[S-OFF]Rumrunner S-off works for Rezound!!!

Search This thread

Chillerman

Apr 15, 2011
Golden, CO
If anyone is interested, the universal Rumrunner s-off exploit works for our Rezounds! I just got a new Rezound and used this method to obtain s-off. NO MORE WIRE TRICK! NO MORE WIPING OF INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL MEMORY! THE CURRENT ROM YOU ARE ON WILL NOT BE ERASED! YOUR CURRENT RECOVERY WILL NOT BE TOUCHED!

Disclaimer: I am not a Dev. I have no association/affiliation with Rumrunner and can provide no support. Try this at your own risk. It's not my fault if you Bork your phone!

www.rumrunner.us

The download for our phone can be found on page three of the Rumrunner site http://rumrunner.us/downloads-2/. It is under "Universal Downloads" and is called rumrunner_HTC_.0.5.0.

A few notes:

-You must be HTC dev unlocked
-You must be rooted
-You must have an unsecured kernel installed and a custom Rom
-HTC Sync has to be removed from your computer
-Proper HTC drivers installed
-ADB set up
-USB debugging enabled
-Fast boot disabled
-Internet connection
-Turn off all antivirus and firewall software! I can't stress this enough! (If you get rows and rows of dots and the program never finishes it is likely that you forgot to disable one or the other)

Make sure you have a backup on your SD card just in case something goes wrong!

Hook your phone up to your computer in "charge only" mode and run the soju.exe file as Administrator. It will reboot several times and do its magic. It may take 10-15 minutes (or more) to complete.

It took a while for me to get it right, but it does work!

EDIT: I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST USING EITHER TWRP OR CWM AS YOUR RECOVERY WHEN RUNNING THIS PROGRAM. THE FEW PEOPLE HAVING PROBLEMS SEEMED TO BE USING AMONRA AT THE TIME.

Verified to work with: EclipticRez, PAC-man, Tachyon, Ineffabilis, Infection, CM, Carbon, and LiquidSmooth so far.

Your results may vary. Please post in this thread if it works for you!

Your hboot version will remain the same and will still say "Tampered" and "Unlocked"!

To eliminate the "Tampered" flag see scotty1223's thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2589763

This is the original thread in the HTC One forum that I used for my HTC One http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2473644.
Please note the instructions are not the same for the Universal exploit. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE HTC ONE HBOOT!!!

I will not share any files from their site. Use the download links they provide, they work just fine:

"rumrunner s-off is the results of hundreds of hours of hard work by beaups and fuses. The binaries contained within the rumrunner package you download should not be shared, rehosted, bat’d, integrated into a one-click, repackaged, or otherwise distributed or reused. This software is NOT open source."

Credit:
@beaups @Fuses

Last edited:

rezound4cure

Nov 8, 2012
wow thanks for this , could never get the wire trick to work for me.
What kernal and ROM did u specifically use? what classifies as an unsecured kernal?
And also you just downloaded the generic download since we don't have a device specific one and just followed the instructions?

Can anyone else verify if this works

Chillerman

Apr 15, 2011
Golden, CO
It worked for me. I used EclipticRez with the included funky kernel. HTC Dev unlocked and AmonRa recovery.

Yes, I just followed the generic instructions.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

corporal_hades

Apr 1, 2012
site is down apparently, but interested to try this out if I can find the generic rumrunner file. care to share yours?

Chillerman

Apr 15, 2011
Golden, CO
still can't seem to get the site working could you shoot me your copy? and i'm on pac man will that still work fine?

For those of you having trouble with the site, I don't know what to say except try a different browser or computer. I have never had any problems accessing it.

As far as whether it will work with Pacman or not, I have no idea. I was on EclipticRez when I ran it. All you can do is try it. From what I understand it won't hurt anything if it doesn't work.

I will not share any files from their site. This is on their front page:

" rumrunner s-off is the results of hundreds of hours of hard work by beaups and fuses. The binaries contained within the rumrunner package you download should not be shared, rehosted, bat’d, integrated into a one-click, repackaged, or otherwise distributed or reused. This software is NOT open source."

Last edited:
Reactions: blu422

wtfsykhang

May 13, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
Can you describe the problems you were having?

Thanks for verifying it works.

The first problem i had was that the first rom(using funky kernel 4.2) i was using got stuck at "must sanitize, skunky rum is nasty
hold please" and after that message it told me to exit the program. So i flashed eclipticRez with funky kernel and I was able to get past that but then i got "FATAL: Download updated package at ". Although i had disabled avg, i forgot to disable firewall as well. After disabling both of those the program was able to get me s-off

Last edited:

Chillerman

Apr 15, 2011
Golden, CO
The first problem i had was that the first rom(using funky kernel 4.2) i was using got stuck at "must sanitize, skunky rum is nasty
hold please" and after that message it told me to exit the program. So i flashed eclipticRez with funky kernel and I was able to get past that but then i got "FATAL: Download updated package at ". Although i had disabled avg, i forgot to disable firewall as well. After disabling both of those the program was able to get me s-off

Thank you again. This is very useful.

Reactions: blu422

blu422

Jun 12, 2012
Bountiful, UT

thanks hopefully this will fix my problem

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

....and I am successfully S-OFF. like they said before me the only problem was i forgot to disable stuff.

I am running Pacman the latest build 4.3 with whatever kernel that comes with and it worked beautifully, it took a while so make sure your disable timers have half an hourish just to be safe for me it took about 15-20 mins.

Reactions: Chillerman

Chillerman

Apr 15, 2011
Golden, CO

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

....and I am successfully S-OFF. like they said before me the only problem was i forgot to disable stuff.

I am running Pacman the latest build 4.3 with whatever kernel that comes with and it worked beautifully, it took a while so make sure your disable timers have half an hourish just to be safe for me it took about 15-20 mins.

Thank you for posting and verifying. It looks like Pacman works just fine as well :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If anyone is interested, the universal Rumrunner s-off exploit works for our Rezounds! I just got a new Rezound and used this method to obtain s-off. NO MORE WIRE TRICK! NO MORE WIPING OF INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL MEMORY! THE CURRENT ROM YOU ARE ON WILL NOT BE ERASED! YOUR CURRENT RECOVERY WILL NOT BE TOUCHED!

Disclaimer: I am not a Dev. I have no association/affiliation with Rumrunner and can provide no support. Try this at your own risk. It's not my fault if you Bork your phone!

www.rumrunner.us

The download for our phone can be found on page three of the Rumrunner site http://rumrunner.us/downloads-2/. It is under "Universal Downloads" and is called rumrunner_HTC_.0.5.0.

A few notes:

-You must be HTC dev unlocked
    -You must be rooted
    -You must have an unsecured kernel installed and a custom Rom
    -HTC Sync has to be removed from your computer
    -Proper HTC drivers installed
    -ADB set up
    -USB debugging enabled
    -Fast boot disabled
    -Internet connection
    -Turn off all antivirus and firewall software! I can't stress this enough! (If you get rows and rows of dots and the program never finishes it is likely that you forgot to disable one or the other)

Make sure you have a backup on your SD card just in case something goes wrong!

Hook your phone up to your computer in "charge only" mode and run the soju.exe file as Administrator. It will reboot several times and do its magic. It may take 10-15 minutes (or more) to complete.

It took a while for me to get it right, but it does work!

EDIT: I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST USING EITHER TWRP OR CWM AS YOUR RECOVERY WHEN RUNNING THIS PROGRAM. THE FEW PEOPLE HAVING PROBLEMS SEEMED TO BE USING AMONRA AT THE TIME.

Verified to work with: EclipticRez, PAC-man, Tachyon, Ineffabilis, Infection, CM, Carbon, and LiquidSmooth so far.

Your results may vary. Please post in this thread if it works for you!

Your hboot version will remain the same and will still say "Tampered" and "Unlocked"!

To eliminate the "Tampered" flag see scotty1223's thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2589763

This is the original thread in the HTC One forum that I used for my HTC One http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2473644.
    Please note the instructions are not the same for the Universal exploit. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE HTC ONE HBOOT!!!

I will not share any files from their site. Use the download links they provide, they work just fine:

"rumrunner s-off is the results of hundreds of hours of hard work by beaups and fuses. The binaries contained within the rumrunner package you download should not be shared, rehosted, bat’d, integrated into a one-click, repackaged, or otherwise distributed or reused. This software is NOT open source."

Credit:
    @beaups @Fuses
    Just did this before leaving to work, and my phone is now S-OFF. How cool, no wire trick or anything, I started the process then got dressed for work and came back and it was done.
    64-bit openSuSE Linux -- not quite

Well, we used it... with half-assed success!! Probably more our fault than yours -but- the two things good about it were;
    #1) We got S-Off without a wire trick.
    #2) We both learned, and found out, how much we know, and don't know, about these Smartphones.

What we used was probably our reason for our "mishaps". In the beginning it is stated, unfortunately like the 'wired' version, that a 32-bit Ubuntu Linux -is preferred. Well, we bullheadedly, went ahead and used our openSuSE 64-bit Linux. We had/have 32-bit libs installed -- as they said that 'may' work. On top of that we had CM11.0 installed on our ReZound.

We followed the instructions on the WebPage -and- it was looking good... until it got to pouring (2). Then we started getting HTC White Screen and CyanogenMod Wheel... alternating on the phone in a mini boot loop, with repeated rows of dots on our PC. After an hour plus, I killed it. Then the fun started... trying to "Restore our Phone"!!

We could not, successfully, get anything to Re-Load on our phone. Finally, as a last resort, we decided to use the RUU from Android Police. It changed our hBoot back to 2.27 and our radios back to 2.22 -BUT- it Re-Stored our phone! We then used the Global Firmware Update to get back to 2.28 hBoot and 2.23 radios.

Oh... did we forget to mention that we got S-Off!! Without a wire. Probably would have been much cleaner and smoother had we just broke down and used 32-bit Ubuntu Linux in the first place. -But- we like our openSuSE and "try" to use it for everything... that we can. Possibly we didn't get 'all' of the 32-bit libs installed -or- something like that. IF there is a next time we will probably try again. Till then we will just enjoy our ReZound 'with' S-Off.

Ah, the SD card It got wiped!! Now please notice that we were NOT using the correct system and that could be the reason. At any rate, it got wiped. Wiped so bad that my PC, neither one, would recognize it!! AFTER I got my phone back in operation, on a whim, I put the SD card back in my phone and tried to format it. It did!! I was then able to take it out of the phone, place it in my PC and copy over the saved version. All is well... now.

Thanks to the devs... never liked poking a wire around in my phone. It was great and kudos to the developers of the wire trick. -But- this way, PERFORMED CORRECTLY (Use 32-bit Ubuntu), seems to be safer.

Thanks,
    Chuck
    P.S.
    Forgot to mention that it completely wiped my SD card. Fortunately I had just made a recent backup.
    Worked perfectly with Tachyon 1.2!

Sent from my Rezound on Tachyon using xda app-developers app
    You mean bricking while running this rumrunner or flashing a rom?

I believe he means while running the exploit. Once you are s-off, you are s-off! The chance of bricking at that point is totally up to the operator ;)