FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Password recovery?

38 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By lenknermj, Member on 17th April 2008, 07:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Not sure if this is the right place, but I saw "Hacking" and thought "This must be it."

Anyway, I just fixed a Herald (TMobile Wing) with a broken LCD - now that I can see it again, it's saying that there's a password on it. The owner (my wife's friend) doesn't remember it, and has pictures on the phone of her kid that she would REALLY like to avoid losing if possible.

Is there any way to recover the password on these things? Obviously, a hard reset is not going to be good, since that'll destroy everything. I just need to find a way to get her back in so she can get her pics and address book off of the phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...if this is the wrong forum, please let me know and I'll move my post.

Thanks!
- M
17th April 2008, 07:57 PM |#2  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 42

Donate to Me
More
As far as I can remember, a password won't lock down active sync connections so you could use active sync, copy all the files across and then hard reset.

Or possibly, set up a little application that copies all the files from My Documents to a storage card where they can be read by something else.
17th April 2008, 08:03 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3v5y

As far as I can remember, a password won't lock down active sync connections so you could use active sync, copy all the files across and then hard reset.

Or possibly, set up a little application that copies all the files from My Documents to a storage card where they can be read by something else.

Unfortunately, ActiveSync is warning me "Your device is currently locked. To connect to or synchronize with this PC, please unlock your device."

I cant get into the phone at all....I think all I might be able to do is make an 'emergency call'.....

Thanks for the reply, though...I appreciate it!
- M
17th April 2008, 08:15 PM |#4  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Bristol

Donate to Me
More
Does the device have a storage card?
17th April 2008, 08:16 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Does the device have a storage card?

No - I have one I can use, though - it's just never been IN the phone before....
17th April 2008, 08:27 PM |#6  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Bristol

Donate to Me
More
My idea is to use a program to copy all the files from the My Documents folder accross to a storage card. This should be possible because the program that watches for the storage card to be inserted can start a process that can then copy the files. I have seen a program that does the copying somewhere but I can't remember where...
17th April 2008, 08:37 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:

My idea is to use a program to copy all the files from the My Documents folder accross to a storage card. This should be possible because the program that watches for the storage card to be inserted can start a process that can then copy the files. I have seen a program that does the copying somewhere but I can't remember where...

I'll have a look for something along those lines - I'll post the answer here if I find it... (if anyone else knows of it, PLEASE post away!! lol)

Thanks again!!
- M
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)