtonAnimation = true;
                    itm.Name = "PanelItem" + i.ToString("0#");
                    itm.ShowSeparator = true;

// MyPanelItem1 properties
                    switch (i) {
                        case 1:
                            itm.Thumbnail = iimg;
                            itm.PrimaryText = string.Format("Primary Text for '{0}'", itm.Name);
                            itm.SecondaryText = string.Format("This is the Secondary Text for '{0}'", itm.Name);
                            break;

... etc.
                    }
                    itm.OnClick += new MyPanelItem1.ClickEventHandler(OnClickGeneric);

this.senseListCtrl.AddItem(itm);

void OnClickGeneric(object sender)
    {
         // Here is my Code - I want to get the "on-clicked" Filename
    }

if for example you put in PrimaryText the filename you can replace your function OnClickGeneric with this:

Code:
    void OnClickGeneric(object Sender)
    {
    MyPanelItem1  itm = (Sender as MyPanelItem1 );
    // itm.PrimaryText <- This is your FileName.
    }
    It's not possible my friend !
    This SDK is designed for c# with framework.Net 3.5 !