Beasty/Clemsyn Ultimate Froyo Combo - Simply THE BEST (1.2 bootloader only)

Search This thread

pabdaddy1995

Feb 7, 2008
SetCPU vs CPUMaster

Hey Guys....Love this rom but for some reason SetCPU will not let me go past 1ghz. However, CPUMaster does. I am selecting the NVIDIA Tegra 2 Device in SetCPU and I installed the first Link of the 1st post of this thread. Any help is greatly appreciated. Things seem to be running fine using CPUmaster but it does say to use SetCPU so I guess i should be using SetCPU (for stability???)

tsukaza

Aug 31, 2010
Hey Guys....Love this rom but for some reason SetCPU will not let me go past 1ghz. However, CPUMaster does. I am selecting the NVIDIA Tegra 2 Device in SetCPU and I installed the first Link of the 1st post of this thread. Any help is greatly appreciated. Things seem to be running fine using CPUmaster but it does say to use SetCPU so I guess i should be using SetCPU (for stability???)

CPUmaster will be fine, now you need pimpmycpu to under volt if you want to.
Setcpu does both.

I use Setcpu 2.2.4

pabdaddy1995

Feb 7, 2008
Updated to latest version of setcpu and it fixed the problem....thx. btw what are your voltage settings at the various clock speeds.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

tsukaza

Aug 31, 2010
-50mv on all setting above 1ghz for 1.6ghz OC. If you play heavy games OC to 1.5 will be more stable. I use 1.6ghz because flash stream runs smoother.

Belmichel

Oct 16, 2007
Great ROM. However:

1. Can't install flash 11 from market or from downloaded apk. Says the "Package file was not signed correctly".
2. Also, Fast Web Installer reports that my gtablet is currently not supported...

Any advice?

Last edited:

titooo7

Sep 29, 2010
London
Today I installed the famous new game Shadowgun. The game can't be installed and it works...but it's so f**king slow that there is no way to play to it.

Does this rom have hardware aceleration or it's simply that Tegra2 is already old for some games?

Joeb2751

Apr 5, 2011
Monroe, IN
Great ROM. However:

1. Can't install flash 11 from market or from downloaded apk. Says the "Package file was not signed correctly".
2. Also, Fast Web Installer reports that my gtablet is currently not supported...

Any advice?

I could not install Flash 11 either until I first uninstalled the version that installs with the rom. After doing this, verison 11 installed fine.

Can't answer your second issue....

Reactions: Belmichel

Belmichel

Oct 16, 2007
Thank you :) Fixed Flash indeed.

Few more issues:
1. Alarms don't work after I press the Power (screen off) button. Guess the tablet goes into deep sleep even with permanent unlock and keep awake apps running. The only way I can get alarms to work is to dim the screen with an app (superdim turns all lights off).
2. No "My location" possible. Wireless networks and GPS turned on (tested all combinations). Tried several apps to compensate with no luck.

Thanks for any help

Last edited:

davidcorp

Feb 19, 2007
Hi, first or all, thanks for the rom!
Only one mistake, I think the axis are inverted. I've noticed it in the camera app, orizzontal axis are the vertical's ones and viceversa.

Maybe this is done for the correct use of the camera in skype...

Thanks Davide

Sent from my Adam using XDA App

Last edited:

CTTKDKing

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

This ROM is ridiculously fast. My GTab runs better than it ever has with any other ROM on it, and I've tried pretty much all of them (yes I'm a severe flashahaulic). Everything works without problem and all the games and apps I have loaded run smooth as glass. I primarily use my tab for: forums, youtube videos, movies (off SD card), ebay/craigslist, books, email and social networking (FB, Twitter, G+, and LinkedIn) and some light gaming (mostly snes emulator).

The Gingerbread Rom's aren't any faster than this and provide no hardware acceleration for video playback and the Honeycomb ROM's are slower, no hardware acceleration and a lot of bugs.

I do recommend Flashback 10.1 if you want to try the least buggy of the Honeycomb ROMs. The tablet apps are nice, but there's not enough of them to make using it worth it. The only one I really miss when using Beast ROM is the preview pane in the Gmail app. I recommend Flashback to try but Beast to use as a daily.

jhermit

Feb 7, 2011
Just flashed and had to remove the phone apps for battery life improvement, any other tweaks recommended? Really like

nixie2121

Mar 2, 2011
dumb question...how do I set setcpu? right now I have cpu master but would get setcpu. I see how to set hi and low but do not understand the undervolt at 1000 and over?? please give me easy directions please and thanks

should I enable data2loop? what are the pros and cons of this??

Sent from my Adam using Tapatalk

jimmyzshack

Nov 21, 2011
can anyone tell me why i can't play video's from the gallery that come from picasa?
if i use moboplayer for it will not play using hardware, and switches to software rendering and plays very bad. Does the same thing if i try to play at mp4 file and reboots the tablet.

jlh11364

Jan 23, 2009
The tab finds the card. However, the stock music player doesn't. .I am using Power Amp and it finds everything. Also, you need Power AMp or an alternative to play WMP files.

markmac

Jan 17, 2011
Battery Issue

I love this ROM and had used it for a long time. I have one issue that is preventing me from using this full time. I seem to have an odd issue with my battery sometimes registering 0%, even though it has a full charge. On mosyt ROMs this is not an issue, and I can usually correct it after a few tries. With Beasty the ROM shuts the tablet down when it detects 0%. Is there a way to stop the ROM from shutting down the tablet? I don't have this issue with any other ROM, and would love to stay on Beasty. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing the best ROM for Adam ported to Gtab with my optimized kernel and settings which results in an AMAZING speed for the Gtab. It is FAST..really Fast.

Here is the link.

www.tunerspotter.com/clemsyn/BeastyClemsynFroyoUltimate.zip

Tips:

1. Please use only SetCpu to overclock and undervolt
    2. Enabling data2loop will let you lose home button
    3. Turn off Phone in Notion Adam Settings

Thanks...and if you like my work, please buy me a beer or two :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you think you have tried the best ROM for Gtab? How about trying the best rom for Adam? No Market fix required :) THIS IS ONLY FOR 1.2 Bootloader. Here is the link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=61MEVO4J

Make sure install CPUmaster to overclock to 1.5 and install PimpmyGtab. Also turn off Phone in Notion Settings.

Big thanks to josh4trunks, roebeet, Caulkulin, absorbers and all the devs that I might have missed.

BIG PLUS, NO NEED FOR MARKET FIX, datanoloop can be enabled in Notion Settings ;)

BTWIf you like my work, pls buy me a beer.
    Latest version is up. LMK how it goes
    This rom doesn't appear to scan my microsd card for music. Is this a known issue?

dony71 - The advanced wifi settings come up when you press the menu button in the wifi settings.
    @PeteSeiler2010:

Netflix need device specific drm library afaik it's impossible to do until they allow it!

Sent from my Adam using Tapatalk
    Great ROM. However:

Any advice?

I could not install Flash 11 either until I first uninstalled the version that installs with the rom. After doing this, verison 11 installed fine.

Can't answer your second issue....