FORUMS

[Android][Unlock/S-OFF] SunShine for modern Motorola & HTC devices

6,333 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,901

By jcase, Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor on 23rd June 2014, 08:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd September 2014, 06:34 PM |#1021  
Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 93

More
then i must say this is well worth its money. i'll get back tomorrow evening when im done hopefully s-off
22nd September 2014, 10:27 PM |#1022  
Thanks Meter: 315

More
Might I suggest that Sunshine offer to permanently root at the end? Sure, most of the time you are going to be blowing the image you just ran Sunshine on away, but it seems like it ought to be awfully simple to perma-root by the time it finishes.

As an aside, I consider $25 to not have to fear AT&T's OTA updates anymore a more than fair price.
22nd September 2014, 10:46 PM |#1023  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 2,968

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshamlet

Might I suggest that Sunshine offer to permanently root at the end? Sure, most of the time you are going to be blowing the image you just ran Sunshine on away, but it seems like it ought to be awfully simple to perma-root by the time it finishes.

As an aside, I consider $25 to not have to fear AT&T's OTA updates anymore a more than fair price.

Root is so simple to obtain once you r done with this..
22nd September 2014, 10:51 PM |#1024  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Flag Sequim WA
Thanks Meter: 15,901

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Having su installed can interfere with some applications, esp MDM ones. Not everyone who unlocks wants root, so we leave su install up to them, but im more than willing to help anyone install su if they find me in the support chat
The Following User Says Thank You to jcase For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd September 2014, 10:56 PM |#1025  
Rochester NY
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:

I ran towelpieroot, and it seems to be permanent now.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
23rd September 2014, 12:59 AM |#1026  
Thanks Meter: 315

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerstown

Root is so simple to obtain once you r done with this..

Trivially easy, sure. I can re-root in under a minute by booting a custom recovery from fastboot. I was simply thinking giving the user an option at the end would be easy, and save a step.

It was just a suggestion.
23rd September 2014, 02:23 AM |#1027  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Worked perfectly on Verizon XT-1060. Thank you so much worth every penny!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bretfeld For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bretfeld Ad-Free
23rd September 2014, 02:45 AM |#1028  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Just what I've been waiting for
Shut up and take my money. Oh wait, you did. Worked perfectly on my XT1028. Thank you sir.
The Following User Says Thank You to boggessb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift boggessb Ad-Free
23rd September 2014, 03:13 AM |#1029  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretfeld

Worked perfectly on Verizon XT-1060. Thank you so much worth every penny!

What version of Android are you running on your Verizon XT-1060? I tried Towelroot and it said my device wasn't supported. Tried SunShine and it gave me an error about not being able to get SU. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
23rd September 2014, 03:14 AM |#1030  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I have the Moto X (XT-1060). I am on 4.4.4. I am not rooted. I have skimmed through the 103 pages and I have a few questions, if anyone can answer for me please.

1. Will SunShine work on my device?

2. What are the prerequisites for my device prior to using this?

3. What are the steps I follow to make this work?

Thank you for any assistance!
23rd September 2014, 03:16 AM |#1031  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion800

What version of Android are you running on your Verizon XT-1060? I tried Towelroot and it said my device wasn't supported. Tried SunShine and it gave me an error about not being able to get SU. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I have 4.4.2 on the 1060 sir
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)