Thanks Meter: 873

Post Reply Email Thread
8th July 2012, 07:40 PM |#921  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 524

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0be

Do these work in winsuk's builds? Maybe my blobs don't match his.

This is working in Winsuk!
8th July 2012, 07:45 PM |#922  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 501

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimon2242

This is working in Winsuk!

Will nandroid, wipe all, flash winsuks, replace my vendor files/blobs, and rebuild tonight/tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know that something is amiss.
The Following User Says Thank You to s0be For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift s0be Ad-Free
10th July 2012, 03:21 AM |#923  
Flag Ampang
Thanks Meter: 215

More
Jelly Bean Source code released !!
@winsuk @munjeni
any idea?
10th July 2012, 03:58 AM |#924  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuoyang

Jelly Bean Source code released !!
@winsuk @munjeni
any idea?

Waiting for CM (which will take a while). Trying to merge in all the required stuff for liberty myself would kill me
Plus there's about 999999999~ other people trying to download the source.. Would take hours(maybe even days) just for that

Some stuff I can do though: think of a new name for the github.. LibertyICS doesn't fit well with Jelly Bean
And still deciding if I want to reuse this thread or not
10th July 2012, 05:25 AM |#925  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 501

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0be

Will nandroid, wipe all, flash winsuks, replace my vendor files/blobs, and rebuild tonight/tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know that something is amiss.

Just as a follow up on this, after switching to winsuk's blobs, those features requested DO work on my builds, but I'm getting truly impressively BAD battery life now. Like, 15 minutes 60%->0% without doing anything. I'm looking into why this is (could be unrelated to blobs), but I'm definitely NOT dropping this build right now.
12th July 2012, 10:33 AM |#926  
Thanks Meter: 21,694

Donate to Me
More
Hey, about JellyBean, I downloaded source and created 2 backup folders (cm4.0.4 and jb4.1.1), cleaned all .repo folders and all .git folders inside these 2 folders, created git under cm4.0.4, copied everything from folder jb4.1.1 to cm4.0.4, and finally tried to see diference... got next crazy things:
- this is all modified/new files -> http://paste.ubuntu.com/1087575/
- I can not post diff.file because there is about 165mb diferences

So my opinions about JellyBean is that new android source have realy big big big big diference between old cm4.0.4 and I must to say it is not "the same" as a some guys thinked, its realy like new android !!! I tried to compile liberty jelly bean, but armv6 is not suported under these new android source so we need to import armv6 stufs from cm4.0.4 or at least to merge apps and framework stuf to get something like jb
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to munjeni For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift munjeni Ad-Free
12th July 2012, 12:10 PM |#927  
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by munjeni

Hey, about JellyBean, I downloaded source and created 2 backup folders (cm4.0.4 and jb4.1.1), cleaned all .repo folders and all .git folders inside these 2 folders, created git under cm4.0.4, copied everything from folder jb4.1.1 to cm4.0.4, and finally tried to see diference... got next crazy things:

So my opinions about JellyBean is that new android source have realy big big big big diference between old cm4.0.4 and I must to say it is not "the same" as a some guys thinked, its realy like new android !!! I tried to compile liberty jelly bean, but armv6 is not suported under these new android source so we need to import armv6 stufs from cm4.0.4 or at least to merge apps and framework stuf to get something like jb

If you need to talk about porting armv6 to JB, I'm here trying to get CM10 to build on wildfire (github @ sympnotic)

Keep up the good work !
The Following User Says Thank You to Sympnotic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sympnotic Ad-Free
12th July 2012, 12:13 PM |#928  
Thanks Meter: 21,694

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sympnotic

If you need to talk about porting armv6 to JB, I'm here trying to get CM10 to build on wildfire (github @ sympnotic)

Keep up the good work !

Some progress:
Code:
PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
PLATFORM_VERSION=4.1.1
TARGET_PRODUCT=generic_liberty
TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
TARGET_ARCH=arm
TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv6-vfp
HOST_ARCH=x86
HOST_OS=linux
HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-3.2.0-23-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-12.04-precise
HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
BUILD_ID=MASTER
OUT_DIR=out
now bionic have some problems in compiling... undefined reference to '__pthread_settid
edit:
Menageg to build bionic, now it continue building! Note: I working on https://android.googlesource.com and not cm10 souce!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to munjeni For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift munjeni Ad-Free
12th July 2012, 01:23 PM |#929  
Flag Ampang

More
so if porting armv6 to jb , will it include the project butter?
12th July 2012, 02:51 PM |#930  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by munjeni

Well, yea.. that's why it has a new name and a new version number...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuoyang

so if porting armv6 to jb , will it include the project butter?

Yes. "Project butter" is just what Google is calling all the optimizations they did
The Following User Says Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WinSuk Ad-Free
12th July 2012, 04:11 PM |#931  
Flag Ampang

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSuk

Yes. "Project butter" is just what Google is calling all the optimizations they did

But if we use framework and anything from ics will it lose the optimization google did?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, ice cream sandwich, ics

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)