[ROM] [Team D.I.R.T] [4.1.2] Unofficial Slim Bean v1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

aqualls

Nov 23, 2010
York, PA
Is it me or is the site down for the slim add-ons and gapps? Keep getting a forbidden 403 error.

Edit: Just got into the site. Downloads are down due to server issues. Too many downloads since 4.2.1 stable.

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using xda premium

Last edited:

Kitteh

Apr 27, 2011
There's currently no bugs or issues that I know of aside from the 3D but that's an issue with AOSP on this device and since the Slim Bean team moved on to 4.2.1, this is pretty much it for this ROM :)

Does that mean we may see a 4.2.x Slim Bean rom for our devices in the future? ;)

For 4.1, this has been the rom for me. I use this when I have no other desires (like 3D or the new features of 4.2).

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
Does that mean we may see a 4.2.x Slim Bean rom for our devices in the future? ;)

For 4.1, this has been the rom for me. I use this when I have no other desires (like 3D or the new features of 4.2).
Trying not to overload myself and just keep working on one thing at a time BUT yeah, once I get Dirty Unicorns going (fix everything but 3D) and set things up for nightlies........I'll work on the 4.2.2 version of this ROM :)

A

Antibios

Was I the only one who's 4G was never sure if it was connected or not or would just drop for no reason on this ROM?

theotrman

May 29, 2011
EVERYWHERE!
Was I the only one who's 4G was never sure if it was connected or not or would just drop for no reason on this ROM?

The ROM doesn't actually show the 4G icon above the signal bars... its not an easy fix from Developer's statement in the OP. But it works, try a data speedtest app.. how I tell is data transfers are 1000000000000000000000000 times faster than Sprints wonderful 3G.:p

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

A

Antibios

Not the icon but in the actual settings it would say it was off when it was on and vice versa. Or say scanning or connecting even though it was off or in the middle of a download. Just didn't seem to ever know what state it was in

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

I also cannot control in call volume on this ROM but I have had that issue with the other AOSP/CM10 ROMs too

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app

birddseedd

Mar 16, 2009
any chance i can get some help. this rom wont boot for me. jsut restarts.

s-off
hboot 1.40.00
4ext recovery
butteredtoast kernel

seems all jb roms do the same for me. ics roms will boot

spycom773469

Apr 7, 2009
any chance i can get some help. this rom wont boot for me. jsut restarts.

s-off
hboot 1.40.00
4ext recovery
butteredtoast kernel

seems all jb roms do the same for me. ics roms will boot

Make sure you are on the latest 4ext, try downgrading you Hboot to the eng 1.04 and don't flash a different kernel until you actually get it to boot. And this goes without saying, but completely wipe your phone, except for the sd.

Sent from my Paranoid Note 2

birddseedd

Mar 16, 2009
anyone else having their keyboard crash when you try to type something? "unfortunatly, android keyboard (aosp) has stopped."

ChoznJuan

Oct 17, 2010
I'm trying to get MMS going on this ROM, but every time I try to open the voice dialer, It won't initialize. Any one still using this ROM that may be able to help? I know Mazda had moved on to his 4.2 ROM...

theotrman

May 29, 2011
EVERYWHERE!
I'm trying to get MMS going on this ROM, but every time I try to open the voice dialer, It won't initialize. Any one still using this ROM that may be able to help? I know Mazda had moved on to his 4.2 ROM...

This post helped me and I'm a SPRINT USER.. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36472271

If your a VM user there is a fix just a few pages before this post ^^^^… I found it searching generally for a "MMS fix". I've been running this for a month + w/o any problems and love this ROM. Thanks for sharing this MAZDA!

Reactions: Mazda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    9sxzh.png

AZljR.png

Like all my threads, I want to give credit and thank you for those that help me along the way and make these ROMs/MODs and everything I do possible!

Google | Slim Team | AOKP Team | Cyanogen | Preludedrew | JMZtaylor | MikeC84 | Tommytomatoe | Lloir

iBlowpot | Sammyycakes | Kushdeck | thedawn2009 | qnhoang81 | rohan32

- All of Team D.I.R.T and everyone that supports us!

* If you feel that your name should be in the OP for one reason or another, please PM and I'll get you up there if I forgot you

Hugi6.png

1. Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with their (Slim Rom team) mods and interesting ones from CM/AOKP.
    2. Feature requests are welcomed as this is an unofficial ROM and I can do what I please with it.
    3. As per the Slim ROM team, no ports based on my ROM zip or their ROM zip at all! Their manifest is updated regularly and they encourage building from source.

Check out the feature list here

ecETQ.png

Code:
    [B][COLOR="red"]- Initial release[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"]- Version 1.1[/COLOR][/B]
    - Fixed the camera
    - Fixed Wimax
    - Added in facebook sync hack
    - Removed OTA app (I rather not do OTAs)
    - Made some minor changes in Settings
    - Updated hosts for an ad-free experience
    - Probably something else but I can't remember....

Rt1Bw.png

- Please do a full complete wipe (everything but your sdcard) before flashing.

- Make sure you're NOT on the 1.58 HBOOT or you will get reboot!!

- Provide a logcat and/or as much detail as possible or your bug will be ignored.

- Remember the XDA rules! Please be respectful to each other, I do this for free and have NO TIME for the BS!

- If and when someone does step out of line, either ignore them or report them, don't feed the trolls...PLEASE!!

SDZ0b.png

http://teamdirt.me/showthread.php?3-ROM-Team-D-I-R-T-4-1-2-Unofficial-Slim-Bean-v1-1

qdnEp.png

- 3D

pdEiX.png

Source for the ROM - https://github.com/Slimroms
    Source for the Kernel - https://github.com/mazdarider23/android_kernel_htc_shooter
    FAQlogo.png

Q - I flashed the ROM and now I have an issue, what should I do?
    A - Don't freak out! Pull a logcat and paste it on to pastebin and provide me a link in the thread to it. Along with the logcat, please provide me with as much information as possible. Things that you would think could help me fix this issue.....i.e what kernel you're running, what happened, what did you prior to the bug/issue.

Q - How do I pull a logcat?
    A - Check out this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1726238

Q - Do I have to wipe before flashing??
    A - YES, even if you're coming from a previous version of this ROM. By doing a full wipe each time, it not only avoids any issues that come from not wiping BUT if you report an issue, I then know that is a legit problem and not because of lack of wiping.

Q - I see (Insert developer name) has fixed this or has added this feature, are you going to do the same?
    A - NO! No disrespect to that developer but I have not and will not keep up with what other developers are doing.

Q - I'm getting "Incompatible" errors in the Google Playstore, what can I do?
    A - Don't freak out!! Read this post by spycom773469, http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36319242&postcount=59

Q - My home button doesn't seem to work, what can I do?
    A - 9/10 times this happens when you flash the wrong GAPPS. This ROM is 4.1.2 not 4.2 so you would need to flash the GAPPS for 4.1.2

If the problem continues, then please pull a logcat and post the url to the logcat so I can troubleshoot this issue further

For further FAQs specific to Slim Bean, check out http://slimroms.net
    Camera/Camcorder and video playback is fixed :good:

Gonna go eat something and then tackle wimax for this ROM :)
    Can't test it because I'm on Boost Mobile BUT I'm sure Wimax is working....

iSLWv.png
    I just recently noticed that my MMS isn't working is there a fix or could someone assist me please thx u

J-Tatas
    Please search before posting! This very question has been answered time after time by ramjet and others in this thread.

I'm not trying to be an ass BUT I see more and more people not even trying to figure out things on their own and that's getting old :good: