[Q][UNBRICK] Is my TF700 a brick OR asleep in APX MODE?

Search This thread

jadeye

Dec 14, 2011
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here so forgive my errors (if any):

I have tried a few things on my TF700:

1. I have installed the rooting tool from asus website and after activating it,
The first boot scrren said (on top left corner) "the device is unlocked"
When running the app again it would give an error.
2. I tried soft reset - nothing there.
3. I went for hard reset - I accidently went for the left most icon....
After a little investigation on a few pages here I think it is in APX mode..???

It turns on but stays in the first screen with the white ASUS logo on screen & thats it...

Any ideas anyone???
How do I save my precious TF700??
I tried connecting to it through USB installing (Linux):

cat > /etc/udev/rules.d/60-nvflash.rules <<END
# nvflash support for Nvidia Tegra systems attached to USB
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0955", ATTR{idProduct}=="7820", MODE="0660", GROUP="plugdev"
END

With no luck...

What can I do???

Thanx...

Last edited:

LetMeKnow

Jun 17, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here so forgive my errors (if any):

I have tried a few things on my TF700:

1. I have installed the rooting tool from asus website and after activating it,
The first boot scrren said (on top left corner) "the device is unlocked"
When running the app again it would give an error.
2. I tried soft reset - nothing there.
3. I went for hard reset - I accidently went for the left most icon....
After a little investigation on a few pages here I think it is in APX mode..???

It turns on but stays in the first screen with the white ASUS logo on screen & thats it...

Any ideas anyone???
How do I save my precious TF700??
I tried connecting to it through USB installing (Linux):

With no luck...

What can I do???

Thanx...

If you use the Asus unlock tool, you should not brick your device. It looks like that you wipe your system some how. I am guessing here...:confused: Can you do some test for me? If you on the Asus screen, just press the power button for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then keep holding the power button with the volume down at the same time until you are going back to the three icons, thanks. I just want to see if you can get back to your recovery...:)

jadeye

Dec 14, 2011
If you use the Asus unlock tool, you should not brick your device. It looks like that you wipe your system some how. I am guessing here...:confused: Can you do some test for me? If you on the Asus screen, just press the power button for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then keep holding the power button with the volume down at the same time until you are going back to the three icons, thanks. I just want to see if you can get back to your recovery...:)

Than you for you reply...
I already tried that...it just loops the same shut down to ASUS LOGO screen with no response to the volume down button.
I also let it run out of power so to try & get it out of this loop which resembles an APX loop but in vain...it just keeps on powering up to the same state...
Will give it another go....
There isn't even a pause where I can slip the volume down button in, that is why I let it run out of power to slip the volume down button in...& that is what I am going to do now...let it charge for a short while and power it up with the volume down button (which did not work for several tries...)

jadeye

Dec 14, 2011
Than you for you reply...
I already tried that...it just loops the same shut down to ASUS LOGO screen with no response to the volume down button.
I also let it run out of power so to try & get it out of this loop which resembles an APX loop but in vain...it just keeps on powering up to the same state...
Will give it another go....
There isn't even a pause where I can slip the volume down button in, that is why I let it run out of power to slip the volume down button in...& that is what I am going to do now...let it charge for a short while and power it up with the volume down button (which did not work for several tries...)
Just powered it up with volume down & same screen...
What can I do?

jadeye

Dec 14, 2011
Hold down volume down and keep held down whilst holding the power button down for at least 10 secs. What happens?

I have do this several times (but will try again) and it just powers back up to the same screen...

Did anyone refer you my suggestion of it being in APX mode??
What happens if I put a micro SD Card in the slot??
What is that left most logo on the hard reset screen?
What is that right most logo on the hard reset screen?
I know the center is the android...

HELP!!!

Where are all the experts here??

If an SD Card does function, what do I need to have on it in order to restore the state of my ASUS to functional?

Thanx to all those who are giving my POST some thought...:)

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
I have do this several times (but will try again) and it just powers back up to the same screen...

HELP!!!

If an SD Card does function, what do I need to have on it in order to restore the state of my ASUS to functional?

The device will enter in APX mode only with the Volume UP + Power buttons combo and to get out of that mode you need to hold the Power button for at least 10 seconds.
If you can't get to the bootloader menu (the one with the 3 icons) anymore you are out of luck and only Asus can repair your device. APX it's useful only if you have the NvFlash backup.
Inserting a microSD with an original Asus firmware is also useless if you can't access the bootloader menu because you can't boot in recovery mode.

Reactions: jadeye and jt1998

jt1998

Jul 1, 2013
Houston

HELP!!!

Make sure you do EXACTLY what sdbags said - he IS the expert.

With the tablet powered OFF, press and hold BOTH the power button and volume down button together, for at least 10 seconds. It should bring you back to the screen with the 3 icons. RCK, android robot icon, wipe. RCK gets you to recovery mode where you can use TWRP for recovery/flash installs, etc. Middle android is the cold boot option which sometimes fixes problems like you're having. Don't do wipe unless someone like sdbags explicitly tells you.

Hope you can fix this.

Reactions: jadeye

jadeye

Dec 14, 2011

With the tablet powered OFF, press and hold BOTH the power button and volume down button together, for at least 10 seconds. It should bring you back to the screen with the 3 icons. RCK, android robot icon, wipe. RCK gets you to recovery mode where you can use TWRP for recovery/flash installs, etc. Middle android is the cold boot option which sometimes fixes problems like you're having. Don't do wipe unless someone like sdbags explicitly tells you.

Hope you can fix this.

Well guys...thank you all for your help & time...

I tried everything anyone here suggested but unfortunately ended up with the same result: ASUS white logo screen.

The tablet is still under the first year time period...any suggestions as for how to get it fixed (RMA) without paying tones of money?
What should I say happened???

Guess RCK does not work on my device...(?)

Thank you all...

jt1998

Jul 1, 2013
Houston
Did you try the middle android icon to see if that helped? You switch to the middle one by pressing volume down, then select it by pressing volume up.

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
The device also have a reset button (a tiny hole near the micro hdmi port),use a paperclip to press it and hope for the best.
As for the RMA ,Asus could charge you for repairing because you unlocked the bootloader but some users here on XDA also reported that Asus repaired their device for free even if the bootloader was unlocked.

jadeye

Dec 14, 2011
The device also have a reset button (a tiny hole near the micro hdmi port),use a paperclip to press it and hope for the best.
As for the RMA ,Asus could charge you for repairing because you unlocked the bootloader but some users here on XDA also reported that Asus repaired their device for free even if the bootloader was unlocked.

Sorry guys...NOTHING WORKS!!! :crying:

:angel: Thank you all for your time & assistance...

jadeye

Dec 14, 2011
crappy devices by asus - NO SUPPoRT!!!

im having same issue. and for me its worse because my volume rocker is broken

Sorry to hear...I could never get it fixed and asus support does NOT EXIST!!!

I am never buying such crappy devices by asus ever again!!!

I did write the like 5 times, they do have service labs here but these service labs know much less then xda-devs...:laugh:

Prizrak_M

Apr 14, 2016
The device will enter in APX mode only with the Volume UP + Power buttons combo and to get out of that mode you need to hold the Power button for at least 10 seconds.
If you can't get to the bootloader menu (the one with the 3 icons) anymore you are out of luck and only Asus can repair your device. APX it's useful only if you have the NvFlash backup.
Inserting a microSD with an original Asus firmware is also useless if you can't access the bootloader menu because you can't boot in recovery mode.

I have only APX mode available and I have the NvFlash backup.. Is there any way to bring him to life? I can't enter bootloader menu or recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HELP!!!

Just powered it up with volume down & same screen...
    What can I do?

I believed that I can not help you any further with this issue because my knowledge is limited in this situation. I hope that somebody else can give you a good advice.. Good luck..

HELP!!!

Hope you can fix this.
    I have only APX mode available and I have the NvFlash backup.. Is there any way to bring him to life? I can't enter bootloader menu or recovery.

You can try this treat, xda-developers Asus Transformer TF700 Transformer TF700 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting i screwed up :( by Motawa88

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2742274

Best regards
    Scenic-3