ActiveSync Error 86000107 - possible cause: ringtones!

Search This thread

Seebaer

Mar 3, 2008
As many others I've had the error message 86000107 during ActiveSync synchronization. In my case the cause was the multiple change of ringtones on the PPC using 'VIP PIM Ringtone' (used version, see signature). Think, the cause was not using the tool but having changed >100 contacts at once.

Solution in ActiveSync on PC:

1. Uncheck 'contacts' in synchronization options. Take care: This will delete your contacts on PPC and your individual assignments of ringtones to contacts, too!
  2. Confirm Deletion.
  3. Synchronize without having 'contacts' checked. Now everything could work fine.
  4. Check the option 'contacts' again.
  5. Synchronize having 'contacts' checked.

Now try assigning individual ringtones again. But check synchronization after each assignment. Perhaps you find out more (ringtone not proper? ...).

Last edited:

v3patel

Mar 1, 2007
llok like it is Active sync 4.5 with Wm6.1 device

Look look like if many changes happend between two sync then Active sync 4.5 with wm6.1 produce error.

towinguk

May 12, 2006
Look look like if many changes happend between two sync then Active sync 4.5 with wm6.1 produce error.

Sorry to double post the same thing but

I don’t think its to do with the amount of data changed to be synced ,I have desk top cradle at home and in the office and I stand the phone in the cradles to charge and even if I have not changed any data the issue still happens ??
But if I un check JUST THE CONTACTS let the device sync it is ok if I then check contacts its ok again ,that is until it see the other pc this happen when no data has been changed on pc1 pc1 or ppc

Last edited:

Bogy54

Jan 14, 2009
Actually, it is the amount of information, but it isn't just ringtones. If you have more than 100 of anything, it will cause this error. 100 contacts, 100 appointments, 100 tasks, 100 notes, anything. Since I have far more than 100 (1300 contacts, 397 appointments in the next 2 weeks), I get the error every time I switch from one computer to another. There is a solution, but nobody is as yet releasing it. Microsoft has acknowledged it is a WM 6.1 problem, and they have supposedly released a patch, AKU 1.2. But either it has not actually been released, or all the providers are currently evaluating it and won't admit it.

I wrote HTC earlier today inquiring about the AKU 1.2 patch, and got the response that my provider would have to release it for them to provide it on their site. My provider is US Cellular. I called tec support, the original rep had no idea what I was talking about, but he transferred me to the tec support specifically for smartphones, and talked with a rep. She also didn't know about the problem, but searched their knowledge base. She first tried to give me the "solution" many have tried (removing the relationship, etc.), then she found the AKU 1.2 patch I had told her was the real solution, and acknowledged this was the real answer. Unfortunately, she says that Microsoft has not yet released the patch. My complaint was noted, but she said there was nothing to do until Microsoft released the patch. My response was that they needed to call Microsoft and complain, just I was doing with US Cellular.

I suggest that everyone needs to start calling your provider and asking when the patch will be made available. We need to light some fires. If I'm the only unhappy customer, that's too bad. If they start getting lots of unhappy customers, perhaps they will become a little more motivated. I seem to have been the first unhappy person to have called US Cellular.
To cut down the time you have to stay on hold, if you are a US Cellular customer, here's the direct # for the tec center that deals with smartphones: 888-996-5499

BTW, one suggestion the rep had was to reinstall WM6.1. "It won't hurt anything". I installed 6.1 it at the beginning of the week, and just got everything the way I liked it, including installing TouchFlo 2D. Even with backing stuff up, this isn't the solution I'm looking for. Has anyone else tried this? Does anyone want to? Can anyone see a reason why installing it a second time would make it work, when Microsoft has acknowledged they have a problem?

Last edited:

himariohere

Feb 10, 2008
... i faced the same problem... founding finally the best solution - promissed.

Just use Pocket Mirror Prof. for Calendar, Tasks and Contacts. Notes u can still use with AS.
It will sync 100% without probs, much faster and seeing what is left.

(contacts about 4500, 3500 calendar entries in 30 min.)

Cheers

Bogy54

Jan 14, 2009
... i faced the same problem... founding finally the best solution - promissed.

Just use Pocket Mirror Prof. for Calendar, Tasks and Contacts. Notes u can still use with AS.
It will sync 100% without probs, much faster and seeing what is left.

(contacts about 4500, 3500 calendar entries in 30 min.)

Cheers
So your solution is to buy a $50 program, instead of MS fixing their problem? This sounds like the spam another thread warning noobs was talking about.

yrreP

Oct 3, 2006
Google Pixel 5
MS have fixed the problem in later AKU releases - it's down to the vendor to implement the fix on within their ROM's...

The HTC Diamond has been fixed, the Pro will be fixed, the HD will not have the problem, etc. etc.

Grey handsets are the Dual, Cruise, TyTN 2 and x7510 - this all use AKU1.2 so shall be affected the the '107' problem.

If your handset is branded, you will need to petition them in order for the fix to be released.

Bogy54

Jan 14, 2009
MS have fixed the problem in later AKU releases - it's down to the vendor to implement the fix on within their ROM's...

The HTC Diamond has been fixed, the Pro will be fixed, the HD will not have the problem, etc. etc.

Grey handsets are the Dual, Cruise, TyTN 2 and x7510 - this all use AKU1.2 so shall be affected the the '107' problem.

If your handset is branded, you will need to petition them in order for the fix to be released.
I have, my first post was meant to encourage others to do the same.

himariohere

Feb 10, 2008
So your solution is to buy a $50 program, instead of MS fixing their problem? This sounds like the spam another thread warning noobs was talking about.
First of all, I agree on that "MS needs to to fix that".
By the way, I talked to MS and I talked to SE, both linked to each others.
In differrent forums, the topic is hot without any proofen tested "YES it works".
For this reason, I open to pay an amount for a working solution.... and meanwhile, where other people are trying to fix and to fix and to fix.... I go riding my snowboard, knowing everything works :)

How is that....

clwydian

Jul 7, 2006
error message

The '100' contacts error message cropped up on my touch pro today - Im back in xda land after my mini-s died when water entered my jacket pocket on my motorbike! The xda finally came back to life....but its backlight didnt.... ah well. I played with a google G1 for three weeks before crawling back to winmo...fancy that. Android is so much easier to use than windows mobile...shame about the hardware.... but soon..... soon...

Anyway im just about to reinstall the 690 contacts on my pro - Im only posting because I happen to notice I have 90 entries in my calendar! ooo close one!