Galaxy Note colour rendering issue: started working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

supercurio

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
May 31, 2010
Chambéry
spectrastudy.com
Common Poisonwolf be patient:cool:,lets just try and appeal to Supercurio so that we can get solution ASAP;)at least HE promised and i believe he will do it but all we need to do is encourage him:D

Please, guys, re-read my previous posts before pretending I promised stuff or anything else.

It REALLY annoys me to read people saying things on my behalf, especially when its pure bull****.

Reactions: Reynaldinho111

martcerv

Sep 21, 2010
Guys if a huge company like Samsung hasnt even got this issue that high on their priority list or dont know how to fix it themselves then you may be pinning too many hopes on a one man operation who is pretty busy as is.

Dont get me wrong I hope he does at some point release an app to improve our notes but acting the way some are in this thread I wouldnt be surprised if he just dropped it. But if you want somebody to do something for you maybe show some respect and bs ideas like spamming the dev arent going to help anyone.

If any of you think its so easy to do then go ahead and do it yourselves, nobody is stopping you otherwise shut up and show some respect to those that have helped you in the past and may help you again if your lucky.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Reactions: Latoc and paleh0rse

paleh0rse

Jan 4, 2011
Please, guys, re-read my previous posts before pretending I promised stuff or anything else.

It REALLY annoys me to read people saying things on my behalf, especially when its pure bull****.
To be fair, even after reviewing your previous posts, the CURRENT status of the potential fix still isn't very clear at all.

I've never said a bad or discouraging word about you. I (and perhaps thousands of others who have been silently waiting with me) would just feel much better if you came out and clearly stated the status of the fix right now.

Please don't let the naysaying jerks discourage you from politely engaging those of us who still believe in and support your efforts.

A simple "yes, I'm still working on a fix for the black clipping on the Note," or "No, I've moved on," would go a REALLY long way. :)

Scorbion

May 6, 2005
Riyadh
to be fair, even after reviewing your previous posts, the current status of the potential fix still isn't very clear at all.

I've never said a bad or discouraging word about you. I (and perhaps thousands of others who have been silently waiting with me) would just feel much better if you came out and clearly stated the status of the fix right now.

please don't let the naysaying jerks discourage you from politely engaging those of us who still believe in and support your efforts.

A simple "yes, i'm still working on a fix for the black clipping on the note," or "no, i've moved on," would go a really long way. :)

+111111111111

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi dear Galaxy Note owners.

As many of you I'm not quite satisfied by Galaxy Note screen.
    Most of the feedback reveal sub-par results, despite we all know the potential here is huge (to say the least).

References:
    - [Q] Galaxy Note Screen Issues!!!
    - [Q] Video on Note

Worst offender being shadows rendering: my diagnostic: what's supposed to be dark is not so dark.. and then boom its black (ie black clipping)
    As a result color look dull, some UI elements show not quite as they're supposed to, and videos exhibit awful banding, blocking and ringing artifacts.

That's why I can announce here I started working on Galaxy Note screen color.

Don't expect immediate results as it's a complex topic and I'm working on other projects where users expect updates (like Voodoo LOUDER), but I wanted to give keep you updated.
    And after that.. there will be fixes and solutions.
    − be patient.
    Next step:
    Measurements with a colorimeter, at several brightness levels.
    Just to inform you I developed the technology I needed as driver while working on Voodoo Sound.

It means I'm one step closer for the new gen application.
    I reworked the color profile; On my device there's no green cast anymore now even at lowest brightness modes.

Epic.
    I hope it will translate well on other devices I well but for once I'm almost confident.