Gilad.i

Jun 25, 2012
tel aviv
canot find priv-app folder im on stock rom 4.2.2

canot find priv-app folder im on stock rom 4.2.2 plz help

Flaminel

Jul 7, 2014
Cluj-Napoca
Is there any chance to make it work on a S3 mini with a stock rom? I couldn't find any 3rd party app that would be at least close to OmniSwitch and it's basic feature ( killing apps ) is needed as it is to breathe air. A simple task killer won't do it. OmniSwitch is flexible and compact and so on.

razen_kain

Jan 28, 2013
Carthage
Is there any chance to make it work on a S3 mini with a stock rom? I couldn't find any 3rd party app that would be at least close to OmniSwitch and it's basic feature ( killing apps ) is needed as it is to breathe air. A simple task killer won't do it. OmniSwitch is flexible and compact and so on.

If it's not kitkat it won't work but there is a back port called omnisnitch ( with an "n") that works on JB/ICS ROMs. Just Google it. It's here on Xda and free

Flaminel

Jul 7, 2014
Cluj-Napoca
If it's not kitkat it won't work but there is a back port called omnisnitch ( with an "n") that works on JB/ICS ROMs. Just Google it. It's here on Xda and free
Thank you very much! Looks like the stock rom uses more ram than mods do. The only thing that's holding me back from switching to a mod rom is the samsung keyboard. I've got used to it for a year and a half now, making me difficult to enjoy other keyboards. It's layout is unique as much as the prediction of the words. Still, hoping for the best and looking forward to seeing a 3rd party keyboard that's like it.
Thank you for your help, again!

PunkUnity

Dec 1, 2012
Camarillo
OK. I've read this whole thread. Read the entire omnisNitch thread, and can't seem to bind my recents virtual button on my G2, to use this for recents instead of my roms stock recent switcher. LG G2 D800 running latest LiquidSmooth. There is an option in the rom to change button behavior, but when I select omniswitch app, it just opens the apps settings and doesnt use it as the recents. Being a long time OmniRom user, I really miss this option. Thanks for your work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just pulled this out of the latest OmniRom.

Quite a nice new approach to an app switcher in sort of a PIE way of doing things.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m80nJjZFK0o

Needs to be installed from: system/priv-app (take note it is the priv-app folder!) with permissions corrected to: rw-r--r--

Installed and running on Cyanogenmod nightly but should work on any 4.4.X rom.

**Updated APK to latest from 30-04-2014 Nightly**
    Mine crashes trying to close all apps button. Installed in the required folder as mentioned in the install notes but no dice

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I have updated the APK to the latest version from the 30-04-2014 nightly OmniRom.
    Try this one and see if there is still a FC.
    If there is I would have to assume that Carbon Rom has had some customisation done that interferes with OmniSwitch and I will add a note to OP.
    I have updated the APK to the latest version from the 30-04-2014 nightly OmniRom.
    Try this one and see if there is still a FC.
    If there is I would have to assume that Carbon Rom has had some customisation done that interferes with OmniSwitch and I will add a note to OP.
    Tried the new version. For some reason setting the right permissions doesn't work. I set them with root explorer, then reboot. When the app is installed, I turn it on, and it gives me a message that the app can't get the right permissions. Can't understand what I am doing wrong, but it seems me that i do everything right as before.
    Here guys try using the zip in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2700039

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk