[DER KERNEL] Trinity for TMO Note3 MI7

Search This thread

bekarhoo

Dec 17, 2010
Reactions: itsmikeramsay

slice2011

Sep 20, 2011
Chandler, AZ
Not to rain on OP, since he/she called out for source in another thread. The XDA kernel distribution rules require proper link to commit history (like github). Not that I care, just wanted to point that out ;)

This is what I took out of "XDA-Developers and the GPL"

1. By posting your work on XDA-Developers, you are agreeing that it complies with relevant licensing conditions. As such, by posting a kernel or other work containing GPL code, you are confirming to us that you have made this source code available publicly under the GPL, and should highlight this in your thread with a link.

***Although it provides this statement (Plenty of respected and trusted sites will host the code for you free of charge, such as GitHub and BitBucket.) it does not state you need to use if you make available the source code and link in the thread if I understood that correctly.

In order to be fully GPL compliant, your sources must:

Successfully build and produce a valid output file, which is the same format as provided in the binary
Contain all source code, interface definition files, scripts used to control compilation and installation of the executable (it is not required to include the actual compiler/toolchain, but sufficient information should be made available to obtain the SAME configuration, including compiler flags, as used to build the binary version as released)

is that not correct?

Guess doesn't want to post git due to what was posted earlier when the same question was asked and answered with "Not gonna feed the kangers and git harvesters." and morfic also responded that source was available.

Last edited:

morfic

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 3, 2008
San Antonio
www.derkernel.com
This is what I took out of "XDA-Developers and the GPL"

1. By posting your work on XDA-Developers, you are agreeing that it complies with relevant licensing conditions. As such, by posting a kernel or other work containing GPL code, you are confirming to us that you have made this source code available publicly under the GPL, and should highlight this in your thread with a link.

***Although it provides this statement (Plenty of respected and trusted sites will host the code for you free of charge, such as GitHub and BitBucket.) it does not state you need to use if you make available the source code and link in the thread if I understood that correctly.

In order to be fully GPL compliant, your sources must:

Successfully build and produce a valid output file, which is the same format as provided in the binary
Contain all source code, interface definition files, scripts used to control compilation and installation of the executable (it is not required to include the actual compiler/toolchain, but sufficient information should be made available to obtain the SAME configuration, including compiler flags, as used to build the binary version as released)

is that not correct?

Seems you are referring this this document: http://goo.gl/81hDbk which was referenced by xda staff as recent as July 2013 http://goo.gl/cflt1H ?

That's the xda gpl rules i follow.

otisman

May 12, 2012
Hey morfic do you have in the plans to be able to adjust off screen max feq kernel running great as expected

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

otisman

May 12, 2012
Yah but your doing this for us to use so when you feel fit and have time was just wondering it does wonders for batt life! Much alohas Rob

Reactions: slice2011

kepapas

May 21, 2012
Noooooo I should of kept my note3

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

raw2000j

Aug 3, 2007
I just noticed while using es explored and solid explorer couldnt delete backups or some other files but installed saber and I can delete agsin

slice2011

Sep 20, 2011
Chandler, AZ
Morfic, running this the last few days, this thing is a beast, awesome job:thumbup: very smooth, running it at 25, deadline 256 and hella snappy. Noticed on some others that after several hours of using heavily they start to lag. Awesome job, Good to see a couple good devs bringing us some awesome work to our n3.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384445829976.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384445829976.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 323
Reactions: seansc144

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kernel: B48 http://goo.gl/veDWs6

Source: B48 http://goo.gl/08ZWqi

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Featuring:
    • Build optimizations
    • Performance through research
    • Removed wasteful debugging
    • Scheduler, Governor tweaks
    • gcc4.8 built
    • Up to 2726MHz and boots up @ 2.26GHz, stock clock
    • fsync control (by ezekeel)
    • exfat (fixed Samsung's Makefile breakage)
    • SELinux permissive
    • Samsung root restriction removed
    • Bullshît Free (Not pushing buzzwords to drop them later like others)

This is an early build, developed blind by having a tester run it and give feedback, since i have no device to test this on, this kernel is not (yet?) supported by my app, so if you own it, refrain from using it for now.

If you don't have wifi, edit your build.prop, change secure storage from true to false and you will have wifi.

i will update this as i have time for it.

Yes, there is a lot that can be done still, but doing it remotely, things take time ;)

http://goo.gl/O0KEme init.qcom.post_boot.sh to try in case yours is causing problems
    Trinity Kernel Toolbox v1.9.50 now officially supports TMO Note3, update once it appears in market.
    Make sure not to use it along side other cpu apps, surefire way to cause issues.
    CPU control, voltage control and manual core control now all work for note3.
    Displays PVS as well, as little reminder.
    I'm halfway done setting up arch linux, looks like my mkbootimg_dtb was another one than what i found now, funny when even simple things like lzop or scp aren't installed yet.
    Sucks i lost a few things in the process.
    It runs quite well as is i think, but i think it could run better with a little bit of healthy convincing.
    I'll be building 4.4 kernels when i actually flash 4.4 on my note3 :) and without a 4.4 tweakedn3, i won't be flashing 4.4, tweaked or bust
    I'm not into building for leaks.
    About the question why not many Rom devs are here, I have my theory:

Note 3 owners don't drink the koolaid that "aosp" (aka cm) automatically means an improved user experience.

CM on my note 2 never fully worked, and you lose the s-pen integration, which you can't replace with a market app, as usually suggested by cm Fanbois.
    I think your lack of koolaid consumption keeps misty away.
    If I had a note 3, I wouldn't break it with cm either, I would run Tweaked Rom by withere2.
    Keeping my value added features of the stock firmware while getting the essential UI additions.
    How anyone can cry about the wasted memory on a note 3 when aosp just gives you wasted unused memory is beyond me.
    With everyone just wanting to rape gits these days, not enough kept up actually coding in smali, further limiting your choices.

That's what I think, people know there is value lost on a note if you ditch TW and that's limiting your choices.
    Hey - nice to see you 'round these parts :) Much appreciated on the blind work and all - epic level pita I'm sure!

Anyhoo, apparently I'm just doing my part to clutter up threads with non-development stuff...
    #stifleon