FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Q] How do you uninstall applications that are installed by flashing?

78 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By bsg273, Member on 21st May 2014, 04:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Let's say I've installed an application by flashing its zip in custom recovery such as an enhanced camera like this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2540030

Or the Google Dialer like the one found over at this link

http://pocketnow.com/2013/12/26/install-google-dialer

My intuition tells me these can't simply be uninstalled in the apps manager, so how does one do a complete uninstallation of an application that was originally installed by flashing its zip? (I suppose my example applications pertain specifically to 4.4.2 based AOSP ROMs but I figured this might be a generalized process)

21st May 2014, 04:14 PM |#2  
Flag Lincoln
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Well if you can't uninstall it through conventional ways then delete the apk file using a root file explorer.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
21st May 2014, 04:19 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkuligowski

Well if you can't uninstall it through conventional ways then delete the apk file using a root file explorer.

And what's the path for the root APKs?
21st May 2014, 05:17 PM |#4  
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 872

Donate to Me
More
Make a back up first and restore it or pick through the installer zip to see what it's installing (the paths will match) and delete the changes. Some installers do more then just drop an apk though.
21st May 2014, 05:22 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73

Make a back up first and restore it or pick through the installer zip to see what it's installing (the paths will match) and delete the changes. Some installers do more then just drop an apk though.

Yeah I know making and restoring a backup is always an option but I was trying to see if there was an easier, less resource demanding way of doing it. Unfortunately, you're probably right in saying forensically picking through the installer zip is the only way to know where all the installed parts of the application lie. I really wish when people posted these installation zips that they'd also post a backout procedure but you practically never see it. What's with that?
21st May 2014, 05:29 PM |#6  
Flag North East, MD

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsg273

Yeah I know making and restoring a backup is always an option but I was trying to see if there was an easier, less resource demanding way of doing it. Unfortunately, you're probably right in saying forensically picking through the installer zip is the only way to know where all the installed parts of the application lie. I really wish when people posted these installation zips that they'd also post a backout procedure but you practically never see it. What's with that?

I guess they don't think you'll ever uninstall it. Yeah honestly I don't know.
21st May 2014, 05:30 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73

I guess they don't think you'll ever uninstall it. Yeah honestly I don't know.

Hahaha, of course, cuz applications never become outdated or buggy. lol
23rd May 2014, 03:51 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
can't you freeze it with TB?

Sent from Tapatalk using my xposed VZW G2
23rd May 2014, 06:12 PM |#9  
Flag Kansas City, MO
Thanks Meter: 94

More
You uninstall them by using Titanium backup. Just long press whatever the app is.

Sent from my T0LTE using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to CharliexCharger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CharliexCharger Ad-Free
24th May 2014, 02:02 AM |#10  
Flag North East, MD

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharliexCharger

You uninstall them by using Titanium backup. Just long press whatever the app is.

Sent from my T0LTE using XDA Free mobile app

Not every zip is installing an apk, some make file changes, etc also...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)