[RECOVERY][MOD][1-June-2012] RA-supersonic-v4.3-smelkusMOD

Search This thread

shinesthru

Apr 21, 2011
St. Paul, MN
In the grand scheme of life, this is just some geeky mod for what is a dinosaur (albeit a workhorse) of a phone.

That being said, I hope you are as proud as we all are of the work you have done. You have truly left your mark on this community. You have been not only an invaluable developer, but knowledgeable and humble to boot. Cheers!

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: smelkus

ropodope

Feb 1, 2011
Floor Me
Smelkus is the best and i'm proud to call him a friend of mine. In no time he took the best recovery for the evOG and made it the very best that anyone had ever known. So much so that he was publicly endorsed by the great amonRA himself. His mark will always be long standing in this community well past the day that the evOG will no longer be in use. Now that is saying something.

ropodope

What did the five fingers say to the face? Sa la ppa.

cbucz24

Jan 31, 2011
Central Florida
So I've been looking around but I can't seem to find out how to get a logcat while in recovery. Everything I've seen so far says the recovery itself has to have it.
I'm trying to grab an ADB while in recovery, it seems as though something is failing during installation but it completes and says its fine ??

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

smelkus

Nov 19, 2011
Recovery creates a log for your current session. Just go to the Other menu and move it to sd card before rebooting. The log will be on the root of your sd card.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Bundles456

Aug 25, 2011
dxadrc

31211465945-orig.png

Which link do I use? What info do you need to help me?

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I get bootmagic fail on my HTC EVO.

I unlocked using HTC Dev
HBOOT: 2.18.0001
Radio: 2.15.00.12.19
Supersonic EVT2-3 SHIP S-ON

Any recommendations?
Recommendations for what?

You haven't told us anything. What were you trying to do? What method did you use to do it? What steps did you follow? How did you try to troubleshoot? Have you searched for similar issues?

Sometimes I just wonder how people expect us to be able to help when they don't give us any information.

P.S. What's "bootmagic?"

Rammv

Oct 18, 2011
Hey what are you doing in here ! You have a rom to finish no time playing around in other sites!!!!!!!! Get back to work ! LOL!!!!!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description
    This is an Amon Ra style custom recovery based on drellisdee's (aka getitnowmarketing) source with a few changes added by me.

The "nandroid" script includes code to auto-reboot your phone upon completing a backup, which could be especially useful after a long, compressed backup, but it's never been an option in the UI. I wanted this feature to be included in the backup and restore menus simply for convenience, i.e. restore a nandroid before going to bed so the phone is ready for you in the morning, make a backup while you're mowing the yard so the phone is ready for you when you come inside, etc.

Accordingly, I modified nandroid-mobile.sh to include autoreboot on restore and modified and built a new recovery binary to offer autoreboot in the backup and restore menus. While tinkering with it, I decided to modify the font color and background graphics. Themes and features explained below.

Change Log

Code:
    v4.3 - Add Get Current ROM Version to Other menu
    Add initial dalvik wipe to Superwipe to ICS and AOKP themes from v4.2.1

v4.2.1 - Very minor
    Update mason theme to new logo
    Add initial dalvik wipe to Superwipe (forgot it on v4.2)

v4.2 - Add Roboto font (from CEnnis91)
    Reorganize and clarify wipe menu, add Calkulin's Clear Temp (wipe Temp Files in recovery) and Superwipe
    Center main recovery screen header and switch to all caps

v4.1 - Added two new choices to the top of the wipe menu:
    Combined cache & dalvik wipe
    Combined boot, cache, data, system (aka Calkulin's FORMAT ALL) wipe
    Changed auto-reboot message from "Rebooting recovery..." to "Rebooting phone..."

v4.0.1 - Fixed symlinks  to dump_image and flash_image, which should correct any restore issues from v4.0 (thanks drellisdee)
    Modified nandroid-mobile.sh and extracommands.c to allow recovery to handle autoreboot versus the script (thanks drellisdee)
    Added message and three second delay before autorebooting (thanks drellisdee)

Features
    All features from v3.11 + autoreboot + improved wiping options + roboto

Known Issues
    None at this time

Important Notes
    1. To autoreboot, just select that option along with your other backup/restore choices and run as normal. Upon completion, you will see a reboot message along with a three second delay before rebooting.

2. The AOKP theme is just that-- a themed recovery-- not officially endorsed/supported by the AOKP team so please don’t bother them with anything related to this recovery.

3. Compatible with nandroids made under previous versions of Amon Ra (and probably CWM... dunno, never use it. Someone else that tries- Chime in!)

Download
    All versions available here:
    http://d-h.st/users/smelkus/?fld_id=5397#files

Latest versions mirrored here:
    http://goo.im/devs/smelkus

Install
    Using fastboot (using .img)
    fastboot flash recovery /path/to/<recoveryname>.img

Using bootloader (using .zip)
    Rename file to 'PC36IMG.zip' and place on root of sd card, reboot to bootloader, allow bootloader to scan, volume up to accept update

Special Thanks/Credits
    drellisdee (HUGE help- thanks! <-- buy him an energy drink)
    Amon_RA (Donate link)
    pensive
    Koush
    Cyanogen
    Brainaid and infernix
    CEnnis91
    Ropodope for testing
    Awesome!

Great job, love the new wipe menu.
    Thought I'd mention, I'm no longer working on this recovery (if you couldn't tell ;) ). The base is pretty dated now and beyond my ability to bring to new devices. TWRP is an awesome recovery, so I'd look for that on your new phones and tablets. Zip queues are sweet and while there is no auto-reboot it's not that big of a deal since it backs ups and restores so fast. You can check them out here or in your respective device forum. I really appreciate everyone who liked this recovery. I went from bugging drellisdee to learning how to make it on my own and that was a really great experience.

Right now, I'm trying to pitch in on ParanoidAndroid for the Nexus 7 when possible and hope to upgrade my phone soon (waiting for my contract to expire late November and for what Google has to say on 10/29). Thanks again everybody!
    So wanted to come by slap your thanks for my daily limit and personally say thanks for this awesome recovery. Its such a time saver and piece of art man. Great job.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

Thanks for the compliments. Just cracked 4,000 downloads today for all versions and themes. Not bad for a recovery!
    There IS no better recovery than this for the evo. No way, no how. It's a pleasure to have this on my phone bro. Thanks for letting me test it. All of the greatness of amonra and so much more. Now xda members get it! Even better.

ropodope

Change, nothin' stays the same. Unchained, and ya hit the ground runnin'.