TACHYON!!

Which version of Tachyon did you choose?

• ION

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • PMEM

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Neo

Moderator Emeritus / The One - ΠΣΘ
Aug 4, 2011
The Matrix
When I was on CM10.2 I had issues with my location not updating correctly, but no big deal...I knew where I was and didn't need the phone to tell me. The GPS didn't work initially, but I found that a reboot (with GPS off) fixed that.

Now, on Tachyon, still have location issues, but also the GPS is not working. It never locks on to a signal.

I tried wiping and flashing again, but no luck. Tried the reboot with GPS off. Again, no luck.

Anyone else have this issue? Without GPS I'm going to have to go back to CM10.2 or something else. :(

The GPS in Tachyon is based off of old source changes that have been fixed in the later cm-10.2 builds. I am rebuilding TACHYON today with the same changes in cm-10.2

Reactions: fettfan

pilotbob3

Jul 28, 2010
Can you please explain how you disassembled it and cleaned the headphone jack? My left channel cuts in and out with movement in my pocket, and I have tried cleaning it with a qtip and alcohol. It helps some, but there is still a bad contact. Thank you!

Sorry for the tardy reply, for mine I removed the battery cover, removed battery, SIM card and SD card. Unscrewed the six T5 screws holding the red rear cover. Then, using a plastic spreading tool, removed the red plastic cover. Take care with that, there are 3 small rubber covers over various RF connectors that you probably don't want to lose, and the volume and power buttons might fall off (these are easily replaced when reinstalling the cover).

You then have access to the bottom of the headphone jack, which I used a small tweezer to push out some lint from the jack. Also used a very small bit of contact cleaner and reinserted headphone plug to make sure contacts were clean. I'd be careful with the contact cleaner to not get it anywhere other than the jack contacts.

Reassembly was just a reverse of disassembly.

Reactions: echolocator and Neo

brianjcohen

Jul 19, 2010
I'm on Tachyon 1.2 and I'm still having issues receiving group MMS messages. The first message will come in but after that I can't see any text or pictures for the replies that come in. What's the word on this? Is everyone having this problem?

Froeleaf

Feb 3, 2011
Great work

reflashed with CWM instead of TWRP, and am using latest boot.img. almost no problems since! I accidentally began enabling enhanced security, that caused a reboot. Otherwise everything is great!

Reactions: Neo

benjester

Feb 13, 2012
performance

Hey all.

I just moved from 115 to 12. The only issues I seem to be having are with

1. Facebook sync, known issue, solved with ubersync
2. MMS from iphone... so solution... no idea what to do with it. Known issue though.
3. battery dies fast when using phone.

So after a couple quick calls, my battery just plummets. I want to say this is probably because of radio and hboot, but I don't know.

what are the latest versions of the radios and hboot for the rezound and where do I get them?

Thanks again. Amazing ROM!

tmanschuette

Oct 23, 2011
what are the latest versions of the radios and hboot for the rezound and where do I get them?

Thanks again. Amazing ROM!
These radios and the 2.28 H-Boot.
yzebe6e4.jpg

Edit: Raventech's thread has all the PH98IMG's you need.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dsowder

Sep 23, 2013
Phone freezing up, then stuck on Tachyon boot screen

I recently re-installed the Tachyon rom after I was getting annoyed with my boot screen being blank. I figure I did this somehow by switching back and forth between custom animations.

So after I re-installed the rom (which now does get the Tachyon boot screen) my phone will lock up and when I pull the battery gets stuck on the Tachyon boot screen (with the colored rings). I then after to re-install again. I'm not sure what I've done wrong.

burritonegro

Mar 26, 2011
black screen

nvm did it ass backwards (image before rom)

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

I recently re-installed the Tachyon rom after I was getting annoyed with my boot screen being blank. I figure I did this somehow by switching back and forth between custom animations.

So after I re-installed the rom (which now does get the Tachyon boot screen) my phone will lock up and when I pull the battery gets stuck on the Tachyon boot screen (with the colored rings). I then after to re-install again. I'm not sure what I've done wrong.

I know it's a month later, but you may have had the same problem I did. Factory wipe, then install rom, then download the boot.img.

Last edited:

burritonegro

Mar 26, 2011
status bar freezes, screen won't turn on

A couple weeks into this, and I'm not sure I want to stick with it. The performance is great, but I've had to pull the battery every couple days because pulling down the status bar causes it to freeze in place, or the screen simply won't turn back on with the press of the power button sometimes. Bummer...

teamost

Jan 6, 2015
Random app opens on turning on phone, Apollo drop-outs

Been using Tachyon 1.2 for a couple days on my Rezound and having a few glitchy issues. One is having an app, which I was not using, be open when I turn on the phone (this is just from dormancy, not powering on from a full shut-down). Most of the time it was Messenger, but it has also been Apollo music player and one or two others. I disabled Messenger in app settings (cause I don't use it anyway), and that helped the random-app-spawn problem.

Also, when I listen to music on Apollo, every 10-15 minutes or so the sound drops out for just a split second, like it is not buffering music far enough in advance or something. But I think the phone is also confused by it's memory allocation (Rezound does not see the unused 10-12 gb of true 'internal storage', and I think it is confused by the removable sd card, as when I try to use camera it says 'no external memory').

Used CWM 6.0.3.1, the Tachyon zip file md5 checked out OK.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Don't procrastinate ! It's like when you do, next day is pop quiz on last night homework. I'm telling you, teachers have some sort of psychic ability to tell when your procrastinating. They're watching usssss lol.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4
    Can you please explain how you disassembled it and cleaned the headphone jack? My left channel cuts in and out with movement in my pocket, and I have tried cleaning it with a qtip and alcohol. It helps some, but there is still a bad contact. Thank you!

Sorry for the tardy reply, for mine I removed the battery cover, removed battery, SIM card and SD card. Unscrewed the six T5 screws holding the red rear cover. Then, using a plastic spreading tool, removed the red plastic cover. Take care with that, there are 3 small rubber covers over various RF connectors that you probably don't want to lose, and the volume and power buttons might fall off (these are easily replaced when reinstalling the cover).

You then have access to the bottom of the headphone jack, which I used a small tweezer to push out some lint from the jack. Also used a very small bit of contact cleaner and reinserted headphone plug to make sure contacts were clean. I'd be careful with the contact cleaner to not get it anywhere other than the jack contacts.

Reassembly was just a reverse of disassembly.
    This post is for users who aren't able to post on Tachyon's main thread

Anyway.. I posted a poll to see if anyone will participate while I try both the PMEM and ION versions (and procrastinate on homework).

Stole this from the main thread:
    Gollum.jpg

"We Welcomes you to TACHYON"
    Hey Neo,

Anyway we can get Paranoidroid's Halo baked into this ROM like the Nexus 4 guys are doing here?

Looking into it today ;)

btw, PMEM here.
    Interesting kernel version

I think it was one of his experimental versions from awhile ago when he war trying to fix Bluetooth issues lol. It is my nandroid that I return to after trying something new, and I just never changed the kernel.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk