[Rom][4.4.4][AOSP] ParanoidAndroid

Search This thread

jblaylock

Apr 3, 2013
Richmond
www.kycreeks.com
I updated today to 4.2 beta 3 and now I can't change the dpi settings. Any ideas on how to fix this? There is no option in build prop. tweaks or xposed modules.

Sent from the Atrix HD Kit-Maxx

juanepichio

Oct 10, 2012
juanepichio.tumblr.com
so really. none of you is having the async wakelock keeping your phone awake 100% of the time?
I do since 0327 or so.

And this is the data gathered on Kernel SO:
GSam Labs - Battery Monitor - Export Data
Kernel (Android OS)
2 Apr 2014 08:23:06

Usage Details
CPU Usage:15m 22s
CPU Usage (Background Only):15m 22s
Keep Awake:3h 2m 58s
Bytes Sent:8.34 KB
Bytes Received:19.57 KB
App UID:0

Wakelock Detail
Included Packages
Included Processes

msmfb_commit_th
/init
ksoftirqd/0
ksoftirqd/1
vold
migration/1
mpdecision
kworker/u:4
msm_slim_ctrl_r
kworker/u:3
kworker/u:6
kworker/u:5
cfinteractive
kworker/u:8
kthreadd
kworker/u:7
thermald
kworker/u:9
mmcqd/0
netd
kworker/0:0
kworker/u:0
kworker/0:1
kworker/u:2
kworker/0:2
kworker/u:1
kworker/0:3
ksmd
irq/334-mms_ts
zygote
flush-0:22
kworker/1:1
flush-179:0
kworker/1:0
flush-0:20
healthd
irq/350-wcd9xxx
ueventd
kworker/u:10
kworker/u:11
workqueue_trust
flush-7:0
kworker/u:12
kworker/u:13
flush-179:96
jbd2/mmcblk0p38
kswapd0
sync_supers
Those stats running ~3hs are because recently charged it but it goes always the same until battery dies again.

cj360

Oct 24, 2011
so really. none of you is having the async wakelock keeping your phone awake 100% of the time?

I do since 0327 or so.

http://imgur.com/WOCE0nX

And this is the data gathered on Kernel SO:
Those stats running ~3hs are because recently charged it but it goes always the same until battery dies again.

I just noticed yesterday when I got home from school my phone was at 50% even though it was locked and in my pocket most of the time. Next time I work on it I'll play with the kernel and see if it could be something related to recent commits from cm.

Also aospa started building legacy devices as well http://goo.im/devs/aospa_legacy/moto_msm8960 so check those if mine starts to fall behind date-wise (builds are the same aospa with cm, qcom patches and repos).

Reactions: juanepichio

clockcycle

Dec 28, 2007
Miami, FL
Moto G Power (2021)
and do you do that with every single update? like every week...?

Nightly aren't updates, they are nightly.. Testing something or the other, added or changed. Full wipe is always prudent, to determine if an issue is with the particular build and not an incompatibility between nightly.

That said, I personally go through the full re-customization an installation every time.. Although I only install 3 apps and if the ROM seems stable enough continue to customize an tweak..

If you don't like to go this route because of the work involved, I'd recommend flashing releases or skipping a few nightly in between

I like doing this several times every *day* only because by going through the step by step I can test an troubleshoot any issues in as many aspects of a new nightly. On several ROMs. Otherwise how would I know if any part doesn't work right?

Sent from my Atrix HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: manuski

msassounian

Dec 13, 2012
I just noticed yesterday when I got home from school my phone was at 50% even though it was locked and in my pocket most of the time. Next time I work on it I'll play with the kernel and see if it could be something related to recent commits from cm.

Also aospa started building legacy devices as well http://goo.im/devs/aospa_legacy/moto_msm8960 so check those if mine starts to fall behind date-wise (builds are the same aospa with cm, qcom patches and repos).

So this problem just popped up in the CM 11.0 thread. Just FYI. Let me know if you want me to test anything for you or need any more info.

Nightly aren't updates, they are nightly.. Testing something or the other, added or changed. Full wipe is always prudent, to determine if an issue is with the particular build and not an incompatibility between nightly.

That said, I personally go through the full re-customization an installation every time.. Although I only install 3 apps and if the ROM seems stable enough continue to customize an tweak..

If you don't like to go this route because of the work involved, I'd recommend flashing releases or skipping a few nightly in between

I like doing this several times every *day* only because by going through the step by step I can test an troubleshoot any issues in as many aspects of a new nightly. On several ROMs. Otherwise how would I know if any part doesn't work right?

Sent from my Atrix HD using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. :)

Hydr0id

Jul 30, 2013
I'm somehow still able to see a little bit of status bar and taskbar when I'm on Immersive mode, anyone else having ts problem?

Sent from my RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

Hydr0id

Jul 30, 2013
That seems odd, had it always done that or just after an update?

Sent from the Paranoid-Manta using tapatalk

No, it didn't do that before on early unified builds, honestly I have not been able to pin point in which exact build it all started. I just hit immersive mode, but you still can see the task bar and status bar although in a clear form. It is most noticeable on settings while on Immersive mode or on YouTube while watching a video. My device is a RAZR HD but I don't know if this is happening to other msm8960 devices as well or is just me.

juanepichio

Oct 10, 2012
juanepichio.tumblr.com
No, it didn't do that before on early unified builds, honestly I have not been able to pin point in which exact build it all started. I just hit immersive mode, but you still can see the task bar and status bar although in a clear form. It is most noticeable on settings while on Immersive mode or on YouTube while watching a video. My device is a RAZR HD but I don't know if this is happening to other msm8960 devices as well or is just me.
I do have an XT925 but this never happened to me before on PA nor CM or any ROM, as you can see here on PA:

sy4ezuvy.jpg

ba3aveve.jpg

I understand you see both bars but with transparency, like this? (Nav bar shouldn't never show up because pie)

sy8e4ave.jpg

Sent from my RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hydr0id

Jul 30, 2013
Try looking this screenshot on Immersive mode and look down at the task bar section, it looks kind of violet "clear", right there I can see "back, home and multitask" buttons.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396532730742.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396532730742.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 118

Hydr0id

Jul 30, 2013
Save the photo so you can view it at full screen.

Hydr0id

Jul 30, 2013
Official, which is build by the same CM device tree, and this happens to me in CM as well. Seriously, I'm thinking on going back to stock and start from scratch to see if that solves anything.

Hydr0id

Jul 30, 2013
Could it be a "ghost" image printed on your screen? I'm being open minded here, I do recall thinks like this happening on old-scholl crt monitors and tv.

I don't think so, this didn't happened before, I will return stock later when I get home and see what that can solves.

Sent from my RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PARANOID ANDROID for Unified moto_msm8960
    banner_505uxa.png

Unified means it includes:
    Code:
    asanti_c (xt897 - Photon Q - Sprint)
    qinara (mb886 - Atrix HD - AT&T)
    scorpion_mini (xt907 - Droid Razr M - Verizon)
    smq_u (xt905 - Razr M - GSM)
    solstice (xt901 - Electrify M - US Cellular)
    vanquish (xt926 - Droid Razr HD - Verizon)
    vanquish_u (xt925- Razr HD - GSM)

DOWNLOAD
    Paranoid Downloads:
    [OFFICIAL]
    GOO.IM
    msm8960_jbbl builds
    msm8960 builds

[UNOFFICIAL] (custom builds with my own changes, may or may not be more frequent then official)
    On Drdevs
    (moto_msm8960 builds) mega.co.nz
    (msm8960_jbbl builds) mega.co.nz

Paranoid GAPPS:
    on AFH
    Also, see the PA Gapps thread/links on xda for more links and info.

INSTALL
    Always wipe data first if coming from a different ROM.
    Format /system partition
    Install ROM, then Gapps, fixes and/or mods and/or alternate kernel, wipe cache & dalvik, and reboot

CREDITS/THANKS
    Google/AOSP
    ParanoidAndroid Team
    CyanogenMod Team
    STS-Dev-Team
    razrqcom-dev-team
    and many others....

My Sources
    Are all on my Github page

Also, Andre on G+ started a build bot for aospa-legacy devices I'll paste the link in here once I find it and that way one of us will have the latest build. Link!
    @cj360 any chance of getting Beta 5 for JBBL?

Looks like the build failed on Oct 23...

Yeah I'll proably make another build for both for kk. But it'll be the last one now that lollipop is out. And yeah I'll be trying to keep msm8960 and msm8960_jbbl up to lollipop once the merges have been merged (don't hold your breath it'll take a while).

Edit- new kitkat builds are up on drdevs & mega.co mirrors they should have fixed all the major bugs, or at least I'm hoping so. If not grab a logcat of the bug if possible and be descriptive of what the bug is.
    Changlog is in the 2nd or first post, though I haven't really been keeping it up to date I should be fixing that later as well as adding support for msm8960_jbbl which will be the builds for the motorola devices that don't yet or won't be getting the 4.4.2 offical update from motorola so they'll use the older jellybean bootloader.
    Latest one I pushed to drdevs is 04-20 though that SHOULD be the last one with the persistent wake locks, I believe I pulled in the fix for them and will be building again when I can. And whenever Andre builds a new one it should be fixed there as well.
    I just fixed jbbl builds, I derped the vendor files for it when I first uploaded it now its fixed. Also here's an update to the changlog copied from the updated 2nd post:
    Do note it will take longer to see the latest features as legacy devices take longer to be built cause there's a bit of a list.

Code:
    09-02-14 {
    Here are Pa's changes in their own [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2583582"]changlog thread/post just click me[/URL]. As for our device changes I've merged in the
     latest fixes for msm8960 as well as fixed msm8960_jbbl. 
    So whether your moto did or didn't get the 4.4.2 offical update it should be appearing there eventually if it's supported by cm.}