[NIGHTLY][2.3.7][UPDATED 17/01] CyanogenMod 7.2 for Huawei U8150 [UNNOFFICIAL]

Would you like the text at the top or bottom of the boot animation?

Votes: 105 40.9%
  • Bottom

Votes: 152 59.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

tilal6991

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
gps dont work :eek:

A smart ph that don't know were it is... aint so smart :lol:

this def. needs a fix :(

can live w/o radio... [just]

but all the gps dependant features in U8150 are null, void, redundant...

might have to try Froyoman a little sooner than I thought ^^

PS - These bugs should be added to OP's :rolleyes:

What ROM are you using?

Sent from my Ideos using XDA App

tilal6991

Dec 25, 2010
Great rom. Faster then fusion. Imo. But huuuge battery drain. At first i thought it is the oc. But after changing cpu clock it was still there. Now i think it is the go launcher. Returned to launcher2 hope this solves the problem... good night

Edit. Can you add tweaks for blocking the ads in the apps?

Will do

tilal6991

Dec 25, 2010
After a weekend of research, downloading, and decision making. I now have my U8150 running Froyoman V3. Everything seem great, minus a couple of issues.

First, it took FOREVER to start up. It has only started once so far, I'll restart it after I've installed the apps I want, and update here if it starts faster on the second start.

Second, I have no multitouch. I discovered this is probably because my U8150 uses the melfas screen. Does Froyoman V3 support melfas? If not, is there a fix? Can it be fixed?

Great work on everything you guys have done so far. Keep it up, looking forward to future updates.

Can this ROM run Launcher Pro? Do ROMs even matter when it comes to choosing a launcher? Forgive me if that seems a little....noobish.... I am still new to android phones.

The first boot is really slow because it rebuilds the dalvik cache. Putting back to default launcher in next release. Launcher pro can be used and rom doesn't matter.

Reactions: Kyrle

Kyrle

Mar 22, 2011
The first boot is really slow because it rebuilds the dalvik cache. Putting back to default launcher in next release. Launcher pro can be used and rom doesn't matter.

Thanks, good to know. You didn't address the melfas issue however. Is there a fix available/in-the-works/planned?

I originally bought this phone knowing it didn't have multitouch, then I got a glimmer of hope that it might, then got smashed down by melfas. I can live without it, but it would be nice to have if its possible.

How hard would it be to put toggle buttons in the notification area for turning on and of stuff like wifi, gps, and wireless data?

I don't know if its just a problem with mine or not, but the battery percentage number only shows in the green area of the battery display. As the battery gets lower, the number on the left side gets cut off, and I'm guessing, when it gets really low, you lose the numbers altogether. This isn't an issue for me, just thought you might want to know about it.

tilal6991

Dec 25, 2010
Thanks, good to know. You didn't address the melfas issue however. Is there a fix available/in-the-works/planned?

I originally bought this phone knowing it didn't have multitouch, then I got a glimmer of hope that it might, then got smashed down by melfas. I can live without it, but it would be nice to have if its possible.

How hard would it be to put toggle buttons in the notification area for turning on and of stuff like wifi, gps, and wireless data?

I don't know if its just a problem with mine or not, but the battery percentage number only shows in the green area of the battery display. As the battery gets lower, the number on the left side gets cut off, and I'm guessing, when it gets really low, you lose the numbers altogether. This isn't an issue for me, just thought you might want to know about it.

Its still unclear whether melfas could have multitouch. It should be possible but no one seems yo be working on it. The icons in the notification area is a cyanogen only thing. The batter icon I know abut :)

Reactions: Kyrle

maury1234

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 16, 2009
Austin, Tx
@tilal
Look at the new oemlogo i have made!
It promotes our team and gives a better look to our devices :D

Tell me what you guys think about it..
.zip file included for those who want to implement it.

Attachments

• oemlogo.zip
    35.8 KB · Views: 13

tilal6991

Dec 25, 2010
@tilal
Look at the new oemlogo i have made!
It promotes our team and gives a better look to our devices :D

Tell me what you guys think about it..
.zip file included for those who want to implement it.

Looks great :). I tried to create one like it but I'm really bad at designing graphics so I just used a stock android one.

Trekker56

Dec 21, 2010
Thnkx for the advice guys. I was able to load FROYOMAN after a wipe. Link2SD is also working with ext2, and multitouch is also working. Will download linpack to see if the under and overclock are also working.

Great job guys!

My wishlist now is
1. A black theme,
2. Circular battery indicator with %,
3. Semitransparent notification dropdown.

I hope these might be incorpoarted in a newer version.

King_Rat

Mar 19, 2011
ASUS ROG Phone 3
What ROM are you using?

GPS back & working after restoring Cyanoman from Froyoman (maybe If I restore my Froyoman nand BU over my restored Cyanoman - it will have fixed itself too ^^ i.e. no more unlcean shutdowns :)wth: does that mean anyhow???) + lagginess may have vanished ^^

Try soon & let you's know

Last edited:

platysquatch

Apr 4, 2011
Hi all and thanks for all your work.

This is my first foray into rooting my phone and installing roms. I thought I would share my experiences.

Firstly I installed Clockworkmod and Rom Manager. That took me a little while to figure out because I forgot to add execute permissions to the clockworkmod installer on linux.

Then I messed around for a while because I was unaware roms were installed from a zip, so extracted the files (Froyoman) before transferring. That confused me for a while and I did a few reboots trying to get that to work.

When I did install, I noticed clockworkmod still says installing Froyoman v2 when I had downloaded version 3.

Starting up for the first time I was impatient and so took my battery out before it got through the whole startup (updating cache?) and then manually deleted data and cache because I saw that mentioned as a fix for hanging on startup. Then I did wait long enough for boot, but didn't have any of my data. I proceeded as normal not knowing any better and attempted to install all the apps I wanted. Multitouch worked great and it was way snappier than stock. Many thanks to the devs! I did notice battery seemed to be draining more quickly but maybe I was just not accustomed to watching a numerical indicator.

Eventually I realised my gmail contacts were not syncing (empty contacts list) and couldn't find a way to get it to do so. Is this a bug or a quirk from me not doing things properly?

So I restored my backup to stock and then decided to try FUSIONIdeos. This kept all my data so I thought "Ok I must have done something wrong before" and installed Froyoman again. This time I waited and I kept all my data and everything works great including contacts (I think it's syncing, not just using stored contact info but not sure...) except I found that I have no gTalk. I can see when people are online in my contacts and messaging lists but simply do not have the app. Does anyone know where I can get an .apk to restore this? Is this expected behaviour of this ROM?

Thanks again to all.

Last edited:

King_Rat

Mar 19, 2011
ASUS ROG Phone 3
@ platy you need gapps installed :mmm:

Froyoman took a while to bed down... (flashed this avo)

Had 3 unclean reboots/shutdowns - settings not apllied :yadda: :yadda:

happening while transfering apps to/from SD card...

Go Launcher needs to Go away :lol: UI is fugly :imo:

adw :ftw: (I use adw ex)

:woot: ROM is OC'd but feels laggier than Cyanoman...

Not so keen on new battery icon & 2G/3G icons... (2G icon come sand goes?! Is mostly gone ^^ 3G icon stays put)

Froyoman seems a little thirsty... you'll need to use Titanium Back Up to freeze a few things...

Maybe Green for select rather than blue ^^

:2ThumbsUp: Mutlitouch working a treat ^^ plus glad to have GPS back...

Love new bootanimation :rox:

Not as much internal memory i.e. room as Cyanoman... there's another 6 or 7 apps I had running on CM6 that I'd like to install on FM.. but I'm down to 57MB already :eek:

Will post more as I get more familiar :yes:

Last edited:

samwyze

Sep 15, 2008
Glad to hear link2sd is working, I'll reflash after a full wipe and see if that helps it work for me!

Seems like launchers are a personal preference thing, so why not have something lightweight like zeam as default and let peeps install there own favorite if they want? Just an idea :)

tilal6991

Dec 25, 2010
Wow so many questions and comments. I'm not near a computer right now but as soon as I get one ill answer all questions. Thanks for all the support and feedback guys.

oppi56

Jan 26, 2011
Now ive got the best rom... returned to launcher2 and replaced framework by nero di seppias. Looks great and is super fast. The slight oc is great. I dont need more... its perfect

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread has been depreciated.

Please go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1456890 for the latest info and nightlies.

Accomplishments:
    -Overclocked Kernel by tilal6991
    -Stripped FROYO rom
    -Booting Gingerbread rom / AOSP & CYANOGEN

Dev Teams Rom V2 FROYO
    Newer base! ;)
    Please Update Git
    Ripped (So GAPPS package will be an option)

Change Log
    *ROOT
    *Rom Manager, File Manager, ADW launcher
    *Newer base from march
    *Nexus bootscreen

Removed
    *GAPPS
    *Launcher2
    All the changelogs and known issues are now at our new blog here!!!!!!!
    December 5th nightly (CyanogenMod 7.2)

Here's a new nightly, up to date with latest upstream CyanogenMod sources as of December 5, 2011. Also, I'm testing new libs in this build and I'd appreciate feedback. n00bs need not apply.

What's new/fixed:
    • Mounting the SD card over USB
    • Overclocking
    • Barcode Scanner works (using tilal's fix, of course)
    • ROM Manager 4.8.0.6
    • Kernel Supports ext3/ext4 (should fix link2sd problems)
    • I bet nobody read this, and will ask a million times if it supports overclocking... :)
    What's not fixed:
    • Camera still takes 2 megapixel pictures. This appears to be the maximum the U8150 camera hardware supports, information about the U8150's camera sensor. I can't explain why the stock firmware takes 3mp pictures, but it appears they're upscaling them, not taking "true" 3mp.
    • Audio is still distorted when it is very loud.

How to flash*:
    1. Flash ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.7 (instructions). UltraJack won't work.
    2. Do a nandroid backup from ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Wipe data/factory reset
    4. Flash update from sdcard
    5. Full reboot!
    6. Flash Google Apps from ClockworkMod Recovery (optional)

Download ROM: update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-U8150-KANG-signed-dec5.zip (md5sum: 245615517569263c37364b0460425e6d)
    ClockworkMod Recovery: clockworkmod_5.0.2.7_u8150.img (md5sum: c59673d5aa926d94227857e51fbe9e2c)
    Google Apps: gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip (md5sum: 1647897d8ac3efb04723d2ad2c361a3f)

*failure to follow instructions has been shown to result in baldness in both men AND women. Flash at your own risk. It is your own responsibility to backup your applications, settings, phone numbers, etc.

Beta testers should look out (and provide feedback) for:
    • I switched to CyanogenMod's libril, liblights, libcopybit rather than using local versions in our device tree. The reasoning was that if the local ones work as well as the CM ones, there is no need to complicate our device tree just because "it works." CyanogenMod's maintainers maintain/update the CM hardware libs, so we'll let them do it.
    • Audio. I switched to psyke83's libaudio. We are already using a local libaudio override in our device tree, but right now we're using one from tas0s U8120 build. From speaking to psyke I learned that his code is newer, and contains fixes from the CodeAurora Forum. We had tried his code before but it didn't compile because of an error in the FM-related ifdef logic. We fixed the compile bug last night and the audio seems to work no less better than the U8120 audio.

Have fun!
    January 17, 2012 Nightly

Alon can you please post a newer build of cm 7 which incorporates light sensor.

Thank you

Yep, I tried to post one yesterday but XDA was down to show their disapproval of controversial Internet censorship legislation in the USA. I posted the download link on Twitter, so a few lucky people saw it. ;)

Here you go: update-cm-7.2-nightly-Jan17-u8150.zip (md5sum: 9a608be48402fd3d26c534fdb1597296)

It has the "working" auto brightness, a new kernel with a kernel panic fix, some touchscreen fixes, and dithering on by default (a bit nicer colors, especially grays).

Cheers!