Nokia Lumia 900 Screen Protectors

Search This thread

VizagDude

Jan 31, 2007
New York
Has anybody tried Ghost Armor?

http://www.ghost-armor.com/Nokia/786.html

I had this on my iPhone 4 and it was great. No 'orange peel' effect, and had a nice, smooth feel to it. Just have to find it in your area. The kiosk where I had them do it and my daughters ipad didn't take very long. Will be getting it for my 900 next weekend.

I had this installed on my wife's NL900 Cyan. I had the full body one installed. I must say, that it's definitely not for my Black one as it takes away the matt finish of the device shell and has the gloss finish.

The screen look fine though. It does maintain the clear black resolution.

Hope this helps.

aquanaut88

Aug 19, 2006
somewhere in the pacific
Phantom Feedback...

Phantom Screen protector: Going back 8 years, i've never run into a screen protector that has you apply it 'wet', then squeeze out the excess moisture like applying window tinting or window decals. Tested it first on my trusty HD7. Needs 2-4 hours before it dries and looks right. Then put on on the Lumia 900.

Granted, when it's finished it looks okay, but not great. I'm definitely going back to the hard 3M variety.

Cheers

22-40

Aug 1, 2010
Phantom Screen protector: Going back 8 years, i've never run into a screen protector that has you apply it 'wet', then squeeze out the excess moisture like applying window tinting or window decals. Tested it first on my trusty HD7. Needs 2-4 hours before it dries and looks right. Then put on on the Lumia 900.

Granted, when it's finished it looks okay, but not great. I'm definitely going back to the hard 3M variety.

Cheers

I installed the PhantomSkinz dry, and it came out pretty well.I'm happy with it, especially for the price.

I like the way the little ridge around the Lumia screen's glass gives an "edge" for the protector film to butt up to, and it also protects it from getting curled. And in return, the protector softens the edge, making the phone more comfortable when held to the ear.

I've never been a fan of protectors, but with this one on the Lumia I think I might be a little bit of a convert.

DavidC1980

May 28, 2009
Do the Skinomi Brushed sereis skins cover the top and bottom faces of the Lumia? I have a white handset but would like the black carbon fibre skin. However, if it doesnt cover the top and bottom I would be best off getting the white carbon.

kwill

Jun 15, 2006
Austin, TX
I ordered one of these as it's said to keep the screen as HD as possible with zero disturbance http://www.obostore.com/benks-magic...otective-film-for-nokia-lumia-900-p-6101.html. Anyone ever tried them? THey have a few nice cases I ordered also:D:D

So, looks like Obostore screwed up AGAIN! I received the case and there was no screen protector in the package. So, I emailed them to find out what happened. They stated it may have been lost and asked if I wanted a refund or package to be sent again. I opted to have it sent again as I want the DAMN screen protector! Today I got an email saying it was out of stock and they issued a refund! That's the second thing I've ordered from them only to find out later (once it even said the item was shipped) that the item is out of stock!

On another note, the Imak case I posted in conjuction about is awesome! And better than the other two cases I ordered.:D

JamesAllen

Mar 10, 2007
NJ
Clarivue

The Clarivue is amazing. They come 2 to a pack for about $12 and install with a dry method so there is no residue if you need to remove it. Once installed, it protects all of the screen qualities. I highly recommend it.

rbrsddn

Jul 20, 2008
The Clarivue is amazing. They come 2 to a pack for about $12 and install with a dry method so there is no residue if you need to remove it. Once installed, it protects all of the screen qualities. I highly recommend it.

Good to hear... I bought the Skinomi Carbon phone protector after ordering the clairvue's, and it came with a screen protector which isn't all that great. So I'm going to slap on one of the clairvues prety soon, and see how good it is.

EG8196

May 15, 2012

hx4700 Killer

Oct 19, 2007
Texas
I don't like its cutting.... too small

---------- Post added at 06:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

Going to order the Martin Field
http://www.martinfields.com/CA/MFOP-NokiaLumia900

Too small? Its within 1 mm of the edges of the phone on mine. It made it damn hard to install in fact. Had to be perfect or it would lay on the raised edges. The only place there is a lot of uncovered space is by the camera/light sensor at the top.

Pic:
WP_000471.jpg

Rare Earth

Oct 17, 2011
Somewhere Rural
I ordered a Clarivue screen protector but it has been a month and still has not arrived. I have sent them an email detailing the situation.

So I have since bought the Gadgetshieldz screen protector, primarily for the chrome protection on the back of the phone. I installed that today and it was fine and I have just installed the screen protector. Hopefully it will come out good. Hopefully.

htcuser69

Sep 16, 2007
i wan to change my screen protection because skinomi left a lot of orange peel, so i have question

is clarivue ultra clair cover frontal camera and sensor ?

thanks

apollo15rover

Jan 19, 2011
burbank, ca
Try Moshi

Gives the screen a beautiful matte look; finger races across the screen even better than glass; and no fingerprints or facegrease from using phone without a BT earpiece.

I'm loving it - got it from the AT&T store.

htcuser69

Sep 16, 2007
the problem with clarivue is that the top of camera/sensor are not covered and not very well cutted let some space on corner . :mad:

skinomi as e very good cut. i am going to try dry version

norgan

May 7, 2006
Sydney, AU
Look out for Funky Samarai brand. Fit well with cleanest install of any ive done. dry application no dust. Edges are slightly smaller than the bevel but looks neat and almost no discernible change in screen look. will try to post a pic at some point but I usually do not like screen protectors and this one actually has a chance at staying on permanently.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's the orange peel effect ?

"Orange peel effect" as seen on this Skinomi TechSkin, which is analagous to the Zagg (Zagg is allegedly uglier):

c5595d46f8ca9674bbf8.jpg

No "orange peel effect" on Brando UltraClear:

62b505d82c98e65fb8e4.jpg

Unfortunately, it looks like Brando hasn't put up an UltraClear for the Nokia Lumia 900 yet.
    When I got the UltraClear, as seen on the Focus S above, they didn't have one for the Focus S. Instead, I got one for the Galaxy S II, and cut off a bit around the edges because apparently the Galaxy S II, with the same screen size has a bigger bezel. Worked like a charm.

Not sure what you can do with Lumia 900 though.

tldr: the Brando UltraClear is by far the best screen protector I've owned, you might want to wait until they stock them (on brando.com) for the Lumia 900, but if you can't wait, then there are a number of ways you can cut other screen protectors to fit.
    I bought the Zagg Dry for my Lumia and really like the front cover. It does a good job of staying nearly invisible and still protecting the screen. The back cover however is different. It has a rough texture and honestly, if I hadnt paid for it I would take it off. It just ruins the look of the matte finish. But I dont have a case yet so I think I will leave it on for now
    I have two zaggs and I REALLY don't like the orange peel effect but the finger streaks are far better than the PET type plastic that use static adhesion to stay on.
    The other thing I don't like about Zagg type protectors is the finger adhesion is greater than the PET type.

I might give the brando a shot if they get one.

Right now I am just using a PET type I ordered from Amazon the same day I pre-ordered the phone.

Edit: Now that I have looked up brando and see its a "PET" type protector then I have to say my favorite of all time in those types are from Clarivue.com but they dont have the 900 up yet either.

Edit: Just heard back from Clarivue and they say ETA is next friday.
    Does it effect color quality that much? I read on the wpcentral forum one person who said the Moshi iVisor took away from the deep black and rich colors.....but that's to be expected somewhat.

Its ass. It's a great protector, resists finger prints, and is reusable. But it's ass when it comes to quality lol. The second a true clear one comes out, I'm switching. It makes the phone unreadable in the sunlight... Which is one of it's selling points -.-