Windows Phone Android

Search This thread
Android Technical --

Android Technical just published "Windows Phone Android", a windows phone metro UI launcher for android. The lite version is now in the Android Market.

Lite version include:
Pin to front page tiles
remove from front page
uninstall apps
dark and lite themes
4 accent colors (Blue, Green, Red and Orange)
limited messages (on message area at the top of the screen)
status bar with mobile signal, wifi, bluetooth, battery status etc.

informational tiles, animated screens, status messages and other features will be included in the regular versions.

At the end of the day, if you really want a Windows Phone, you should go get one. You can get one here from Microsoft.

Side Note: You may choose not to install it as a launcher (choose default home as launcher) and the application will act in stand alone manner.

Android Technical (@droidtechnical) - @lmaung - @kluesman

Demo video : http://www.youtube.com/androidtechnical#p/a/u/0/3yvIVfRdM1w

I will send out the APK link to those with screwed up ROMs. People update the market on your ROM first. It'll fix WPA not showing up as well a there may be other apps missing from your list....

Attachments

• device2.jpg
    device2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 12,989
  • device1.jpg
    device1.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 8,540
  • device3.jpg
    device3.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 8,812
  • WP7.apk
    267.5 KB · Views: 13,921
Last edited:
Reserved

Dec 21, 2010:
Lite updated to 1.2.1
- NOTIFICATIONS ARE HERE!
- Swipe feature from full is now in Lite
- Better tile icon size changes
- MORE THEME COLORS!
- Less force closes
- Battery Code updated
- Cell Signal code updated
- Faster animations
- lots of back end changes
- Clock re-enabled
- Ads. Yeah it's a good way to keep us coding -- or get the regular version. Thanks you.

Regular update to 1.2
Dec 21, 2010:
Lite updated to 1.2
- TILE NOTIFICATION
- STATUS BAR NOTIFICATION
- Better tile icon size changes ;)
- MORE THEME COLORS!
- Less force closes
- Battery Code updated
- Faster animations

Dec 14, 2010:
Lite updated to 1.1.2
- Battery Status and Signal Status code updated to include a wider range of devices and hopefully less f.c. on a lot of devices.
Depending on feedback and outcome, same code will come thru (as well as a few extras) on regular version in the next few days.

Dec 10, 2010:
Lite: updated to 1.1.1
- Dreaded mdip (480x320) tile alignment issue. I don't have a test device anymore but as far as I can tell on the emulator (with the right settings), it looks fine. I am done fixing this issue now. Recommended resolution is 800x480. Recommended device is Nexus One.

Regular: updated to 1.1.1
- Dreaded mdip (480x320) tile alignment issue. I don't have a test device anymore but as far as I can tell on the emulator (with the right settings), it looks fine. I am done fixing this issue now. Recommended resolution is 800x480. Recommended device is Nexus One.

Lite: Updated to 1.1
- Swipe to flip between (1st and 2nd Screen from 1.0.1 regular is added)
- Battery Status is now added
- Alignment issue (last tiles on mdpi devices should be ok)
- First time will come with some preloaded icons on the first page (sick of that blank screen emails)

Regular: Updated to 1.1
- Full Swipe between (1st and 2nd Screen is updated - animated)
- Battery Status added
- First time will come with some preloaded icons on the first page (sick of that blank screen emails)
- All future developments will continue on this version.

Dec 8, 2010:
Regular Updated to 1.0.1
- Swipe to slide added.

Dec 7, 2010:
Lite version updated to 1.0.1
- First and last tile misalignment is fixed
- Minor tweaks

Regular ($2.99) version 1.0 added to market
- same as lite version for now
- supports more than 12 apps on the main screen

Last edited:

narddog

Aug 18, 2010
Not too bad! Now i know it states for screen res of 480x800, and my eris's screen is smaller, but can you fix the tiles misalignment? It seems the first and last row shift to the left just the slightest. This is what i have been waiting for!

castro65

Mar 19, 2008
i dont see any tiles.
just a black or white background and the arrow.

htc desire with miui 0.12.3.

Last edited:

dnguyen1988

Jul 25, 2010
Dallas, TX
So far looks and works pretty good cant wait to check out the pro version! I really hope u stick with it

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Sk17z0

Nov 29, 2010
Confirmed and working on the Tmobile HTC G2 2.2 stock. Now my phones screen looks like my wifes HD7. I cant wait to show her. LOL. I cant wait for the updates and pro version. Good work on this app.

Rsloan

Jun 12, 2010
Detroit,MI
Looking Gr8 thank you I have been try to achieve this look all month!! please keep us posted with updates looking forward to donate version! :cool:

jamez243

Jul 7, 2008
on my vibrant 2.2 loading the full list of apps as well as pinning to start is just too slow. Is this only on mine?

TheDoctor1177

Jun 13, 2010
That One Place
I'm loving this launcher, and I've been looking forward to someone doing this. I've tried the light version and anticipating the pro versions, but I was just wondering (if you haven't already thought about it yet) are you going to make it able for the user to chose it's own tiles to represent an app. For example, I don't use android messenger, I use handcent. So when I pinned Handcent to the quick start it has the blue icon and it's called Handcent, and I would want it to be a live tile and just call messaging.

Just bringing this to your attention, looking forward to the pro version. Keep it up.

on my vibrant 2.2 loading the full list of apps as well as pinning to start is just too slow. Is this only on mine?

I think you are the second person with vibrant that is telling us that it is slow. We tested on devices that we have. Nexus One, T-Mo Comet, and LG Optimus T. I will see what I can do. Even on the Comet (528mhz) it is working so... something might be wrong with your phone but I would love to see it in person to see the actual speed differences.

are you going to make it able for the user to chose it's own tiles to represent an app. For example, I don't use android messenger, I use handcent. So when I pinned Handcent to the quick start it has the blue icon and it's called Handcent, and I would want it to be a live tile and just call messaging.

Our thoughts are to keep the light simple and plain (thus lite and free). More of a demo version if you want to think of it that way. We will have the regular version with some user enabled features and pro with our own live tiles and hubs and such (eg, new contacts screens, new music player etc). Nothing is fully set in stone yet. Just wanted to see how people will like the idea. Considering it took 2 people to code this in about 30 hours each, it's not bad. But we do android rapid prototyping and deployment for a living though. ;)

lucas.scott

Mar 10, 2009
Nashville, TN
Is there supposed to be a battery indicator in the status bar? I don't have one. And signal doesn't really respond there. Also I have to swipe up or down to see anything other than the time. Which I think is kinda cool actually. Just wondering if that's normal. Thanks, and fantastic work.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Is there supposed to be a battery indicator in the status bar? I don't have one. And signal doesn't really respond there. Also I have to swipe up or down to see anything other than the time. Which I think is kinda cool actually. Just wondering if that's normal. Thanks, and fantastic work.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

That is normal. Just the way WP7 does that status bar. It is missing battery indicator. We will put it up with the next update. The status bar comes down for 8 sec on real WP7. Ours does the exact same thing (sans animation)

blackalice

Jan 5, 2010
London
www.stua.rtfoy.co.uk
Pretty slick! Can't wait to see some new features. It'd be nice to use custom icons, say if we use another app for our dialer or messenger, or even for completely different apps! Custom colours would be nice, too.

Found a bug though, if you open the settings and exit it, and go back, there are some weird glitches, you'll see. (this is if you're not using it as a launcher)

EDIT: A page for widgets would be awesome if you could work that out, or at least a way to quickly change settings(wifi, gps, etc)
EDIT2: A way to move tiles around would be good.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android Technical --

Android Technical just published "Windows Phone Android", a windows phone metro UI launcher for android. The lite version is now in the Android Market.

Lite version include:
    Pin to front page tiles
    remove from front page
    uninstall apps
    dark and lite themes
    4 accent colors (Blue, Green, Red and Orange)
    limited messages (on message area at the top of the screen)
    status bar with mobile signal, wifi, bluetooth, battery status etc.

informational tiles, animated screens, status messages and other features will be included in the regular versions.

At the end of the day, if you really want a Windows Phone, you should go get one. You can get one here from Microsoft.

Side Note: You may choose not to install it as a launcher (choose default home as launcher) and the application will act in stand alone manner.

Android Technical (@droidtechnical) - @lmaung - @kluesman

Demo video : http://www.youtube.com/androidtechnical#p/a/u/0/3yvIVfRdM1w

I will send out the APK link to those with screwed up ROMs. People update the market on your ROM first. It'll fix WPA not showing up as well a there may be other apps missing from your list....
    Reserved

Dec 21, 2010:
    Lite updated to 1.2.1
    - Swipe feature from full is now in Lite
    - Better tile icon size changes
    - MORE THEME COLORS!
    - Less force closes
    - Battery Code updated
    - Faster animations
    - Clock re-enabled
    - Ads. Yeah it's a good way to keep us coding -- or get the regular version. Thanks you.

Regular update to 1.2
    Dec 21, 2010:
    Lite updated to 1.2
    - TILE NOTIFICATION
    - STATUS BAR NOTIFICATION
    - Better tile icon size changes ;)
    - MORE THEME COLORS!
    - Less force closes
    - Battery Code updated
    - Faster animations

Dec 14, 2010:
    Lite updated to 1.1.2
    - Battery Status and Signal Status code updated to include a wider range of devices and hopefully less f.c. on a lot of devices.
    Depending on feedback and outcome, same code will come thru (as well as a few extras) on regular version in the next few days.

Dec 10, 2010:
    Lite: updated to 1.1.1

Regular: updated to 1.1.1

Lite: Updated to 1.1
    - Swipe to flip between (1st and 2nd Screen from 1.0.1 regular is added)
    - Battery Status is now added

Regular: Updated to 1.1
    - Full Swipe between (1st and 2nd Screen is updated - animated)
    - Battery Status added
    - All future developments will continue on this version.

Dec 8, 2010:
    Regular Updated to 1.0.1
    - Swipe to slide added.

Dec 7, 2010:
    Lite version updated to 1.0.1
    - First and last tile misalignment is fixed
    - Minor tweaks

Regular ($2.99) version 1.0 added to market
    - same as lite version for now
    - supports more than 12 apps on the main screen
    Me too! Theres like what? +3 million Galaxy S sold around the world. If the Dev can fix the FC im definitly buying 2 WP-Android. One for me and one for my lady.

Without actual hardware to test, it's hard to figure out the FC issue. We patched a few more "bugs" and adding in some features for the weekend update. Going to flash one of the Nexus Ones with custom sense UI to see if we can duplicate some issues.
    Three things.

One, this launcher is pretty. I like it, I'd buy it when it's got things that I want it to have.

Two, adding anything else to the homescreen really kills it. It would be really nice to have an option to change the icon inside the tile to whatever I want (It would be unfair to ask YOU to make all those icons, right?)

Three, even if the original WP7 UI shows user apps in a list, please, PLEASE add an option to display apps in a grid. It's really annoying to have to scroll down and read app names.

Thanks.

Thanks.

1. Keep a eye out for changes coming this weekend.
    2. We will not be supplying icons. We will soon add ability to change your own icon. Not this weekend though.
    3. :D We have no intention of changing things from original UI feel. We will add more features to mimic more features and such as much as we can. Put it this way, this is not like a regular application. We are re-do a launcher. It's like adding a ton of apps in one.
    Link for 1.1.1 lite

1.1.1 lite is on the first page now. Enjoy (for those that can't get it online).

The status update and status overlay (phone, mail, message) will be here sometime this week. We hope.