HTC One S with NFC ?

Search This thread

Dverez

Jun 4, 2012
If you do it again, please post some pictures! Gadget pr0n ftw!

First of all I wanted to but I could not find my old camera because lately I used my phone only, secondly I`m newbie on this site and the forum motor would not let me to post any links. I`m not sure If I could upload any picture directly (today I`ve found my old digital camera so I could make pictures).

Mod: I made some pictures now and uploading to my Dropbox.

Last edited:

frettfreak

Jan 19, 2010
Apple Valley, CA
To be fair, FM radios in phones use a plugged in headset as their antenna...

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

didnt know that! I learned something new!

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Today I took my S4 into the smallest pieces (even the shields above the chips on the motherboard) and I did not found any chip with NXP on it.
I found one chip which was a TriQuint TQM7M5013 (Quad-Band GSM / GPRS / EDGE-Linear Power Amplifier Module) next to the 2 Samsung memory chips and the Qualcomm processor.
I still have hope there might be a NFC chip in the S3 models...

AWESOME!! Thanks for ending all this madness!

tritran18518

Mar 9, 2009
No NFC, but i'm more interesting to see our phone's battery is connected by clip( or whatever it's called), not being soldered. Easy to replace when battery dies.:good:

k1llacanon

Jun 3, 2012
Thank god this is done with as I said from the start not true. This thread should be locked now

Terminator19

Mar 13, 2011
Thank god this is done with as I said from the start not true. This thread should be locked now

The problem is, you and everyone else didn't have any hard evidence to back up that claim, nor did we have any hard evidence to prove that the one S did have NFC apart from 3 videos, of which 2 were very convincing and then given the XL (pretty much the same as the S regarding hardware), other mobiles history with features being disabled, mobiles with aluminium uni-bodies having NFC etc. it was very possible that it could have had NFC.

Now we do have confirmation though.

Thanks for confirming this dverez.

Tecardo

Nov 22, 2011
Pfofeld
The Kernel(s4) actually has a kernel modul.
I have atteched it here

Attachments

• pn544.c.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 27

devgee

Dec 5, 2011
You can actually run this module
With insmod!

Gesendet von meinem HTC One S mit Tapatalk 2

sromer

Dec 27, 2008
Sydney
Phone Name: HTC One S
Model Number: HTC One X
IMEI:

o_O

Also maybe he's just using the Chrome plugin called "sent to phone"

Last edited:

k1llacanon

Jun 3, 2012
What the hell is the zip what do u do with it ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today I took my S4 into the smallest pieces (even the shields above the chips on the motherboard) and I did not found any chip with NXP on it.
    I found one chip which was a TriQuint TQM7M5013 (Quad-Band GSM / GPRS / EDGE-Linear Power Amplifier Module) next to the 2 Samsung memory chips and the Qualcomm processor.
    I still have hope there might be a NFC chip in the S3 models...
    I've had real evidence that the HTC One S supports NFC.

unfortunately an UFO with green creatures went by and soldered the chip out :(

I love this thread...keep posting and stay tuned!
    If you do it again, please post some pictures! Gadget pr0n ftw!

First of all I wanted to but I could not find my old camera because lately I used my phone only, secondly I`m newbie on this site and the forum motor would not let me to post any links. I`m not sure If I could upload any picture directly (today I`ve found my old digital camera so I could make pictures).

Mod: I made some pictures now and uploading to my Dropbox.
    Hey moderator could you close this thread?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
    We don't have NFC !

What is your proof / source of knowledge. Please don't post if you don't evidence or any knowledge at all about a topic.