ZTE V970 (MT6577) Jelly Bean!

Search This thread

stcosmin

Jan 13, 2011
Thank you!

I have installed the stock version from this thread and everything is working perfect, even the internal memory of the phone (those about 2 gigs). For this I had to wipe cache, data, dalvik, everything...

Thank you for the share!

Jebusura

Feb 15, 2013
I have installed the stock version from this thread and everything is working perfect, even the internal memory of the phone (those about 2 gigs). For this I had to wipe cache, data, dalvik, everything...

Thank you for the share!

That's great to hear! And your welcome. You should also take a look at bgcngm new ROM for Jelly Bean!

HERE!

_Almirante_

Feb 22, 2013
Unrecognized SD card

That's great to hear! And your welcome. You should also take a look at bgcngm new ROM for Jelly Bean!

HERE!

Tested the new JB ROM and is working like magic! But I have a "little" problem... My SD card is not recognized by the phone after I joined the internal memory with the internal SD card... Anyone knows how to solve it?

The SD card is recognized in the recovery and by the PC

_Almirante_

Feb 22, 2013
SD card fix

Tested the new JB ROM and is working like magic! But I have a "little" problem... My SD card is not recognized by the phone after I joined the internal memory with the internal SD card... Anyone knows how to solve it?

The SD card is recognized in the recovery and by the PC

Talked to Bruno and he told me to reinstal JB, and its PERFECT!

Jebusura

Feb 15, 2013
You really don't know what you're missing. :D

I agree, you really should give this latest ROM a try, it's very stable and so much better to use than stock. I went back to stock last week to run some tests and it just felt hollow compared to the latest update from Bruno!

I push my phone to the limit and mess around a lot with settings but I haven't had any problems at all. You will never know until you try :good:

azvd

Mar 18, 2013
:confused:
I agree, you really should give this latest ROM a try, it's very stable and so much better to use than stock. I went back to stock last week to run some tests and it just felt hollow compared to the latest update from Bruno!

I push my phone to the limit and mess around a lot with settings but I haven't had any problems at all. You will never know until you try :good:

Hi, I just received a brand new zte v970, I had previously decided to upgrade to bruno V4.1 rom, but now I'm reading about poor battery performace in this Rom.
Question is this issue real comparing 4.0.4 to 4.1? What is the difference? Does it last one day "average"?

Users with "lewa" rom are not complaining about battery issues, but it seems to me incomplete compared to bruno work, is there a reason for it to perform better in battery?

I would like to install a rom without the chinese crap, but I don't want to continuously flash the device, I've had that experience in the past with Ainol Novo7 Advanced...So will apreciate your help in deciding the rom to install.

Last edited:

azvd

Mar 18, 2013
:confused:

Hi, I just received a brand new zte v970, I had previously decided to upgrade to bruno V4.1 rom, but now I'm reading about poor battery performace in this Rom.
Question is this issue real comparing 4.0.4 to 4.1? What is the difference? Does it last one day "average"?

Users with "lewa" rom are not complaining about battery issues, but it seems to me incomplete compared to bruno work, is there a reason for it to perform better in battery?

I would like to install a rom without the chinese crap, but I don't want to continuously flash the device, I've had that experience in the past with Ainol Novo7 Advanced...So will apreciate your help in deciding the rom to install.

Well... I was not able to wait and have installed the latest bruno release. Software is working great, I'm used to a Nexus7 with JB and is seems as smooth.

Battery... my concerns were right, in 2h and 1/2 it droped from 70% to 26%... with 57 min of calls.. will full charge sometimes, and then review again.

Any one can help with battery performance on JB?

THANKS OP, I'M NOT ABLE TO REPLY, I believe this thread as moved to "development" and because I'm below 10 posts, I cannot reply.

Last edited:

Jebusura

Feb 15, 2013
Well... I was not able to wait and have installed the latest bruno release. Software is working great, I'm used to a Nexus7 with JB and is seems as smooth.

Battery... my concerns were right, in 2h and 1/2 it droped from 70% to 26%... with 57 min of calls.. will full charge sometimes, and then review again.

Any one can help with battery performance on JB?

This is most strange! I am running the same ROM and have made calls throughout a full working day that exceed 60 minutes in total + constant wifi use plus some GPS useage and I usually have not less than 15% battery life remaining.

I would suggest trying out Bruno's 4.0 V3.1MOD (27-12-2012) ROM and seeing if you still have the same problem with battery life.

I understand that you don't want to keep installing a new ROM everyday but the thing is no one can fix a problem if we can't narrow down the actual problem. If you could confirm that the problem is not present in 4.0 V3.1MOD then I know I wont be wasting any time looking into the latest JB release for potential problems.

Reactions: azvd

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
A small detail is that the ROM is being advertised as being based on Android 4.1.2 but it is not. I have checked several apk's and those were all the ones found on stock 4.1.1 ROM. I wonder what's the idea...

Last edited:

mite_jan

Aug 24, 2011
Macedonia
A small detail is that the ROM is being advertised as being based on Android 4.1.2 but it is not. I have checked several apk's and those were all the ones found on stock 4.1.1 ROM. I wonder what's the idea...

no idea too
only small number of people know about this rom (russians) , he is only posting his updates on 4pda.ru and forum.china-iphone.ru
at first i thought you were that guy and saw some of your posts there but then i saw it was another user vitrib
is he copying your rom or working alone

i am reading that there is a issue with brightness , call logs doesn't save , and some problem with payed apps from market (are these issues present in your rom ?)
maybe there are some fixes that can be included in your rom
check it out

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts