FORUMS

[Android][Unlock/S-OFF] SunShine for modern Motorola & HTC devices

6,332 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,901

By jcase, Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor on 23rd June 2014, 08:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Mansoor4139
3rd August 2017, 01:56 PM |#5021  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-FR

If HTCdev supports your device, then unlock the bootloader there.
If you want S-OFF, then sunshine is the way to go and the tool you need.
Or search in your device forum, if there is any other solution for you.

I am using Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo . Sunshine supports my device but i cannot donate $$$ .
I just want to unlock my bootloader to flash the stock kitkat firmware on Droid Turbo through RSD Lite . Flashing firmware on motorolla devices is really difficult. I dont know why .
3rd August 2017, 02:58 PM |#5022  
Thanks Meter: 1,898

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansoor4139

I am using Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo . Sunshine supports my device but i cannot donate $$$ .
I just want to unlock my bootloader to flash the stock kitkat firmware on Droid Turbo through RSD Lite . Flashing firmware on motorolla devices is really difficult. I dont know why .

Well... as said, ask it in your device specific forum, if there is any alternative.
But I doubt, that there is one.

Sent from my HTC U11 using XDA Labs
Mansoor4139
3rd August 2017, 03:08 PM |#5023  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-FR

Well... as said, ask it in your device specific forum, if there is any alternative.
But I doubt, that there is one.

Sent from my HTC U11 using XDA Labs

yeah i am asking in the device specific forum .
there is only one tool named SunShine .
I HATE VERIZON 😡
5th August 2017, 07:43 AM |#5024  
Flag Faisalabad
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:

yeah i am asking in the device specific forum .
there is only one tool named SunShine .
I HATE VERIZON 😡

Sunshine is the only option to unlock your phone. Security of Motorola phones is so much difficult to break and find an exploit. 25$ is the cost to recover the expenses while doing research and development work for sunshine.Good news is that it's one time cost and after that a freedom forever.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nido221 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nido221 Ad-Free
6th August 2017, 04:30 AM |#5025  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:

I don't think that you can go back to KitKat even with an unlocked bootloader on the Droid Turbo and I think if you try it could brick your phone. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk
Mansoor4139
7th August 2017, 12:20 AM |#5026  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.ryan

I don't think that you can go back to KitKat even with an unlocked bootloader on the Droid Turbo and I think if you try it could brick your phone. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Yeah i know .
@ChazzMatt told me everything .
7th August 2017, 12:30 AM |#5027  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 13,592

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.ryan

OK...

With an UNlocked bootloader, YES on a Droid Turbo you CAN go back (downgrade) to any previous firmware you wish. Many have done it, to see if stock Kitkat or Lollipop uses less battery than Marshmallow, as they remember when they first got the phone.

With a LOCKED bootloader, no, you can't downgrade.

With an UNlocked bootloader, you flash the firmware version you wish with ADB -- but be sure to omit GPT.bin from the flash commands or you will bootloop.

Also, if you have TWRP and wish to keep that, also omit recovery.img from the flash commands.

This also applies to any of the Moto Quarks:
  • Droid Turbo XT1254/U.S. Moto Maxx XT1250,
  • Moto Turbo XT1225/"international" Moto Maxx XT1225.

The Droid Turbo XT1254 and U.S. Moto XT1250 are actually the exact same device -- with same FCC ID and CDMA/LTE radio bands. It's just Verizon wanted to pretend they had an "exclusive", when they didn't even have an exclusive in the United States. (Half a dozen U.S. regional carriers CDMA/LTE carriers sold the U.S. Moto Maxx.) Motorola renamed the XT1250 as the "Droid Turbo XT1254" to make Verizon happy.

Before Sunshine unlocked the Droid Turbo XT1254 bootloader in late 2015, many people bought the XT1250, unlocked the bootloader with free code from Motorola, installed TWRP, rooted, stuck in a Verizon SIM card and ran it on Verizon's network. The XT1250 U.S. Moto Maxx was basically the "dev" version of the Droid Turbo XT1254. You can cross flash XT1250/XT1254 stock firmware, even, because they are the EXACT SAME device, with the same FCC ID.

The Moto Turbo XT1225/"international" Moto Maxx XT1225 (same phone, different countries) has the same specs as the XT1254/XT1250 -- except for internal memory (XT1225 only comes in 64GB) and different radio bands. (No LTE band 13, no CDMA -- but has LTE bands 5 & 17, plus more HSPA bands.) Thus, the Moto XT1225 has a different FCC ID than the Moto XT1254/XT1250.

The XT1225 and XT1254/XT1250 all share LTE bands 2, 3, 4, 7.

The XT1225 additionally has LTE band 5 and 17 (more bands used by AT&T).

The XT1254/XT1250 instead has LTE band 13 (Verizon LTE band), plus CDMA bands. While it does have some HSPA bands, there's not as many as in the XT1225.

FCC ID IHDT56PK1

Think of it this way... Just like all LG G3 phones all over the world are the same phone series and have the same specs (except radio bands) , all the Moto Quarks are the same phone series. It's just Motorola confusingly called them different model names. Even two different model names for the EXACT same phone in the United States! The XT1254 came in 32GB/64GB configuration, while the XT1250 was 32GB only. The XT1225 (with different radio bands) came in 64GB only.

All the Quarks -- except the Droid Turbo XT1254 -- have easily unlocked bootloaders via free code from Motorola. I own three XT1225, run them on AT&T, and wrote a guide on unlocking the bootloader and rooting the XT1225 and XT1250. Only the XT1254 locked down bootloader is exclusive to Verizon.

But thankfully Sunshine can unlock the bootloader on any Droid Turbo Verizon firmware for the past two years. Any firmware before that, you can update to firmware which can be unlocked.

After that it's YOUR phone. You can downgrade back to Kitkat if you wish.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChazzMatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChazzMatt Ad-Free
Mansoor4139
7th August 2017, 10:01 AM |#5028  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt

OK...

With an UNlocked bootloader, YES on a Droid Turbo you CAN go back (downgrade) to any previous firmware you wish. Many have done it, to see if stock Kitkat or Lollipop uses less battery than Marshmallow, as they remember when they first got the phone.

With a LOCKED bootloader, no, you can't downgrade.

With an UNlocked bootloader, you flash the firmware version you wish with ADB -- but be sure to omit gpt.bin from the flash commands or you will bootloop.

Also, if you have TWRP and wish to keep that, omit recovery.img.

This also applies to any of the Moto Quarks:

* Droid Turbo XT1254/
U.S. Moto Maxx XT1250,

* Moto Turbo, XT1225/"international" Moto Maxx XT1225.

The Droid Turbo XT1254 and U.S. Moto XT1250 are actually the exact same device -- with same FCC ID and CDMA/LTE radio bands. It's just Verizon wanted to pretend they had an "exclusive", when they didn't even have an U.S. exclusive. Motorola renamed the XT1250 as the "Droid Turbo XT1254" to make Verizon happy. Before Sunshine unlocked the Droid Turbo XT1254 bootloader in late 2015, many people bought the XT1250, unlocked the bootloader with free code from Motorola, installed TWRP, rooted, stuck in a Verizon SIM card and ran it on Verizon's network. The XT1250 U.S. Moto Maxx was basically the "dev" version of the Droid Turbo XT1254. You can cross flash XT1250/XT1254 firmware, even, because they are the EXACT SAME device, with the same FCC ID.

The Moto Turbo XT1225/"international" Moto Maxx XT1225 (same phone, different countries) has the same specs as the XT1254/XT1250 -- except for internal memory (XT1225 only comes in 64GB) and different radio bands. Thus, the XT1225 has a different FCC ID than the XT1254/XT1250.

Just like all LG G3 phones all over the world are the same phone series, except radio bands, all the Moto Quarks are the same phone series. It's just Motorola confusingly called them different model names. Even two different model names for the EXACT same phone in the United States!

All the Quarks -- except the Droid Turbo XT1254 -- have easily unlocked bootloaders via free code from Motorola. I own three XT1225 and wrote a guide on unlocking the bootloader and rooting the XT1225 and XT1250. Only the XT1254 locked down bootloader is exclusive to Verizon.

But thankfully Sunshine can unlock the bootloader on any Droid Turbo Verizon firmware for the past two years. Any firmware before that, you can update to firmware which can be unlocked.

After that it's YOUR phone. You can downgrade back to Kitkat if you wish.

Lets hit the button for writing an essay
7th August 2017, 10:35 AM |#5029  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 13,592

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Lets hit the button for writing an essay

Well, a lot of people still believe Verizon's PR LIES that the Droid Turbo was this "exclusive" phone they had, when it wasn't even exclusive in the U.S. It was an exact clone of another phone with same FCC ID and radio bands, the U.S. Moto Maxx XT1250.

And a lot of people don't know about the sibling Moto Turbo XT1225/" international" Moto Maxx XT1225 (which has all the AT&T radio bands).

Especially for people who don't need Verizon, no need to mess with locked down bootloader if you buy those other versions. And if you did need Verizon, the XT1250 even runs on Verizon with a Verizon SIM card.

Of course, not as problematic since Sunshine unlocks the Verizon bootloader.

I just thought as long as was educating about downgrading firmware on the Droid Turbo, might as well educate about the entire Quark series.

It was basically a 5.2" version of the Moto Nexus 6. For me, it was MY Nexus 6, the right sized phone with same 1440 AMOLED display, Snapdragon 805 chipset, 3 GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, and even bigger battery, 3900 mAh.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChazzMatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChazzMatt Ad-Free
Mansoor4139
7th August 2017, 12:08 PM |#5030  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt

Well, a lot of people still believe Verizon's PR LIES that the Droid Turbo was this "exclusive" phone they had, when it wasn't even exclusive in the U.S. It was an exact clone of another phone with same FCC ID and radio bands, the U.S. Moto Maxx XT1250.

And a lot of people don't know about the sibling Moto Turbo XT1225/" international" Moto Maxx XT1225 (which has all the AT&T radio bands).

Especially for people who don't need Verizon, no need to mess with locked down bootloader if you buy those other versions. And if you did need Verizon, the XT1250 even runs on Verizon with a Verizon SIM card.

Of course, not as problematic since Sunshine unlocks the Verizon bootloader.

I just thought as long as was educating about downgrading firmware on the Droid Turbo, might as well educate about the entire Quark series.

It was basically a 5.2" version of the Moto Nexus 6. For me, it was MY Nexus 6, the right sized phone with same 1440 AMOLED display, Snapdragon 805 chipset, 3 GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, and even bigger battery, 3900 mAh.

I have thought of selling this verizon droid turbo and buy another phone . Didn't know motorola is so hard to root and unlock .
Motorola+Verizon=😣😣😣
10th August 2017, 11:08 AM |#5031  
Account currently disabled
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 621

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidogsbn

@beaups posted on twitter, having passed HTC U11 Security after one week. It looks like we get s-off for u11 in a certain time,hehe

The picture show a devolper u11 and this is s-off. I think the u11 will not see soon s-off for normal version.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)