FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Q] Anyone know how to enable 4g with 4.4.2 slim kat?

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By sinusSGS4G, Junior Member on 16th January 2014, 07:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've since it done on other versions of the galaxy and I tried to mimic what they did to see if I could get into a menu to change the settings. I found one that worked for me you just go to dial and enter *#*#4636#*#* then it will take you to the menu where you can change what preferred network type you want to use but keeps changing it back to default. Anyone know how to possibly save this setting or something?

16th January 2014, 07:37 PM |#2  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 994

Donate to Me
More
Why do you believe you aren't getting "4G" on the phone? Is it the "H" that you are seeing when you are sending/receiving data and the "3G" when you are not? If so, that is completely expected behavior. The SGS4G is not a true 4G phone in the sense that it is not capable of using LTE.
16th January 2014, 08:34 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Okay I see your point, mine does "3g" "h" and "e" figured when I had it back on gingerbread it said "4g" that it could handle "4g" coverage but now I'm assuming "h" is now the term it says for having "4g"?
16th January 2014, 11:11 PM |#4  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 994

Donate to Me
More
T-Mobile, at least when this phone was released, did not have significant LTE coverage, but did have HSPA+ (21-42 Mbps download speeds). They advertised HSPA+ as "4G"

They probably weren't the only ones that "fudged" on that. It is definitely faster than 3G speeds for HSPA, but not all consider HSPA+ a "true" 4G.

T-Mobile ROMs and those "cooked" from them, not surprisingly, promoted the HSPA+ connection as "4G" in the UI. AOSP, CyanogenMod, and similar ROMs were a little more "honest" about things. There are patches somewhere to change the icon to "4G" if it makes you smile more.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)