FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,597 Vote(s)
63.96%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.62%
I don't know.

485 Vote(s)
19.42%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,930

Post Reply Email Thread
5th November 2013, 04:10 PM |#5001  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
the update.zip contains OS 4.1 jellybean so can it be used??
and i guess how to instal a stock rom. if it is this process=>
recovery>format factory >wipe cache>install update.zip.
or choose zip from sd card

5th November 2013, 04:25 PM |#5002  

More
Smile PLT8816K Root Method
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnemc

UPDATE: I found out that I had to create and adb_usb.ini file with the manufacturer code 0x2207 in it. Anyway, my table is now rooted and running all of the google apps - yeehaa!

In response to PM question, I rooted the table using the Root RK29 Tab Toolkit 1.3 that I found here on the forum in another thread --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1967699

After you root you will want to install gapps-ics-20120429-signed and then you will want to install Play Store APK_3.9.17.apk.
5th November 2013, 05:50 PM |#5003  

More
Post phone doesn't boot in recovery
hi,
I have a freelander i30 and my phone doesn't boot in recovery, it doesn't do anything when I press the vol up and power button. I recently lost root and don't know if this might be the issue. I need to re-install the ROM but I don't have recovery.

thanks
5th November 2013, 06:01 PM |#5004  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akins47

the update.zip contains OS 4.1 jellybean so can it be used??
and i guess how to instal a stock rom. if it is this process=>
recovery>format factory >wipe cache>install update.zip.
or choose zip from sd card

Dark Wraith & others, pls help out
5th November 2013, 06:04 PM |#5005  
Flag Baltimore

More
messed up my phone
So I'm a total n00b to all of this and decided to root my phone....I did something which made my calculator and video player not work which i think was deleting the qslide framework because I thought that would get rid of it in the notification bar which it didnt. So to fix that I read some stuff online and saw someone say to replace the systemui...so I did that and ever since I keep getting "unfortunately systemui has stopped" and the other apps that werent working still arent. How can I get my phone back to normal? Please help :/
5th November 2013, 06:14 PM |#5006  
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 229

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miglio12

Absolutely-noob question.
Why can't i post in this thread anymore??
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1705866

I posted on it a few time ago...

Inviato da Tapatalk

Maybe u tried to post using the quick reply in tapatalk. If u want to post, just press option then select reply or if u want to quote someone, tap on the message u wanna quote and press the message icon on the top bar of the app

Sent from my myTouch 4g using Tapatalk
5th November 2013, 06:14 PM |#5007  

More
I'm moving from an HTC MyTouch 4G Slide to a Nexus 5. (Big jump, I know!) While I'm fine with losing most of my game data, I really want to save all my stuff in Subway Surfer. Last night I rooted my phone and installed Titanium Backup, since the phone is too old for Helium. Can I restore the app data for Subway Surfer to my Nexus 5 without rooting it? The only way I can think to do this directly is to use Helium to restore the backup from Titanium Backup. Is that even possible? (Just to make sure I backed it up correctly, in Titanium Backup, I went to Backup/Restore, selected Subway Surfer and selected backup. Am I correct in understanding that this will backup the apk and the app data?)

I have an HP TouchPad with Cyanogenmod on it. Would my best bet be to restore Subway Surfers with Titanium Backup on the TouchPad, then backup again with Helium?
5th November 2013, 06:19 PM |#5008  
Privacy
Thanks Meter: 605

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropdeadkyle

So I'm a total n00b to all of this and decided to root my phone....I did something which made my calculator and video player not work which i think was deleting the qslide framework because I thought that would get rid of it in the notification bar which it didnt. So to fix that I read some stuff online and saw someone say to replace the systemui...so I did that and ever since I keep getting "unfortunately systemui has stopped" and the other apps that werent working still arent. How can I get my phone back to normal? Please help :/

Flashing the stock rom is best option as a fresh start..

But u can flash the stock framework-res.apk and system UI it will work out.

and post here

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Quote:

i have done all that before but to no avail. and when i try installing another rom, it gives error(guess it is due to the one that bricked the phone)
and can i flash an upgrade zip file instead of flashin new rom alone?

Just do one thing flash a stock kernel of ur device and then boot..

then proceed for flashing the stock rom. try to flash the same version u were using firstly.

and post
5th November 2013, 06:20 PM |#5009  
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 229

More
Quote:

i have done all that before but to no avail. and when i try installing another rom, it gives error(guess it is due to the one that bricked the phone)
and can i flash an upgrade zip file instead of flashin new rom alone?

How about searching for the factory image of your phone(Normally looks like PDI5IMG.zip) and flash it through ur boot loader.

Note: or .zip file might have different name so pls do research.

Sent from my myTouch 4g using Tapatalk
5th November 2013, 06:41 PM |#5010  
Privacy
Thanks Meter: 605

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradiso319

I'm moving from an HTC MyTouch 4G Slide to a Nexus 5. (Big jump, I know!) While I'm fine with losing most of my game data, I really want to save all my stuff in Subway Surfer. Last night I rooted my phone and installed Titanium Backup, since the phone is too old for Helium. Can I restore the app data for Subway Surfer to my Nexus 5 without rooting it? The only way I can think to do this directly is to use Helium to restore the backup from Titanium Backup. Is that even possible? (Just to make sure I backed it up correctly, in Titanium Backup, I went to Backup/Restore, selected Subway Surfer and selected backup. Am I correct in understanding that this will backup the apk and the app data?)

I have an HP TouchPad with Cyanogenmod on it. Would my best bet be to restore Subway Surfers with Titanium Backup on the TouchPad, then backup again with Helium?

Yes titanium will do that for u with ur data only not the apk..

copy the surfers folder from mnt/asec. It will be having apk and data.

and also from root dir go to data- data and copy the surfers folder from there too.

So data willl be in titanium and also on ur sdcard too.

and for backing up apk's u can use es file explorer ETC. also.

---------- Post added 6th November 2013 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was 5th November 2013 at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankc

hi,
I have a freelander i30 and my phone doesn't boot in recovery, it doesn't do anything when I press the vol up and power button. I recently lost root and don't know if this might be the issue. I need to re-install the ROM but I don't have recovery.

thanks

Flash a custom recovery for using recovery..as it might not have the stock recovery

Flash cwm via spflashtools or use rom manager.

and post

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Quote:

Dark Wraith & others, pls help out

From cwm flash the kernel of the rom u flashed.
and then reboot..
if that doesnt work out then,
Either use ruu or cwm to flash the stock rom back.
5th November 2013, 06:44 PM |#5011  

More
Help please?
Please someone help me?

I flashed my galaxy i9003 to official ROM 2.3.6 Gingerbread ( it was 2.2 when I bought it)

It worked for a few weeks and then suddenly when I use the internet (using data nerwork not wifi) for like 2 minutes the reception gives me no signal!

If I connect my phone to my PC using tethering or even just charging it on the PC it works fine and doesnt give me no signal

Why is that? I don't think the problem is with my SIM because I tried it on a different device and it works fine

Is it because something went wrong after flashing?

This is my phone information:
PDA: I9003JPKPH
Phone: I9003JXKP3
CSC: I9003OJPKPC

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)